Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/9/2024 3:01:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SparticleBrane]
Just checked out the radar...storm is wider than the whole damn state of TN, and goes halfway into NC as of 3AM EDT.

Lightning here in the triad area of NC is nuts so I looked online at a lightning tracker, and it's showing hundreds of strikes/minute for the whole system.

LightningMaps.org
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:04:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Sitting in a bathroom with family
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:06:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Western SC here.  Just had some heavy rain and tons of lightning pass through.  Tornado warning not too far away.  Looks like more behind it.  I'm staying up in case it gets spicy here.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:16:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Friend and his family getting pounded in Franklin
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:19:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn, stay safe guys!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:29:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like another tornado warning for Fairfield, northern Richland, and Kershaw counties.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:39:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SparticleBrane] [#6]
Lightning over the past 2 hours (darkest red is oldest, with a gradient to white as the latest):

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:45:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Lightning like the 4th of July here. Power flickered again.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:51:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Southernman077:
View Quote

I bet. It's crazy watching so many strikes at once on the maps. You guys are getting it worse than us right now.

Current power outages (from PowerOutage.us):
98k in NC
41k in TN
37k in SC
30k in GA

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 3:56:00 AM EDT
[#9]
My lightning detector just keeps beeping.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:05:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#10]
View Quote

The fact all the streamers called it a day is kinda, damn....

I do understand it a bit as what happens now might not be quite as bad as what happens tomorrow during the day and they have to sleep too.  

After you get wacked by a nader you never forget...

Just wondering what weather streamers most watch.  I have who I have watched most and then who I like the best usually.  I don't count all the nader chasers as some are posted on some of the live streams of other channels, and they only have one perspective....though admit they on occasion catch a video of really bad crap going down.

My favorite weather streamer is: N8 snyder, I have watched him and Ryan Hall Y'all and he appears to be more on point with what will happen by himself.  Unless there is tornado overload for one person to view I am not sure I have seen Ryan call a tornado before N8 snyder did.  Very low budget but still has quality content, he usually finds more traffic cameras and other stuff that makes up for the lack of chase vehicles.....and maybe I just like to root for the underdog....

The streamer I have watched the most and has the most extra content like chasers, radio comms and other stuff:  Ryan Hall Y'all, has a good stream and a ton of back up support usually bails out though before all the others at the end of the night though

Since N8snyder has had some computer issues and not a big funded channel I have also gone recently to Max Velocity's channel, nice kid just a bit turned off by something on his channel.  My guess is the adds on the screen as I when he is live streaming this could be used for better coverage.  I guess though it helps him be as active as he can be but just a rub on my part.  If N8 snyder had adds he probably wouldn't have as many computer issues.  Max on occasion has live chase vehicles but not nearly as many as Ryan.

As a note I have two TVs in my main watching space for college fooseball season so usually I am watching more than one stream at a time when I need to be more weather aware.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:11:48 AM EDT
[#11]
35 MPH winds on Lake Wateree. Powers out right now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Thunder woke me up at 3am, been up since. Damn it’s loud…
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:21:32 AM EDT
[#13]
It looks like my drain design is going to have to be upgraded. Earlier today and the storm a week or so ago dumped extreme amounts of water right when they started.

I have a 4” grate drain running across my garage that also has a gutter drain dumping in it.

The gutter drain dumps so much water it filled up and overflowed a section of the drain and poured into the garage.

The last storm filled the gutters so fast water overflowed from the top of the gutters. And this is with 6” gutters.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:30:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By GrayMan66:
Looks like another tornado warning for Fairfield, northern Richland, and Kershaw counties.
View Quote

We’re in Fairfield county. Severe wind, rain, and power loss about an hour ago. It’s calmed down now.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:40:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Cytic:

We’re in Fairfield county. Severe wind, rain, and power loss about an hour ago. It’s calmed down now.
View Quote

Glad you're ok.  Hope power is restored quickly.  

I'm hearing more thunder south and west as another impulse moves in from GA.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:44:13 AM EDT
[#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Cytic:

We’re all good here. The basement was lacking in creature comforts but the kids took it pretty well.

I expect some damage to the chicken tractors and bee yards .
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:47:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Got like 15 minutes of rain and you could barely hear some thunder here in New Bern
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Anderson,SC checking in.  We lost power @1:55am,  tornadic levels of wind, one of our huge oaks has fallen,
crushing my beloved 2006 Outback and knocking down a section of brick wall. Quite a mess.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:10:50 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By sloopmp:

Anderson,SC checking in.  We lost power @1:55am,  tornadic levels of wind, one of our huge oaks has fallen,
crushing my beloved 2006 Outback and knocking down a section of brick wall. Quite a mess.
View Quote

Sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:13:11 AM EDT
[#20]
Let's just say I've been doing an above average amount of praying for peeps living in many different states.
BTW some of the pictures of hail sent in to TWC from the first wave yesterday were amazing.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:23:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Lots of lightning and heavy rain here since about 4 am. Bit of a lull currently but more is on the way supposedly. Everyone stay safe!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:26:48 AM EDT
[#22]

View Quote

Bummer. Hopefully it doesn't get any worse for you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 5:40:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pdm] [#23]
SE TN here, little north of GA and a little west of NC….Nice lightning show and seems to keep coming. Rain is steady but electric hasn't gone out which is good.  Looks like a mess more is headed this way though…..

Attachment Attached File

Minimal outages as well in the area….

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:19:18 AM EDT
[#24]
all good
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:22:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Early morning storms, some decent wind, nothing too bad here in NW NC.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:28:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Aspida1776] [#26]
Ripping again here in SE Tennessee.

We should have a Frankie MacDonald sub forum!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:30:44 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By pdm:
SE TN here, little north of GA and a little west of NC….Nice lightning show and seems to keep coming. Rain is steady but electric hasn't gone out which is good.  Looks like a mess more is headed this way though…..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/696/weather_jpg-3209400.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/696/outage_jpg-3209401.JPG
View Quote

I had to look as Chattanooga is on that map, looked suspect as a larger city.  Not sure if they were good or just not reporting at the time of when that was taken but either way....

Not any more....Hamilton over 14k at this moment.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:36:30 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

I do understand it a bit as what happens now might not be quite as bad as what happens tomorrow during the day and they have to sleep too.  

Just wondering what weather streamers most watch.  I have who I have watched most and then who I like the best usually.  I don't count all the nader chasers as some are posted on some of the live streams of other channels, and they only have one perspective....though admit they on occasion catch a video of really bad crap going down.

My favorite weather streamer is: N8 snyder, I have watched him and Ryan Hall Y'all and he appears to be more on point with what will happen by himself.  Unless there is tornado overload for one person to view I am not sure I have seen Ryan call a tornado before N8 snyder did.  Very low budget but still has quality content, he usually finds more traffic cameras and other stuff that makes up for the lack of chase vehicles.....and maybe I just like to root for the underdog....

The streamer I have watched the most and has the most extra content like chasers, radio comms and other stuff:  Ryan Hall Y'all, has a good stream and a ton of back up support usually bails out though before all the others at the end of the night though

Since N8snyder has had some computer issues and not a big funded channel I have also gone recently to Max Velocity's channel, nice kid just a bit turned off by something on his channel.  My guess is the adds on the screen as I when he is live streaming this could be used for better coverage.  I guess though it helps him be as active as he can be but just a rub on my part.  If N8 snyder had adds he probably wouldn't have as many computer issues.  Max on occasion has live chase vehicles but not nearly as many as Ryan.

As a note I have two TVs in my main watching space for college fooseball season so usually I am watching more than one stream at a time when I need to be more weather aware.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

A lot get raw data from college of dupage.  A lot of subscription services are available.  I think Radar Omega is one of the most popular.  f5wx has a some good free data and a lot of paid data and is getting popular.  There's also Pivotal Weather and Weather Models dot com.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:37:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Noisy and wet with an impressive light show up on the Cumberland Plateau.  I watched several waves of storms split just as it reached my locale (within a mile) and go around both sides of me.  Still pushing 6” of rain over the last 48 hours.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Had a great light show last night before 10 but no rain or thunder and didn't hear anything through the night. Today is supposed to be thunderstorms most of the day Here in SE NC.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:42:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I rode my bike to work. I tried to run over to the quickiemart, didn't make it in time. Underwear now wet.

Riding home in the rain as well. I saw the radar. I made a miscalculation
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:47:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Here it comes!

Front just hit and electric is out. Posting off one bar of cell service hot spot. Lol
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:47:33 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By pdm:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/696/weather_jpg-3209400.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/696/outage_jpg-3209401.JPG
View Quote

Our place in Cashiers, NC is right in the path. Guarantee the power will be out soon. It goes out when the wind blows more than 20 mph lol.

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:03:40 AM EDT
[#34]
I slept through most of it in NEGA. I think the only reason I realized it was happening was our newborn waking us up.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:41:26 AM EDT
[#35]
Jusr crazy loud thunder and super bright lightning pretty much just a long mountain thunderstorm. Thankfully we didn’t have any wind.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:50:52 AM EDT
[#36]
I love sleeping thru a good thunderstorm!!

Little windy, heavy rain for a short while, lots of rumble to snuggle in with the pup and I wish I could’ve slept longer.

So, good sleep, no damage or power loss. Sounds like a good day to me
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:08:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Powers still out.  Blew the screen out of my screen door on the back porch.  
I think we’ll rebuild.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Nothing in my area yet. I hear some distant thunder, all of it is just north of me right now. Tornado watch until noon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#39]
We had some rain and lighting here in Boone.  My dog kept guard in my bed all night.   Nothing too spectacular.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:19:08 AM EDT
[#40]
In the NGA mountains now and it's still stormy.  Got in yesterday and the weather went nuts last night.  Slept all night long.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:19:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: _Matt_] [#41]
Not until this afternoon in the lowcountry
Frankly doesn’t look like it’s gonna make it way down here but they say it will
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Much ado about nothing just east of Nashville.  North of us, Noah is building an ark, and a nader skirted my buddy in Spring Hill, south of Nashville.  Almost had one spin up to our east.

Aside from a flamboyant CG lightning strike next to my truck as I left the gym around 10pm, it was, by sheer luck, boring.  Schools are closed due to a couple flooded roads.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:32:40 AM EDT
[#43]
Wet and noisy here in the Triad, and our kitty was freaked out much of the night but otherwise no biggie here. Charlotte area got hit it sounds like from co-workers.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:42:47 AM EDT
[#44]
Lots of wind, rain, thunder, and lightning all night here in SE TN. Power was out for a couple hours starting around 6:30am.

A lot of small limbs and leaves on the ground and road in front of the house.

Had just over 3” of rain.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:48:58 AM EDT
[#45]
Sounded bad. A dam to the north of me failed but I think I'm higher elevation than them.  That happened Monday I think.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:30:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Just lost about 8’ of a pad I had put in. They didn’t bring the rip rap up to top edge in back and that part is washing into the draw.  Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:35:50 AM EDT
[#47]
Another severe band passing through this morning.  Rain and lightning so far.  Hope we don't get hail or wind.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#48]

View Quote

Damn...

Thank God your family's safe.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:43:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Slept right through it, until our son woke me up coming into our room
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 4:15:38 PM EDT
[#50]
View Quote

Ouch, sorry to hear that.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top