Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2019 10:40:09 PM EDT
Firstly thanks for any information.

I admit that I have no idea outside of just spending an hour on google/youtube, the slang of all this.

What is the general settings/mode that I need to set this to? This is for my SO, and she wants more vapor and not such a burning sensation when hitting it.
Right now it is at 250 degrees on TI mode?
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:53:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Yarael] [#1]
I tried the TC modes and really couldn't get into them. Right now I am using a RDA/Squank with a .5ohm coil at 50w and plenty of vapor. It is a single coil not a dual coil. Been using this setup for almost a year. I got tired of buying expensive fucking coils thus the Squank is the best of both worlds. Has a bottle instead of tank and RDA on top. Quick easy coil/cotton change. This coil has been in it almost two months. Changed out cotton a lot and still going strong.

ETA: Bump the TC up from 250 to maybe 325-350. Remember TC it to help you keep from scorching the cotton yet still has to have juice on it to avoid that.
Link Posted: 4/12/2019 10:58:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Yarael:
I tried the TC modes and really couldn't get into them. Right now I am using a RDA/Squank with a .5ohm coil at 50w and plenty of vapor. It is a single coil not a dual coil. Been using this setup for almost a year. I got tired of buying expensive fucking coils thus the Squank is the best of both worlds. Has a bottle instead of tank and RDA on top. Quick easy coil/cotton change. This coil has been in it almost two months. Changed out cotton a lot and still going strong.

ETA: Bump the TC up from 250 to maybe 325-350. Remember TC it to help you keep from scorching the cotton yet still has to have juice on it to avoid that.
View Quote
Does the TC = temperature control? Do Ii adjust the ohms to .5?
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes TC is Temp Control. If in TC mode you adjust it via the temp.
Link Posted: 4/13/2019 12:23:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Thank you
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 1:24:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Are you using the NRG tank that came with it? None of those coils are temp control and even if they were they would most likely be SS (stainless steel) not TI (Titanium). TI isn't a common coil anymore.

If they are the GT coils they're most likely running on straight wattage in temp mode since the device can't get a correct reading. Switch to wattage mode and check the wattage written on the coil. If she's using the 0.18 ohm mesh coil that came with the device the range is 50-85W and best between 65-80W. Start at 50 and work up till she finds something she likes.
Link Posted: 4/14/2019 2:55:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By davisac:
Are you using the NRG tank that came with it? None of those coils are temp control and even if they were they would most likely be SS (stainless steel) not TI (Titanium). TI isn't a common coil anymore.

If they are the GT coils they're most likely running on straight wattage in temp mode since the device can't get a correct reading. Switch to wattage mode and check the wattage written on the coil. If she's using the 0.18 ohm mesh coil that came with the device the range is 50-85W and best between 65-80W. Start at 50 and work up till she finds something she likes.
View Quote
It is the tank that came with it, and thank you. I am within that range now, and no complaints so far.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top