Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2021 10:40:41 PM EDT
Have all tables saws skyrocketed in price like everything else from covid?  I've been looking at the Grizzley G0771Z and they seem to be up to $1500 when pre scamdemic they are $900ish.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 8:45:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, just like pretty much everything else... but products with a lot of steel in them have been hit particularly hard.  You're actually lucky if they have one in stock; I was looking around a month or two ago and almost every saw was out of stock.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Used table saws are pretty cheap.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought my General 350 around 1991 or 92.   I think I paid $900 for it, from a small block ad in Fine Woodworking magazine.   I think I sent  them a check.   Came with a Paralock fence.  Which I think is a pretty decent system, but long out of business.
It’s a very nice heavy duty cabinet saw.  But was designed and built before dust collection (or even control) was even much of a thought in anyone’s mind

I couldn’t imagine buying a new one now.  
So expensive.   I’d also say look for old ones in places like FB marketplace, Craigslist (if that’s still a thing), auction zip.
Link Posted: 9/9/2021 10:08:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Used table saws are pretty cheap.
View Quote
Every used table saw I've seen on marketplace is in rough shape except for the unisaws and I don't have space for a full cabinet saw.  If you think a saw is hard to find try looking for a jointer.
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 6:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Go used until your saw pays for itself.. older is better.. I have a 80s grizzly cabinet saw that I got for dirt cheap, new bearings, belts, fence and refinished the top.. I have maybe 500 into it, and that thing is a beast..
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 6:12:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Might be worth considering if a track saw could suit your needs. For me, it's about space but, I'm giving serious consideration to the Kreg ACS for my big cutting. It's easy to store on a wall so it doesn't eat up floor space. Pretty cheap money.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Grizzly has sent out multiple emails explaining price increase and they make sense.

Raw material costs are up 25-50 percent. Freight to get the tires o the us is up 400 percent  ect.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 8:56:44 AM EDT
[#8]
I purchased a ridgid cabinet style table saw back in 2018 for $450. Walked by it the other day at the store now its $752.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 6:48:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Delta and Ridgid are there cheapest "hybrid" saws you are gonna get now short of the jobsite saws.  Been debating about getting a Laguna or just biting the bullet on the 1.75hp Sawstop. Both are a pipe dream right now anyways. My garage is still too full of crap to do any work.
Link Posted: 9/17/2021 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Every used table saw I've seen on marketplace is in rough shape except for the unisaws and I don't have space for a full cabinet saw.  If you think a saw is hard to find try looking for a jointer.
View Quote

It took me 6 months to find a decent 8" jointer!
There are plenty of beat up old 6" ones, but they are of limited use really.
Link Posted: 9/22/2021 10:12:07 PM EDT
[#11]
My dad found a new in box, Craftsman 10" cast iron table saw for $100 about 10 years ago, called me to see if I wanted it....told him hell yeah.  Guy threw in a new spare motor and two new Craftsman dado blades....

This saw is a beast and will last me a long time....I think it was made in 1978 by the serial number

Link Posted: 10/4/2021 1:38:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

A full cabinet hardly takes up more floor space than a larger 'job site' saw.
Nothing beats the top of a Unisaw for flat.

Mine has 70 inch rails on it with a solid hardwood framed and supported extension table.
I also has a 'para-lock' style cable system that keeps the fence perfectly straight over the length of the rails.
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 8:02:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Check out Craigslist and you'll see my ad for a Delta 34-670, 10" saw.
$175.00sold
LA edition.(SFV)
Link Posted: 12/18/2021 9:59:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Delta and Ridgid are there cheapest "hybrid" saws you are gonna get now short of the jobsite saws.  Been debating about getting a Laguna or just biting the bullet on the 1.75hp Sawstop. Both are a pipe dream right now anyways. My garage is still too full of crap to do any work.
View Quote

I have absolutely zero regrets about buying my sawstop PCS. Simply wonderful machine.

The PCS also takes up slightly less floorspace than the contractor saw FWIW.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 7:13:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Isn’t Grizzly imported?  Yea, container shipments went from $2500 to $25,000 per.
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 9:40:58 PM EDT
[#17]
View Quote

That's an incredible price but he will also need a 3 phase converter and 220 outlet
Link Posted: 12/20/2021 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or a planer.  The little cheap lunchbox ones are $400 and up.  Even used prices are nuts.  Just picked up a new-in-box Delta 12" lunchbox at a local pawn shop for $250.  Damn thing was $199 at Lowes 10 years ago.  Isn't the greatest, but it'll do what I want.  Really want an old top motor 15" one, but they are hard to find here.

What kind of cutting do you need a table saw for?  I have a contractor style table saw and a large Delta/Rockwell radial arm saw.  I'm space limited, so the only time I really use the table saw is for sheet goods.  There is very little that RAS can't do, and is perfectly safe provided you aren't an idiot and understand its limitations.  Obviously not as accurate as a good cabinet saw, but perhaps one of those might get you by?
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 3:09:29 PM EDT
[#19]
I have a 22yr old Craftsman, started last year doing some upgrades to it.
New belt and pulleys, plus an upgraded fence, just ordered an upgraded blade guard with splitter.
I might refinish the entire saw next, it's cast pieces, steel and cast iron and they get rust on them really bad.
So, I found a website that they show you how to go about doing this using electrolysis to remove the rust and painting everything.
Link Posted: 12/29/2021 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#20]
I bought my sawstop used.   Found it on fb marketplace.   It was about the 3rd one I saw.  The first 2 sold within an hour.  

Selling my old Jet saw took a few weeks.
Link Posted: 12/30/2021 11:51:24 PM EDT
[#21]
You can buy old powermatic and delta saws (and other good stuff) pretty cheap at local school auctions.

I picked up a nice heavy 6" Rockwell Delta jointer for 150 bucks earlier this year that way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top