Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:38:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:39:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I remember getting to the end of T3 and feeling like I had just watched the trailer for a really good movie. Things were just getting good and the credits start rolling.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Want to get technical? The first movie was "regurgitated garbage". It's the sci-fi retelling of the Golem mythology. We fear "the other" and there's nothing like a good chase to get all our hearts racing.
View Quote

You're over-intellectualizing it.  

The discussion scope is a series of movies' storyline and how the first was solid and the rest went downhill from there; anyone who has paid even a modicum of attention to media knows that all stories are regurgitated, there are no original ideas under the sun.  You can literally claim each and every movie, novel, or short story can be a retelling of another with enough stretching.  

It's like trying to be the smart guy in the room who says Avatar is just a re-telling of Pocahontas in space.  Yeah, we all know that, stories borrow from other stories, there are only so many themes and humanity has been story-telling long enough to where they're all related or re-hashed.  You have to take each story (retelling) and judge on its own merits, specifically in this case the sequels being bad re-tellings of the original re-telling that had enough originality to make it good.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I watched 3 again last year. I agree it has excellent real world stunts and chases. It wasn't as bad as I remember it
View Quote

Maybe the newer films make it look good? It's all relative.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:43:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Terrible, T2 was peak Terminator.
View Quote

You spelled T1 wrong.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Salvation is under appreciated
View Quote

Broadcasting Salvation and Dark Fate should be considered human rights abuse.

Terminator should have stopped after the first one, but got to have a sequel when they make that kind of money. Don't get me wrong I think T2 is the better film but I can't stand the kid that plays John. I can't want the film because of him.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Kristanna Loken makes-up for it.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/76/cf/4a/76cf4a8be4aedc63ea7b346d928fba52.jpg

That's my fetish.
View Quote

I’ll-allow-it.jpg
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:06:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The ending definitely redeemed the odd parts of the movie. Every subsequent terminator movie has made me wish for judgement day.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I remember getting to the end of T3 and feeling like I had just watched the trailer for a really good movie. Things were just getting good and the credits start rolling.
View Quote
Hah.  I like T3 but I felt very similar to this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:12:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
End of Terminator 3 was best ending.

Montana Civil Defense - Hello, hello can someone hear me? This is Montana Civil Defense. Somebody please come in.
CQ, CQ, is anybody there?

Conner- This is John Conner at Crystal Peak

Montana Civil Defense - Conner, what the hell is happening?

Montana Civil Defense - Who’s in charge there?

Conner - (long pause) I am........

Montana Civil Defense - Conner can you help us?”

View Quote

Agreed. Seeing ‘how it all started’ is pretty cool, and there was something subtly foreboding about the outdated 1970s-era decor and equipment in the Crystal Peak bunker.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
1. T2
2. T1
3. Salvation
4. Genisys
5. T3
6. Dark Fate

And the franchise should have stopped at T2. If anything, Salvation should have been dark enough most people would hate it.
View Quote

They missed an opportunity with Salvation by cutting out the collaborator / hybrid scenes from the human processing centers.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:14:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Cannot lie: I wanked to her back then
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:14:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Agreed, it executed several scenes that were as groundbreaking as T2. The crane chase scene was incredible and lifelike, as well as the scene where they’re at the graveyard.

Highly underrated, IMO.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#14]
T2 came out in 1991 when I was at basic at Fort Knox.  We were lamenting that we were on base and couldn't go into town to see it, one of our Drill Sergeants who was a prankster told us to call the brigade Staff Duty officer and ask him if he would drive us to and from the theater off post in the company van.  So, us not knowing what Brigade Staff Duty Officer was, we called him .  That Captain was puzzled as hell, he couldn't believe we were asking that, gave us a polite "No" and hung up.  I'm pretty sure he thought it was a prank call.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:23:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

I saw T2 when I was in elementary school lol!  Still an awesome Movie and the best out of the terminator franchise.  The first movie was good as well.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:25:32 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm still waiting for the nude Terminat-ress battle off between Kristanna Loken

Vs. Summer Glau...  

Let the Battle Begin!!   FIGHT!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I loved Linda Hamilton in that one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:17:50 AM EDT
[#18]
While I, like anyone have enjoyed certain ones more than others, I am a huge fan of the franchise and have watched and enjoyed them all.   Made a special effort to see each one in the theater.  

For all their faults, I appreciate the fact that when they make a Terminator movie, they put in the effort to make a good movie.   It doesn't always succeed, but they make the effort.  It never got relegated to the direct to video sequels with replacement stars or cheap money grabs.   They have always wanted to try and do a proper movie, and as long as they do so, I will watch them.  

I gave 3 wicked mad props for having the balls to end the world rather than a nick of time saved it until the next go around.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#19]
every time travel trilogy should begin with the script writer getting punched in the face and the first written line "there's more where that came from"
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:24:25 AM EDT
[#20]
I always wanted a coffin filled with shoot and blow shit up stuff in it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 11:27:58 AM EDT
[#21]
the firetruck/ crane chase scene was kewl.

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 12:53:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

You spelled T1 wrong.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You spelled T1 wrong.

I agree.  The original was awesome.  I never liked T2.  T3 is better than 2 in my book.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 1:10:35 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
T1 was a solid movie. T2 set the standard for action sci-fi movies. T3 was solid.

I could sit down and watch any or all of them right now if I didn't have to work today.

Also - Young Guns II is another movie that was better than the original, like T2. In both cases I think the makers of the original saw the chance to go all-out and make a blockbuster and it's very rare for a film to pull that off as a sequel.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:45:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

YG and YGII are very underrated films.
Link Posted: 9/17/2020 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#25]

I wouldn't mind riding out a nuclear war with Claire Daines in a fully-stocked bunker.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 1:55:57 AM EDT
[#26]
I'm a sucker for just about anything with a Terminator in it.

A lot of the Terminator movies after T2 had good elements, but could never surpass the first two.
Like the one with Batman in it. I liked seeing inside the plant making the machines, and liked how they showed JC getting his scars. The CGI T800 was clunky, but a nice throw back to the original movie.

With Genisys I liked the idea of the aging machine. I liked the rehash of the scene from the original movie with the three thugs and nothing clean line. I hated the JC terminator, as well as all the time travel. I did like how they worked in the alternate universes. I would have liked to see where they were going with the Dr Who Terminator.  

I loved the idea of a female Terminator, and I liked the ending of the 3rd movie. The story wasn't ruined for me by the movie itself, but rather the actor that played JC. I have hated the JC character in ever single Terminator that had him, except the Christian Bale version.

I hated the kid in T2 and never really felt he was a good fit for the character. I wasn't offended when the T2 version was shotgunned in the last movie.

The only movie franchises where I felt truly ripped off, was the newest Robocop, Ghost Busters, and the last two quasi Alien movies based on the Prometheus bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:01:30 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yeah but Claire Danes is
View Quote
She was the best part of that movie!
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:03:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Broadcasting Salvation and Dark Fate should be considered human rights abuse.

Terminator should have stopped after the first one, but got to have a sequel when they make that kind of money. Don't get me wrong I think T2 is the better film but I can't stand the kid that plays John. I can't want the film because of him.
View Quote

Dark Fate yes but Salvation is awesome eye candy. Christian Bale did a good John Connor. The story just blew serious donkey ones.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:05:08 AM EDT
[#29]
It was 5.5/10.   Ok but nothing I’d bother reviewing about.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:05:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm a sucker for just about anything with a Terminator in it.

A lot of the Terminator movies after T2 had good elements, but could never surpass the first two.
Like the one with Batman in it. I liked seeing inside the plant making the machines, and liked how they showed JC getting his scars. The CGI T800 was clunky, but a nice throw back to the original movie.

With Genisys I liked the idea of the aging machine. I liked the rehash of the scene from the original movie with the three thugs and nothing clean line. I hated the JC terminator, as well as all the time travel. I did like how they worked in the alternate universes. I would have liked to see where they were going with the Dr Who Terminator.  

I loved the idea of a female Terminator, and I liked the ending of the 3rd movie. The story wasn't ruined for me by the movie itself, but rather the actor that played JC. I have hated the JC character in ever single Terminator that had him, except the Christian Bale version.

I hated the kid in T2 and never really felt he was a good fit for the character. I wasn't offended when the T2 version was shotgunned in the last movie.

The only movie franchises where I felt truly ripped off, was the newest Robocop, Ghost Busters, and the last two quasi Alien movies based on the Prometheus bullshit.
View Quote

Prometheus had very good mythology to it. Damon Lindelof just fucked up the story line.

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:06:58 AM EDT
[#31]
Claire Danes might not be considered a vixen by any means but damn.. she can act her tits off!
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:07:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Claire Danes might not be considered a vixen by any means but damn.. she can act her tits off!
View Quote

I always thought she was cute.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:09:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know how I know you have never seen Indiana Jones and the Crystal Skull?
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:20:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Anyone know who the blonde with big tits Is in, the background, when Arnold’s walking out of the bar in T3?
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:21:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

It wasn't THAT bad. Shia LaBeouf needed to fuck off, but that was really about it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:33:25 AM EDT
[#36]
I liked the "World" of 'Terminator Salvation' from the opening with the Attack on the Skynet Research Bunker to the Oopsie on the Sub w/ the signal ...

Thought the ending was weak, with the "Marcus was in the end an alright guy who stood by his friends & who went out "Nobel" to save JC...

Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:44:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I liked the "World" of 'Terminator Salvation' from the opening with the Attack on the Skynet Research Bunker to the Oopsie on the Sub w/ the signal ...

Thought the ending was weak, with the "Marcus was in the end an alright guy who stood by his friends & who went out "Nobel" to save JC...

View Quote

Yeah it was weak as fuck. Marcus would have made an awesome character for a later sequel. Instead of the feel-good shit, Salvation should have been a Band of Brothers kind of miniseries on HBO. And forget all the philosophical messages, just get on with the future war against the machines. It's what everyone had been itching for.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:53:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've seen it, and it was bad. I liked the first couple movies, but not enough to buy them for my library.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 10:33:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yeah it was weak as fuck. Marcus would have made an awesome character for a later sequel. Instead of the feel-good shit, Salvation should have been a Band of Brothers kind of miniseries on HBO. And forget all the philosophical messages, just get on with the future war against the machines. It's what everyone had been itching for.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 11:43:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really enjoyed Sam Worthington's redemption story in Salvation.

Having Conner have to have open heart surgery in a tent to get rid of the character was pretty stupid on several levels, IMO.

Wasn't a real fan of Bale's "Batconner", either.

Like was mentioned before, it was a different sort of approach.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:16:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Having Conner have to have open heart surgery in a tent to get rid of the character was pretty stupid on several levels, IMO.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

the first half of the movie was pretty good. Then they went full techno...
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:30:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw that scene, and it killed the ending for me.  They should have just blown up Skynet and faded to black.  That scene left me with the thought, "Well, so much for blood/organ matching, bypass, prophylaxis, and immunosuppression to prevent organ rejection."  The wife's response to, "He can have my heart," should have been, "That's a nice gesture dear, but that's not how it works."  Also didn't like Christian Bale's Batconner either.  Every line had me feeling like he was about to say, "I'm Batman."
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:31:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah the surgery was stupid, however the rest of the movie was "future war" as previewed in T1
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 12:36:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The ending of Terminator 3 is brilliant and elevates the rest of the movie.
View Quote

Agree.

I'll go to my grave arguing that Terminator 3 and Alien 3 are both reasonably good movies which suffer greatly by being the third installments in trilogies whose first two installments were masterpieces.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can agree to differ - I thought that movie blew goats.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 4:35:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Yeah the surgery was stupid, however the rest of the movie was "future war" as previewed in T1
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I recall, the original plan was they were gonna have Conner die at the end and they transplant his face onto Worthington's character. Would have certainly made for a much more interesting ending.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:24:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

If I recall, the original plan was they were gonna have Conner die at the end and they transplant his face onto Worthington's character. Would have certainly made for a much more interesting ending.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This would have been a better ending.
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:27:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agree - I really dug them. And I am not the biggest western fan!
Link Posted: 9/18/2020 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

It wasn't THAT bad. Shia LaBeouf needed to fuck off, but that was really about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They had to unf*ck the third act. It was neat ‘til the alienses showed up.

The rest was fun Indiana Jones action. Shia was not the problem for me actually.
Page / 3
Top Top