User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

A-Class is an impressive thing for a guy that likes to shoot some matches on the weekend and has to balance mowing the yard, a full time job and taking the kids to soccer practice.

It’s a lot less impressive when shooting is your whole life.

You could literally be better than him in a year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He shoots significantly better than 99% of gun owners.

Sure, there are certain people in a highly specific domain that could out gun him, but that doesn't mean he's not good.

A-Class is an impressive thing for a guy that likes to shoot some matches on the weekend and has to balance mowing the yard, a full time job and taking the kids to soccer practice.

It’s a lot less impressive when shooting is your whole life.

You could literally be better than him in a year.

Is it his whole life?

Running a gun business =/= Shooting
USPSA =/= the entire domain of shooting

Isn’t his whole point that anyone could become as proficient as him with effort? He always talks about how most of his advances came in those two years where he shot a shit ton of rounds downrange.

We gonna start critiquing people like DJ Shipley too, just because he’s not as impressive with pistols as JJ Racaza?

It’d be wrong to say there isn’t a certain level of natural talent with Lucas. If he hyper-focused on one platform in a single domain I bet he would get quite good at it. He seems to have ADHD and a bit of that ‘tism, so I don’t doubt he would do well.

Trying to analyze everything gun related through competition is stupid though. Especially when the main critique is that he wouldn’t carry some sandbag at a competition.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#2]
T-Rex is more active on Instagram and even Twitch now. 1M+ subscribers on Youtube is good, but Youtube is actively suppressing most gun content so T-Rex seems to just be using it for streams now.

I think it's instructive that they're still going heavy in to regular podcasts and promoting their own email list like old-school internet companies. A lot of guntubers that are wholly dependent on Big Tech are going to be hurting when the next anti-gun panic hits.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nobody would lie about a thing like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I saw a Reddit post made by an SF guy who has ties to a unit that Lucas supposedly said he “trained and instructed” when the SF guy reached out to that unit , they all said he didn’t train them and that he had offered for them to use his range.

Lucas’ camera crew would take photos off heavy hitters and guys with trigger time down range over seas standing on the firing line and Lucas would walk out in front of them and start talking and waving his hands around as if he was instructing them.

I like his content , but if there’s one thing I can’t stand is liars.

He’s a good shooter , does a lot for 2A but he should of stayed in his lane and just been a quirky skinny millennial that appealed to the younger generation and made cool videos off him while simultaneously promoting his company. As soon as he started trying to pretend to be something he’s not that’s when I stopped watching.

Not defending Lucas, you think the guy who made the post on Reddit was an actual SF guy?

Nobody would lie about a thing like that.

I stand corrected. Thank you for letting me see the errors of my way. Continue on folks!
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes I feel like an old boomer when I open threads like these and i have no idea who these people are
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:46:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Is it his whole life?

Isn’t his whole point that anyone could become as proficient as him with effort? He always talks about how most of his advances came in those two years where he shot a shit ton of rounds downrange.

We gonna start critiquing people like DJ Shipley too, just because he’s not as impressive with pistols as JJ Racaza?

It’d be wrong to say there isn’t a certain level of natural talent with Lucas. If he hyper-focused on one platform in a single domain I bet he would get quite good at it. He seems to have ADHD and a bit of that ‘tism, so I don’t doubt he would do well.

Trying to analyze everything gun related through competition is stupid though. Especially when the main critique is that he wouldn’t carry some sandbag at a competition.
View Quote

I just think it’s hilarious how people trip over themselves about how awesome he is when he’s not.

It seems like he’s always trying to be something he isn’t.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Like I've said, Lucas is using T-rex as a platform to help the 2nd Amendment more than a lot of other guntubers. He's been normalizing the idea of owning NODs and armor with young people, and he has his finger on the pulse of how to create new gun owners.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I just think it’s hilarious how people trip over themselves about how awesome he is when he’s not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is it his whole life?

Shouldn’t everyone always be striving to be something they aren’t?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

If it means telling people you’re training SF when you’re just letting them use your range… No.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I like them
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:23:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Tarkov video is sick
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If it means telling people you’re training SF when you’re just letting them use your range… No.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you pivot from his shooting capabilities to a highly contested and previously argued subject?

Is he not a better than average shooter, who runs a seemingly successful business, that puts out highly successful content?

Seems like you're just wanting to critique someone who has become successful in a domain not out of intention to criticize them in a meaningful or constructive way, but out of resentment.

In that case, on the Twink's behalf, please refer to :45.

Link Posted: 3/13/2022 4:50:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Never were.

There are way too many fan bois around here.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Does he have an only fans yet? Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

So you pivot from his shooting capabilities to a highly contested and previously argued subject?

Is he not a better than average shooter, who runs a seemingly successful business, that puts out highly successful content?

Seems like you're just wanting to critique someone who has become successful in a domain not out of intention to criticize them in a meaningful or constructive way, but out of resentment.

In that case, on the Twink's behalf, please refer to :45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I8gDpuvZt4
View Quote

Are you ok?
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:13:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/13/2022 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Never heard of them.
View Quote

Only ever heard of them here
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top