Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2021 10:29:11 AM EDT
What percentages are y'all using for the different TSP funds? I'm currently doing 50% C, 50% S.  I have almost 20 years until retirement, so I'm just letting it all ride the market roller coaster. I realize those of you with shorter time frames will have much more conservative fund allocations.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I use an 75% C and 25% S

There is a book called the simple path to wealth and you can find the stock series online TSP info that explains that doing so essentially creates a VTSAX. It is what I do with my TSP and have been doing great for quite some time now.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 5:14:37 PM EDT
[#2]
this video channel is from a young guy, but he makes some good points. I think he is a young AF officer.

Jake Broe

He recommended about an 80/20 mix between the C & S funds, due to the international exposure which is already a part of the C (S&P 500) and S (Russell 2000) companies. In other words, don't go more tech-heavy or international-heavy, when most US companies are already deriving their revenue (in part) from those sources.

The main benefit of TSP is the low fees, even in comparison to Vanguard and other similar funds. So it's not a bad idea to roll over your 401ks to TSP if you have occasion to do so.

Link Posted: 4/12/2021 12:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
If you have facebook follow the tsp group page
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 10:28:27 PM EDT
[#4]
50/50 CS, been that way for over a decade, my balance has been insane every year.  I also max the contribution, and I'm in the Roth.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 12:56:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Put our TSP into cash a couple weeks ago...
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:25:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
50/50 CS, been that way for over a decade, my balance has been insane every year.  I also max the contribution, and I'm in the Roth.
View Quote
Same here, It's nuts ....
Link Posted: 5/12/2021 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I use an 75% C and 25% S

There is a book called the simple path to wealth and you can find the stock series online TSP info that explains that doing so essentially creates a VTSAX. It is what I do with my TSP and have been doing great for quite some time now.
View Quote

This

I followed this advice and hover just north of 20% returns.  My TSP often makes more than my monthly paychecks.
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 2:39:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This

I followed this advice and hover just north of 20% returns.  My TSP often makes more than my monthly paychecks.
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 5/28/2021 5:04:09 AM EDT
[#9]
I’m using all L2090... should fly by. ??
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:50:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Retired now but when I was contributing I stayed between C 60-S 40 and C 40-S 60.
Overall it worked out quite well for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top