Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2018 7:47:44 PM EDT
As the title says, is there any worry of internally damaging a watch when you are shooting?
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 7:50:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
As the title says, is there any worry of internally damaging a watch when you are shooting?
View Quote
What watch?
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Dont put the watch in front of the muzzle it will be fine.
Seriously how much recoil are we talking?  I've had watches on while shooting .375 H&H and 458 win mag and 45-70 pistol - no issues but timex is tough.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:00:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I wear my Seiko divers regularly while shooting, never been a problem.
Link Posted: 10/6/2018 8:08:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Never had an issue with any watch while shooting.
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 1:44:50 PM EDT
[#5]
About a dozen threads down is a recent thread on this.

I don’t worry about it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Automatic-movements-and-shooting-/178-2138781/
Link Posted: 10/7/2018 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#6]
My usual wear is a Tag Formula 1, not the most expensive by far, but up there for me. Copy all on not worrying about it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 8:06:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don’t worry about it.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Automatic-movements-and-shooting-/178-2138781/
View Quote
I think I remember seeing somebody on this forum posting that they killed their watch shooting with it on. They might’ve had a SCAR 17 or something like that from what I recall but I am not sure.

/I don’t believe it .jpg

I, myself, have never taken a watch off in 35 years of shooting and I’ve never had a problem. I haven’t worn a quartz watch and 35 years. I say leave it on.
Link Posted: 10/8/2018 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#8]
I switched it up the other day and left my watch ON while shooting. Did NOT like how it moved around/smacked me under recoil. And no, I don't wear it loose. I'll try it on my other wrist before going back to leaving it off. There's really no downside to leaving it off.
Link Posted: 10/18/2018 1:52:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I take my Speedmaster off and put it in my eyepro case when shooting.

I'm sure it'd be fine but don't want to risk it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2018 10:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I take my Speedmaster off and put it in my eyepro case when shooting.

I'm sure it'd be fine but don't want to risk it.
View Quote
I've been wearing my Speedy while shooting for over a year with no ill effects. I figure it was good enough for NASA so it'll be good enough for whatever I will do to it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2018 9:27:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I shoot thousands of rounds per month, 50% of them full-auto and I always wear a watch, usually an automatic. The only watch I've ever had an issue with was a Marathon Quartz Navigator. I think the battery must've been losing contact as it would lose several seconds every string of fire.
Link Posted: 10/29/2018 8:06:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think I remember seeing somebody on this forum posting that they killed their watch shooting with it on. They might’ve had a SCAR 17 or something like that from what I recall but I am not sure.

/I don’t believe it .jpg

I, myself, have never taken a watch off in 35 years of shooting and I’ve never had a problem. I haven’t worn a quartz watch and 35 years. I say leave it on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t worry about it.

/I don’t believe it .jpg

Not counting 1911 and M16 I spent two years and tens of thousands of rounds through an M60 and my Seiko 6309 did not notice.
Link Posted: 11/8/2018 1:32:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Never had an issue with any watch while shooting.
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 9:01:25 PM EDT
[#14]
i only take off my pants when shooting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top