BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:17:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I grew up in Tacoma.... always been a bit of a shithole... believe it's been the crime capitol of the state for quite some time... I don't go down there much since my parents passed, go see an aunt once in a while on the holidays..

big motorsports town....Tacoma..

View Quote

K street was a hoot back in the 80's.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
This is why my parents always told me to not play in the street.

Speed bumps, probably some went 'crunch'.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:21:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
were they protesting or street racing?
View Quote
Street racing. It's a known group(which also commits a lot of drive bys) that terrorizes the general area and tries to mob intersections/parking lots in such numbers that police are overwhelmed. This isn't the first time they have attacked police cars(including Tacoma PD cars) and I would be 100% not shocked at all to learn later on in the investigation that a gun or other weapon was displayed at the officer by the group mobbing his car just prior to their impromptu physics lesson.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:23:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks, I couldn't tell WTF was up. That makes it mo bettuh.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#5]
They should put cow catchers on the front of cruisers.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:27:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Does it matter there Lefty?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:28:40 AM EDT
[#7]
So, they are pounding on the vehicle and pushing it backwards, overcoming the idle / low power engine torque.  And then ... oh, well.

They chose to fuck around with a 5000 pound vehicle.  They chose to put the officer in that position.  They earned the consequences of fucking with someone who probably never drove a manual transmission, and didn't think to double foot the controls.  Oh, fucking well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:33:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I grew up in Tacoma.... always been a bit of a shithole... believe it's been the crime capitol of the state for quite some time... I don't go down there much since my parents passed, go see an aunt once in a while on the holidays..

big motorsports town....Tacoma..

fuckin A... we used to drive down there for kicks at night in my friends blazer just to wonder at all the crack dealers swarming at every stoplight/intersection.. people have no idea what shit was like in the open drug bizarre days of the 80's crack epidemic..
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:33:34 AM EDT
[#9]
I guess the RULES have changed under Biden?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:35:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Video quality must be 2.5 mega pixels.

Speed bumps
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:36:28 AM EDT
[#11]
That was a whole lotta fucking around and finding out
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:37:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

fuckin A... we used to drive down there for kicks at night in my friends blazer just to wonder at all the crack dealers swarming at every stoplight/intersection.. people have no idea what shit was like in the open drug bizarre days of the 80's crack epidemic..
View Quote

Drive to 3/Yesler in Seattle if you want to relive your youth. You wait 10 minutes and you can snap a photo of 30 crack dealers making hand to hands in front of the county courthouse while an SPD cruiser sits at a red light 10 feet away from them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:38:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Neither, looked like a side-show
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:42:50 AM EDT
[#14]
Conservatives are out rioting again? We need to get this under control and deprogram them.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:02:16 AM EDT
[#15]
I would never stand in front of a vehicle period. If you're a dumbass you deserve it.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:02:24 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, if street racing no reason to back up several times.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 3:46:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I've had that happen when the "Fresh Donut" light comes on.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:03:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Dude T town is a rough place.... everyone knows that... In you live in Wa you know about Tacoma..... or it's aroma... and it's hookers on every corner... (well not quite.... but almost). I would NOT fuck with Tacoma cops.... lol when there's been bad riots in my town, they normally call in some Tacoma cops to put it down..... Met more than a few, I can totally see some of the guys I have met setting in that cruiser and saying "F this" and hitting the gas. lol Oh I got a call... got to GO......
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 4:57:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hope they at least bashed his windows in.
View Quote

Its nice when posters make it easy to figure out who to ignore.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:02:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Good
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:08:54 AM EDT
[#21]

I should visit some old friends that may or may not have been there.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:12:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

In the incident you quoted the state patrol had shut down freeway access due to a large preplanned demonstration and the driver that ran over the protestors intentionally entered the freeway via an off ramp and proceeded the wrong way down the already closed off freeway, bypassing multiple traffic control barricades.

FYI in WA it is easier to charge police in self defense killings than it is to charge private citizens, your self defense claim just has to be reasonable. Driving the wrong way onto an exit ramp to access a closed freeway and running down pedestrians isn't reasonable, even if they shouldn't have been there in the first place... you'd still catch a vehicular assault/homicide charge for that if the freeway were in normal operation and you head on'ed with an innocent driver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Charge the driver with attempted murder.

Driver Charged Likewise

The reality is, if you play in the street and try and assault drivers, the morotist should be able to escape of defend themselves.  Now we are moving towards an environment where the police can defend themselves.... sometimes, but you as a citizen can't at all, like Rittenhouse.  We are alowing this.

In the incident you quoted the state patrol had shut down freeway access due to a large preplanned demonstration and the driver that ran over the protestors intentionally entered the freeway via an off ramp and proceeded the wrong way down the already closed off freeway, bypassing multiple traffic control barricades.

FYI in WA it is easier to charge police in self defense killings than it is to charge private citizens, your self defense claim just has to be reasonable. Driving the wrong way onto an exit ramp to access a closed freeway and running down pedestrians isn't reasonable, even if they shouldn't have been there in the first place... you'd still catch a vehicular assault/homicide charge for that if the freeway were in normal operation and you head on'ed with an innocent driver.

The part highlighted in red is the real problem. Nobody should be pandering to the douchetards that feel that it is their right to block traffic.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:40:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Good, attack the police, get the bumper.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 5:45:03 AM EDT
[#24]
I fought the law and the law won!!!  I am tired!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:02:35 AM EDT
[#25]
This could go both ways; more context is needed. There's other videos on Twitter from the scene but they don't capture important things neither besides cars doing donuts and people crowding in the street.

Cop is fucked if he was only there to go after those cars doing donuts, and was not in any threat of harm from those people.

Cop will be ok if he was responding to a more serious emergency than cars doing donuts and the crowd was trying to prevent him from doing so, or if the crowd started to threaten the cop somehow besides just standing around and cheering.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 6:15:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
This is why my parents always told me to not play in the street.

Speed bumps, probably some went 'crunch'.
View Quote

Gives new meaning to the expression "rolled by the cops"
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Charge the driver with attempted murder.

Driver Charged Likewise

The reality is, if you play in the street and try and assault drivers, the morotist should be able to escape of defend themselves.  Now we are moving towards an environment where the police can defend themselves.... sometimes, but you as a citizen can't at all, like Rittenhouse.  We are alowing this.
View Quote

So your solution rather than to drop charges against the citizen driver is to charge the cop?

Brilliant. Can’t imagine why America is going to hell.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:26:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Maybe the police saw a dog, and they wanted to try something new instead of just shooting it
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:31:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope they did too, however, I say that because it'll give the defense for the cop much more ammo for court when his defense team claims that his life was in jeopardy due to the actions of the mob.

Great ad for SlimFast.............
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:36:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:41:23 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

FYI in WA it is easier to charge police in self defense killings than it is to charge private citizens, your self defense claim just has to be reasonable.
View Quote

Used to be in WA you couldn’t really charge the police with manslaughter, because they didn’t have to be reasonable. You just had to prove they weren’t acting in good faith. Easy!
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 7:45:54 AM EDT
[#32]
People with names and addresses....
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Tacoma Police Department Run Over Side Show Bystanders
View Quote

Or, a more accurate statement would be, "Cop flees armed mob attaching patrol vehicle, minor injuries within mob".
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:59:07 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your username reflects you pretty well.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 8:59:32 AM EDT
[#35]
And the Washington Post Headline is a police car drove into a crowd at a street race. It reminds me of the Rittenhouse headlines saying he fired into a crowd.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

If they did, he should have started shooting the commie bastards.  
Which would have been justified and even more stupid on their part.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:15:20 AM EDT
[#37]
I hope the cop is ok.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:17:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Love TPD, fun bunch of folks ...i sold them a few hundred AR15 to replace their mini 14s, they still have some Thompsons in their armory.

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:18:33 AM EDT
[#39]
“I felt threatened because someone had a Molotov cocktail.”  

Not guilty.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:19:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Sort of like a toddler, I thought 'do it again!'

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:20:17 AM EDT
[#41]
People don’t think officer safety be like it is, but it do.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:21:56 AM EDT
[#42]
LOL, at the surprised responses.  As if this very same thing has not happened over and over and over.  On camera no less.

"Oh my God, oh my God, holy shit" cries the soulless communist in horror.

Oh my God indeed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
LOL, at the surprised responses.  As if this very same thing has not happened over and over and over.  On camera no less.

"Oh my God, oh my God, holy shit" cries the soulless communist in horror.

Oh my God indeed.
View Quote

Keep in mind this generation is the same one that started the eating tide pods trend way back in 2013. It should come as no surprise that 8 years later they are not smart enough to get out of the path of a moving vehicle much less their ability to understand the consequences if someone doesn’t move.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:34:03 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:44:15 AM EDT
[#45]
What is our President doing about this!!!

I am outraged that he sits at the Whitehouse and does nothing!!!!!!

Link Posted: 1/24/2021 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#46]
Nicely done. Good smash.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:36:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

The part highlighted in red is the real problem. Nobody should be pandering to the douchetards that feel that it is their right to block traffic.
View Quote

The washington state patrol changed policy after this incident. They now will not allow freeways to be taken over. Mass arrests if they try.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
This could go both ways; more context is needed. There's other videos on Twitter from the scene but they don't capture important things neither besides cars doing donuts and people crowding in the street.

Cop is fucked if he was only there to go after those cars doing donuts, and was not in any threat of harm from those people.

Cop will be ok if he was responding to a more serious emergency than cars doing donuts and the crowd was trying to prevent him from doing so, or if the crowd started to threaten the cop somehow besides just standing around and cheering.
View Quote

It doesn't matter why the officer showed up. The officer had a legitimate fear when mobbed.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It doesn't matter why the officer showed up. The officer had a legitimate fear when mobbed.
View Quote

I think what he did was justified, but “legitimate fear” is not a justification for violence.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 2:50:08 PM EDT
[#50]
It's the little things that just make me all warm and fuzzy inside
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top