Page / 332
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:35:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hunter-Killer] [#1]
Who gets her this season?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:37:09 AM EDT
[#2]
My vote is Bama.

Which would have been absurd 3 years ago.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:39:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

I’ve officially been triggered for the first time this season.

Thanks a lot HK.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:44:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#4]
Originally Posted By Hunter-Killer:
My vote is Bama.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/29598A1E-A60F-47AD-B141-0A4F5A379388_png-2805240.JPG
View Quote

No, your turn is coming back around.........Hope has a special place in her heart for Athens, even though she's an Aubie.....and a looker at that

Or she visits Knocksville
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:48:57 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote

Can I get in on some of that? 🤘
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:02:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By TacticalGarand44:
I really didn't think my post was going to be this controversial. I think A&M is a little better than Vegas thinks they are. That's all.

Alabama seems to have taken a small step back in the last 2 years, and in those same 2 years Georgia has sent a huge fraction of its team to the NFL. Meanwhile A&M has been recruiting well, and its young players are reaching maturity.

What you’re quoting isn’t what “Vegas thinks.”

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/1201F238-9294-4D14-A40C-12499615F2B0_jpe-2805216.JPG

Okay. I was responding to the list I responded to. I don't know who generated those odds.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/734D7C8D-307F-434D-9FE5-D9C5AAED07FC_jpe-2805223.JPG

https://media4.giphy.com/media/KZdaJU4SPaNzA3VPMF/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527nbq0xtm9ul3lrsad2a3cfx4yapf4swrzxs9yl0v&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

Ok. Is that not a Vegas sports book?
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:04:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By cyclone:

No, your turn is coming back around.........Hope has a special place in her heart for Athens, even though she's an Aubie.....and a looker at that

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
My vote is Bama.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/29598A1E-A60F-47AD-B141-0A4F5A379388_png-2805240.JPG

Hope said it herself.

Hope: "You don't need me anymore."

Georgia: "What's changed?"

Hope: "What's changed is you use to hope you could do it.  Now, you KNOW you can do it."
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:06:06 AM EDT
[#8]

View All Quotes
I really didn't think my post was going to be this controversial. I think A&M is a little better than Vegas thinks they are. That's all.

Alabama seems to have taken a small step back in the last 2 years, and in those same 2 years Georgia has sent a huge fraction of its team to the NFL. Meanwhile A&M has been recruiting well, and its young players are reaching maturity.

What you’re quoting isn’t what “Vegas thinks.”

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/1201F238-9294-4D14-A40C-12499615F2B0_jpe-2805216.JPG

Okay. I was responding to the list I responded to. I don't know who generated those odds.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/734D7C8D-307F-434D-9FE5-D9C5AAED07FC_jpe-2805223.JPG

https://media4.giphy.com/media/KZdaJU4SPaNzA3VPMF/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9527nbq0xtm9ul3lrsad2a3cfx4yapf4swrzxs9yl0v&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

No, offshore.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:06:55 AM EDT
[#9]

Did you visit the Big House?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Brundoggie:
Originally Posted By WarDawg:
Look I talked a-lot of shit about Bennett . I was a Hater.  I doubted him.  This is based off his first year starting.  I wanted him pulled.  His hot or cold quarters was killing me. I claimed we won 2021 solely because of the defense.  Maybe . Maybe not.  But we won the National Championship regardless.  Then he came back for his last year.  Again happy for the Championship.  But wanted him gone. I was over critical of him. The the season started. He was much improved in my eyes.  He made a lot of plays with his feet.  He’s slippery.  He made a lot of great throws. The made a lot of clutch throws.  Under pressure.  He won me over.  I ate a lot of Crow.  I’m not saying he’s this or that.  But at College level he is the real deal. When I see this meme picture…. I’m sure he did it for me to me. Stetson Bennett I was wrong.  https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26301/2932C726-AE81-4046-9B43-2942F5C10C9A_jpe-2804796.JPG

I gotta be nicer to you, we may be neighbors when I move to NC later this year/early next year.

OBTW, I spent 2d to 7th grade just south of Macon.

Did you visit the Big House?

You wasn’t addressing me. But I’ll answer that. Yes I did. I go by the grave sites often when I’m in town. Rose hill is a very peaceful place to me.  I want my ashes dumped  there. My family knows this . The hillside between Soliders square and their graves over looking the ocmulgee river .  My final resting place as they say. WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:08:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:09:06 AM EDT
[#11]

Hope said it herself.

Hope: "What's changed is you use to hope you could do it.  Now, you KNOW you can do it."
View All Quotes
My vote is Bama.

Hope said it herself.

Hope is like a boomerang and a bad check......she will come back around to you
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:11:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#12]

One of my co-workers in corporate security was a Macon PD officer and knows the family........he stopped some youts from screwing around and messing with their graves and got a thank you note from the family. I've never been there but he tells me it is a very peaceful and serene place
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:12:12 AM EDT
[#13]

View All Quotes
My vote is Bama.

Hope said it herself.

I think Hope is right where she needs to be.

Especially based on the previous page.

1:21

SEC Shorts - College football ER was busy this weekend
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:15:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cyclone] [#14]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdy5E-B1RcE
View All Quotes
My vote is Bama.

Hope said it herself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pdy5E-B1RcE

You "hope" she is...........but she ain't. Funny thing about those Plains women
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#15]

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:26:26 AM EDT
[#16]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By WDEagle:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174498/Hope_Floats_jpg-2805277.JPG

But I will give you guys some credit.........AJ McCarron's Aubie wife is a complete smoke show........Brent Musberger is still foaming at the mouth
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:37:57 AM EDT
[#17]

But I will give you guys some credit.........AJ McCarron's Aubie wife is a complete smoke show........Brent Musberger is still foaming at the mouth
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/174498/Hope_Floats_jpg-2805277.JPG

That was hilarious.

Musburger was basically pleasuring himself in the booth for a full minute while tens of millions of people listened, Herbstreit awkwardly tried to get the conversation back on the game, and then Musburger started in on her AGAIN.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:39:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Y’all ever see those Conan skits making fun of him?

Brent Musburger Checks Out Conan's Audience | CONAN on TBS

Brent Musburger Is Back To Perv On Our Audience | CONAN on TBS

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Nailcrusher:

While I agree with your assessment of his HC skills, I think there’s too much desperation exhibited constantly by boosters and athletic departments for many not to entertain hiring him based on previous positions held.

A prime example was Arizona hiring him. There was much WTF in that. And you would think NFL owners and executives would be much less emotional and more calculating than that.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Freakinout:

Yep, I'm aware. Still seems low. They recruit and spend at a very high level.

They had top 10 recruiting classes 2019-2022 and that resulted in an SEC West cellar finish in 2022.
What has changed?  Will Petrino riding in on his motorcycle make that much of a difference?  Should be interesting.p

Guess they can still take a swing at Kliff Kingsbury, that'd fire up the fanbase and boost some confidence

I don’t think his next job will be as a HC in the SEC.

Nor was I suggesting that?  

Kliff is and always has been an OC

Will his pride allow that? That’s quite a fall from being an NFL HC.
I’d have to imagine there’s a lot of G5 schools and even a few P5 programs that would love to have him.

He’s currently an analyst at USC correct? Doesn’t that usually mean he’s getting paid huge amounts of money by his previous employer and can’t take a high paying position right then due to contact stipulations?

He's still getting paid by Arizona, he had a contract extention the previous season and was recently paid his last check by Tech.... that should be your sign on his head coaching skills

While I agree with your assessment of his HC skills, I think there’s too much desperation exhibited constantly by boosters and athletic departments for many not to entertain hiring him based on previous positions held.

A prime example was Arizona hiring him. There was much WTF in that. And you would think NFL owners and executives would be much less emotional and more calculating than that.

Kliff always lands on his feet

He's a pretty good guy too, maybe too nice for CFB honestly winners usually know how to rip someone a new one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:47:42 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Preseason #22 Texas Tech duh and or duh
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:56:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#21]
Originally Posted By TX_Road_Warrior:

Horns beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. Horns make the playoff this season. I have spoken!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TX_Road_Warrior:

Horns beat Bama in Tuscaloosa. Horns make the playoff this season. I have spoken!

Uh…

I hope the Horns do.

But I don’t expect it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#22]
View All Quotes

You never know............I think Sark is a better coach than he is given credit for, despite his issues...........but I think Bama has a better defense this time around, and once Tejas fires him I want Saban to bring him back as OC
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 11:41:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Freakinout] [#23]
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:31:35 PM EDT
[#24]

You never know............I think Sark is a better coach than he is given credit for, despite his issues...........but I think Bama has a better defense this time around, and once Tejas fires him I want Saban to bring him back as OC
View All Quotes

Attachment Attached File

Let’s hope the Texas boosters keep believing that too.

That was an underwhelming hire and Texas could do much better.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 12:45:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#25]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/2FD1083B-01ED-4CAD-8BAE-D1A9206E12D4_jpe-2805435.JPG

View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/394844/2FD1083B-01ED-4CAD-8BAE-D1A9206E12D4_jpe-2805435.JPG

Yes.

Having said that, he’s recruiting incredibly well right now, the hope is that the talent will overcome his coaching deficiency.

ETA: Hes a hell of a game planner and a pretty good OC, theres just so much more to being a HC than being an OC.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 1:21:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:

Yes.

Having said that, he’s recruiting incredibly well right now, the hope is that the talent will overcome his coaching deficiency.

ETA: Hes a hell of a game planner and a pretty good OC, theres just so much more to being a HC than being an OC.
View All Quotes

Yes.

Texas has always recruited well. That’s not the problem I see. It’s player development. That’s evidenced by the lack of NFL draft choices.

Texas should have offered Urban Meyer a 100 million 5 year deal a few years back. That window may have now closed.

As an A&M fan that’s about the last thing we need to see happen in Austin. But it’s the truth.

And lol at the edit comment. Aggies know all about HCs that like to play OC. Hopefully that’s been resolved with Petrinos hire.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Attachment Attached File
@WarDawg and all y'all Ga fans. Congrats on #2. #3 would not surprise me at all. Y'all damn sure earned the right to talk shit. Bama's coming back though.

Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:32:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By HD357:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182162/BA987DC2-DF5F-47D2-ACF5-D6A95226AEC1_jpe-2805529.JPG@WarDawg and all y'all Ga fans. Congrats on #2. #3 would not surprise me at all. Y'all damn sure earned the right to talk shit. Bama's coming back though.

View Quote

Tennessee is going to my pick if we lose one regular season. Playing at their house.  Going to be tough.  They really want revenge from last year’s unraveling when they got slotted #1.
 Bama or LSU in the west.  Ga or Tenn in the east . Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:35:18 PM EDT
[#29]

View All Quotes

I'd love to have him back as OC...........He is excellent at that job
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#30]

Tennessee is going to my pick if we lose one regular season. Playing at their house.  Going to be tough.  They really want revenge from last year’s unraveling when they got slotted #1.
 Bama or LSU in the west.  Ga or Tenn in the east . https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26301/E9AACE4B-557B-4C33-8138-AF9E011E92DC_jpe-2805544.JPG
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/182162/BA987DC2-DF5F-47D2-ACF5-D6A95226AEC1_jpe-2805529.JPG@WarDawg and all y'all Ga fans. Congrats on #2. #3 would not surprise me at all. Y'all damn sure earned the right to talk shit. Bama's coming back though.

Bama or LSU in the west.  Ga or Tenn in the east . https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/26301/E9AACE4B-557B-4C33-8138-AF9E011E92DC_jpe-2805544.JPG

Then they need only look in a mirror.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:01:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brundoggie] [#31]

I was born in Macon. I grew up in Lizella. Southwest 1985.  What town was you in.
View All Quotes

I gotta be nicer to you, we may be neighbors when I move to NC later this year/early next year.

I was born in Macon. I grew up in Lizella. Southwest 1985.  What town was you in.

Warner Robins, in the 1960's

ETA: Had to Google The Big House.  It wasn't a thing back then.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:11:25 PM EDT
[#32]

View All Quotes

It became popular in the 80's through the 90's..............When both Allmans passed it's popularity took off
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:17:07 PM EDT
[#33]

It became popular in the 80's through the 90's..............When both Allmans passed it's popularity took off
View Quote

All I remember is the Upsidedown Charlie's sign.

And Mayor Ronnie Thompson ordering the police to shoot any rioters during the race riots going on at the time.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 3:38:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#34]

Texas has always recruited well. That’s not the problem I see. It’s player development. That’s evidenced by the lack of NFL draft choices.

Texas should have offered Urban Meyer a 100 million 5 year deal a few years back. That window may have now closed.

As an A&M fan that’s about the last thing we need to see happen in Austin. But it’s the truth.

And lol at the edit comment. Aggies know all about HCs that like to play OC. Hopefully that’s been resolved with Petrinos hire.
View All Quotes

Yes.

Yes and no.

Charlie Strong was a fucking idiot with no idea of what he was doing. Herman got a lot of high star recruits, but they weren’t in the trenches. Sark has emphasized (and succeeded at) OL and DL recruiting at a much higher rate that Herman or Strong. Might be NIL is why instead of Sark, but Sark IS succeeding in recruiting. He’s also developing players at a better rate than Strong did and winning more than that idiot. He’s got a ways to go to reach Herman’s peak (and it wasn’t anything spectacular) with on the field results, but recruiting and development seem to be ahead of Herman at this point.

Sark’s issue is winning consistently. Texas lost several games last season that Texas should have won. The year before, they lost something like 5 games they shouldn’t have. It’s a Sark thing.

I agree that Texas should have offered Meyer a mint. I think that boat has sailed though.

I'd love to have him back as OC...........He is excellent at that job

Yes
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 7:02:28 PM EDT
[#35]

All I remember is the Upsidedown Charlie's sign.

And Mayor Ronnie Thompson ordering the police to shoot any rioters during the race riots going on at the time.
View Quote

Machine gun Ronnie is what they called him .  I don’t remember them rioting.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:07:42 PM EDT
[#36]
So what is everyone's take on Prime at Colorado. Personally, I think he is in over his head at this point of his coaching career.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:26:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
So what is everyone's take on Prime at Colorado. Personally, I think he is in over his head at this point of his coaching career.
View Quote

Hard to say, but 57 players entering the transfer portal can't be a good thing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:29:21 PM EDT
[#38]
View Quote

You and quite a few other Division 1 coaches feel the same way..............
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Jason280:

View All Quotes

Agreed. He is way over his head.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:35:23 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes

Time will tell, but his tactics may burn Colorado to the ground
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:40:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jason280] [#41]
View Quote

The biggest head scratcher was walking in on day one and effectively alienating the majority of your football team.  I think what he's going to find out is recruiting at a HBCU, where you can sell on name alone, is a lot different than Div 1....and if he's delusional if he thinks all these kids jumping ship don't resonate with recruits.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:50:03 PM EDT
[#42]

View All Quotes

Hard to be any worse than they've been since leaving Big 12..  1 win seasons aren't much fun I hear
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Colorado has 67 scholarship players expected on next year's rosters if all the transfers leave, suspect many won't find a home unless they go D2
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:56:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Hard to be any worse than they've been since leaving Big 12..  1 win seasons aren't much fun I hear
View All Quotes

True............but a couple of losing seasons under Neon Deon might make the school realize they have been sold a bill of goods
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:05:31 PM EDT
[#45]

True............but a couple of losing seasons under Neon Deon might make the school realize they have been sold a bill of goods
View All Quotes

Not a lot of other options for a school like that.  Colorado used to recruit Texas better mind you hard to do when you play Cali teams
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 10:35:23 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

The phrase “all hat, no cattle” comes to mind.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:44:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 2:36:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mardoc] [#48]
View Quote

Naming your small time college son that lost to HBC NCCU in their only big game last year as starting QB before you even get there is not good move.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 2:44:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TacticalGarand44] [#49]
Originally Posted By mardoc:

https://jeezopeets.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Concur.gif

Naming your small time college son that lost to HBC NCCU in their only big game last year as starting QB before you even get there is not good move.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mardoc:

https://jeezopeets.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/Concur.gif

I was at that game. There were approximately 15 white people in the stadium, me being one of them.

It was a blast.

ETA it was hilariously ironic that they lost the game because a white TE dropped a TD in overtime to tie the game.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 6:20:23 AM EDT
[#50]

I was at that game. There were approximately 15 white people in the stadium, me being one of them.

It was a blast.

ETA it was hilariously ironic that they lost the game because a white TE dropped a TD in overtime to tie the game.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Page / 332
Top Top