BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:21:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That’s the kind of thinking that will make sure you are never a sister wife in the RLDS Church.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don’t know anything about Mexico City, but I’m guessing, based on the name, it’s in Mexico.

EOS.

That’s the kind of thinking that will make sure you are never a sister wife in the RLDS Church.

I don’t get the connection between MC and the RLDS Church, but If I’m ever a sister wife it’s going to be with my ex-husband’s wife in the Church Of The Why Don’t You Pull Your Head Out Of Your Ass And Get A Fucking Grip On Reality.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Pretty much every city of more than a million people is 50% shithole.

I'd rather go to MC than Newark.
View Quote

Truer words have never been spoken. I haven't been to Newark in a long time but I am pretty sure I have PTSD from the last time. If you look up "shithole" in the dictionary it says "See: Newark"
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I have been a few times and would absolutely go back.  

It is inexpensive, there is a lot to see, and plenty of amazing food.

The main downsides are poor areas and as mentioned, the traffic is next level terrible.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
No Coke, Pepsi

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I will plan accordingly
View Quote

After watching Taco Chronicles on Netflix I have a need to go to Mexico City and eat tacos.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#7]
My wife has family there and we've been a bunch of times.  We usually stay at the JW Marriott in Polanco across from Chapultepec park.  The staff there is super helpful.  One trip we were all sick as a dog due to a stomach aliment that we brought with us from the states.  They took us to the children's hospital for my son and brought a Doc in the to hotel for us.  Polanco is one of the best neighborhoods in DF.  Don't hail a taxi on the street since express kidnaping is popular.  Take only a radio or tourist taxi that you called or was called for you by your hotel or restaurant. Uber and Cabify (app based like Uber) are safe as well.  Be careful where you use an ATM and make sure no one is watching you.  

Don't drive there unless you are used to driving in crazy cities.
Mexico has has some of the worst drivers in the world and is super confusing to navigate.  I've gotten lost there many times.  Pre ipad we used that map book that is the size of a telephone book then a Garmin nuvi. All these maps gets confused because of the roads that run parallel or on top of other roads.  Also the streets have multiple long names and the highway exit signs may not have the name you are looking for.  Traffic control devices are often ignored and navigating the giant traffic circles are not for the weak of heart. The Glorieta's are two way as opposed to US traffic circle that are one way.  If you do drive here's a hint.  Highways signs may say OTE. and PTE.  OTE is east and PTE is west.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 4:54:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don’t get the connection between MC and the RLDS Church, but If I’m ever a sister wife it’s going to be with my ex-husband’s wife in the Church Of The Why Don’t You Pull Your Head Out Of Your Ass And Get A Fucking Grip On Reality.
View Quote

Because the RLDS Church  stronghold is in Colorado City…
…Arizona.

Gotta be flexible in your geographical assumptions to make it there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:04:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Went several times on biz- zero desire to go back.

Sure, Polanco is nice but it’s not worth the rest of the experience.

I would go to Port au Prince before DF.

Guadalajara is a different story.

Link Posted: 7/31/2021 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Imagine - Anniston, Ala in the early 1980's.

The exact opposite of that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My wife has family there and we've been a bunch of times.  We usually stay at the JW Marriott in Polanco across from Chapultepec park.  The staff there is super helpful.  One trip we were all sick as a dog due to a stomach aliment that we brought with us from the states.  They took us to the children's hospital for my son and brought a Doc in the to hotel for us.  Polanco is one of the best neighborhoods in DF.  Don't hail a taxi on the street since express kidnaping is popular.  Take only a radio or tourist taxi that you called or was called for you by your hotel or restaurant. Uber and Cabify (app based like Uber) are safe as well.  Be careful where you use an ATM and make sure no one is watching you.  

Don't drive there unless you are used to driving in crazy cities.
Mexico has has some of the worst drivers in the world and is super confusing to navigate.  I've gotten lost there many times.  Pre ipad we used that map book that is the size of a telephone book then a Garmin nuvi. All these maps gets confused because of the roads that run parallel or on top of other roads.  Also the streets have multiple long names and the highway exit signs may not have the name you are looking for.  Traffic control devices are often ignored and navigating the giant traffic circles are not for the weak of heart. The Glorieta's are two way as opposed to US traffic circle that are one way.  If you do drive here's a hint.  Highways signs may say OTE. and PTE.  OTE is east and PTE is west.
View Quote

Thank you so much

I won’t drive
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:13:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Imagine - Anniston, Ala in the early 1980's.

The exact opposite of that.
View Quote

OK
How do you that I would know Anniston, Alabama in the 1980s ?

Because I do know it
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:16:01 PM EDT
[#13]
There are many places in Mexico I like better but that has more to do with my preference for rural over urban.  I have enjoyed my time in Mexico City and never felt unsafe while there.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:25:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Based on info provided

Narrowed down to

Stay in El Gran Hotel to be close to Zocalo
Or
Stay in maybe in Polanco  JE Marriott

Will update OP
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Do you even Man on Fire, bro?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 10:39:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Do you even Man on Fire, bro?
View Quote

I’ll hire Denzel
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Alguien te matara'.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:10:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Alguien te matara'.
View Quote

Es posible
¿Probable?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

OK

Because I do know it
View Quote
I have a near photographic memory, and recall a thread where you mentioned Pizza Inn - Anniston, ALA ... etc.

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 1:44:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Also don't forget that mexican plumbing is not up to US standards and TP gets put in the garbage pail next to the toilet, not flushed.  I managed to clog multiple toilets in MX .
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:19:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have a near photographic memory, and recall a thread where you mentioned Pizza Inn - Anniston, ALA ... etc.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

OK

Because I do know it

Ahhh.  Yes

We just had anniversary.

Night before I took her to Pizza Inn here in Dallas
The one in Bama is long since torn down

Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:19:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Also don't forget that mexican plumbing is not up to US standards and TP gets put in the garbage pail next to the toilet, not flushed.  I managed to clog multiple toilets in MX .
View Quote

I lived in the Dom Rep for awhile as a kid
It was the same
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 2:52:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Based on info provided

Narrowed down to

Or

Will update OP
View Quote

Neat.
Buena suerte.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Neat.
Buena suerte.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Based on info provided

Narrowed down to

Or

Will update OP

Neat.
Buena suerte.

My wife cannot handle any spicy food. So, I’ve told her (truthfully) that there are plenty of Italian, French and Sushi restaurants
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 4:41:56 PM EDT
[#25]
While I am tempted to go there someday - as it has some unique historical attractions, my humble understanding it is like Chicago, but bigger, more pollution, with less good and a lot more bad areas.  I could say it is a lot like NYC, but as much as I have no desire to go to NYC - I suspect Chicago is a better comparison.
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
While I am tempted to go there someday - as it has some unique historical attractions, my humble understanding it is like Chicago, but bigger, more pollution, with less good and a lot more bad areas.  I could say it is a lot like NYC, but as much as I have no desire to go to NYC - I suspect Chicago is a better comparison.
View Quote

I don’t plan on getting adventurous
Stay right in the ritzy area
Museums, Cathedrals and restaurants
Hotel
Repeat
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top