Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 1/26/2021 7:02:34 AM EDT
Gramps gets pissed over some ducks, murders hunters in neighboring duck blind.

Attachment Attached File

https://www.facebook.com/214860218541439/posts/4363726076988145/?d=n

BREAKING: TBI Special Agents are asking for help in locating a person of interest in a double homicide investigation in Obion County.  David Vowell, 70, of Martin is considered armed and dangerous. If you have seen him or know where he may be located call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The deceased individuals in this incident, which occurred on Reelfoot Lake in Obion County this morning, have been identified as Chance Black (DOB: 5/2/94) and Zachery Grooms (DOB: 5/5/95), both of Weakley County.

If you were on or near the north end of Reelfoot Lake this morning and heard or saw anything that might help Agents in this investigation, call 1-800-TBI-FIND.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn. Fuck that guy.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:07:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Damn. Fuck that guy.
View Quote

No kidding. Local business owner with no criminal record and he murders two young men because he thought they were shooting “his” ducks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:09:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Reelfoot Lake is a neat story of its own.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:09:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Holy shit its Mitch McConnell
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:13:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Impossible to Fudd harder than that.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Millenial's vs Boomer
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Millenial's vs Boomer
View Quote

Duck around and find out!

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:17:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Millenial's vs Boomer
View Quote

Bet he can shuffle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I was going to say James Cromwell.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:21:10 AM EDT
[#10]
damn
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:21:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Not purple enough.

McConnell would have stabbed them in the back.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:21:40 AM EDT
[#12]
There is certainly a lot more to this story.  I have a son about the age of these boys.  I would find that motherfucker myself
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:25:38 AM EDT
[#13]
He is literally the fudd meme guy.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:34:07 AM EDT
[#14]
I hunt a little (not very successfully LOL). I didn't start hunting until I was in my 30s. One of the things that turned my off of it for a long time was how otherwise normal, level-headed, upstanding members of society would turn into irrational raging assholes once their preferred hunting season started.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:42:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He is literally the fudd meme guy.

View Quote

Final FUDD boss you fight at the end of Duck Hunt 2021...and lose....

All seriousness, that is really messed up
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:47:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Not purple enough.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not purple enough.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:49:14 AM EDT
[#17]
It says a lot when authorities are able to publish an old mugshot of the POS they are looking for today
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Reelfoot Lake is a neat story of its own.
View Quote

True. Excellent duck hunting as well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It says a lot when authorities are able to publish an old mugshot of the POS they are looking for today
View Quote

That's a driver's license photo
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:52:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That's a driver's license photo
View Quote

Thanks I stand corrected!
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Hunting is serious business down here. Not Wisconsin level poacher kills half a dozen people serious but, you know. Serious.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:00:15 AM EDT
[#23]
That old fuck head better not wonder over to my pond.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:23:15 AM EDT
[#24]
They'll probably end up finding out gramps has some undiagnosed dementia, if he doesn't off himself, first.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:24:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Killed two kids, one if which I knew. Chance worked at final fight outfitters in union city, a large locally owned hunting and shooting store. Nice kid, quiet but could be funny as hell.

David Vowell had hunting partners who stopped hunting with him because he'd gone off the deep end years ago.  He's a POS and I hope he dies a painful death.

Reelfoot Lake, as another poster mentioned, has a colorful history. From the Nightriders to current day shenanigans, it's an interesting history. Duck blinds are seen as private property by some folks, even though their use is subject to a lottery draw by the TWRA.  It isn't odd to have your decoys sunk/stolen, somebody pepper your blind with bird shot, shoot your boat, or shoot you because you're hunting in "their" blind.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:26:33 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s his driver license photo.  

ETA:  Beat by a country mile. Y’all are too quick for me.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Killed two kids, one if which I knew. Chance worked at final fight outfitters in union city, a large locally owned hunting and shooting store. Nice kid, quiet but could be funny as hell.

David Vowell had hunting partners who stopped hunting with him because he'd gone off the deep end years ago.  He's a POS and I hope he dies a painful death.

Reelfoot Lake, as another poster mentioned, has a colorful history. From the Nightriders to current day shenanigans, it's an interesting history. Duck blinds are seen as private property by some folks, even though their use is subject to a lottery draw by the TWRA.  It isn't odd to have your decoys sunk/stolen, somebody pepper your blind with bird shot, shoot your boat, or shoot you because you're hunting in "their" blind.
View Quote

So its like duck hunting and the purge combined. Where do I sign up
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Several years ago a guy was boating to his blind, some methbilly local shot him with a rifle from a deerstand. Killed him.

The duck hunting is phenomenal in that area.  How much armor you got?  Would a boat made of ar500 float?

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:35:27 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
They'll probably end up finding out gramps has some undiagnosed dementia, if he doesn't off himself, first.
View Quote

That's very possible if he doesn't have an arrest record. My father got where he didn't care what he said or did when his started.

Its like the "I better not say that" filter stops working.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:37:20 AM EDT
[#30]
If you made the hull deep enough it would float. The only way I'm going is if somebody provides the quad m2s and ammo.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:49:29 AM EDT
[#31]

Good friend of mine is originally from that exact area...and just moved back there after retiring.   I’ll reach out to him and see if he has any details.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:50:41 AM EDT
[#32]
I don't know about this one. GD has consistently told me over the years that elderly people aren't a threat.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:56:22 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Good friend of mine is originally from that exact area...and just moved back there after retiring.   I’ll reach out to him and see if he has any details.
View Quote

Word is that Vowell was waiting in the blind for them. Shot them as they entered.

I've heard that the deceased had a third guy with them who managed to drag them into a boat and get them to shore.  Vowell took off in a Dodge truck.  Lots of stories floating around...its a rural area after all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:59:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Damn. Fuck that guy.
View Quote

Yup. Fuck that guy. Fucking despicable.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#35]
One of the facebook comments says there was a 3rd kid in the duck blind with them. Wonder if there is any truth to that
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
One of the facebook comments says there was a 3rd kid in the duck blind with them. Wonder if there is any truth to that
View Quote

That's what I'm hearing.

He managed to knock vowell out, dragged the two others into a boat and got them to shore. Vowell got in a boat and jumped into a black dodge ram pickup.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#37]
My Dad just died this spring, but he lived just down the road from Reelfoot Lake for 40 years. It is the most redneck methbilly place on earth.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:08:43 AM EDT
[#38]
Wow, around here the wealthy waterfront property owners just buy off the town board and ban waterfowl hunting.  

Murdered over a hunting spot, that's just horrible.  May the victims RIP and the perp get brought to justice.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:15:56 AM EDT
[#39]
Duck hunters are serious about that shit.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#40]
What a piece of shit, I hope he resists and is shot by the police.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:21:47 AM EDT
[#41]

Perp literally looks like this meme
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
My Dad just died this spring, but he lived just down the road from Reelfoot Lake for 40 years. It is the most redneck methbilly place on earth.
View Quote

For the last 20 years or so its been in the top 5 poorest TN counties.

Reelfoot Lake is a huge draw for duck hunting, but that's all they got.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:29:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wow.  What kind of behaviors was the old man exhibiting that chased off his old hunting partners?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:33:43 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Several years ago a guy was boating to his blind, some methbilly local shot him with a rifle from a deerstand. Killed him.

The duck hunting is phenomenal in that area.  How much armor you got?  Would a boat made of ar500 float?

View Quote

Damn! Are you allowed to take some centerfire rifle protection while out there in the boat? I know i would.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:37:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry for the loss of your friend. It's hard to get a good picture of the situation based on the Facebook posts. Everyone that knew Vowell seemed to think this was competent out of character, pillar of the community and all.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#46]
muh land
muh animals

fucking fudds

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:42:10 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Mugshot?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:45:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Gramps gets pissed over some ducks, murders hunters in neighboring duck blind.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34777/791F716F-73BA-4711-BAAD-4F127B40CDF8_jpe-1797273.JPG

https://www.facebook.com/214860218541439/posts/4363726076988145/?d=n

BREAKING: TBI Special Agents are asking for help in locating a person of interest in a double homicide investigation in Obion County.  David Vowell, 70, of Martin is considered armed and dangerous. If you have seen him or know where he may be located call 1-800-TBI-FIND.

The deceased individuals in this incident, which occurred on Reelfoot Lake in Obion County this morning, have been identified as Chance Black (DOB: 5/2/94) and Zachery Grooms (DOB: 5/5/95), both of Weakley County.

If you were on or near the north end of Reelfoot Lake this morning and heard or saw anything that might help Agents in this investigation, call 1-800-TBI-FIND.
View Quote

Looks like Turtle McConnell....................
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:46:10 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I don't know about this one. GD has consistently told me over the years that elderly people aren't a threat.
View Quote
Have you seen Thorazines cooking threads?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top