Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2021 5:52:58 PM EDT
From the FPC:  

Sen. Mike Braun (R-IN) has put forward the "Right to Keep and Bear Arms Act of 2021" (S. 1916) as a way to fight back against federal gun control measures that may be attempted during a time of national anguish.  S. 1916 would prohibit the President from using a declaration of emergency to enact gun control measures, in addition to preventing the Secretary of Health and Human Services from exerting executive authority to enact gun control during a national health crisis.
Click below to send your message to your representatives.

https://www.firearmspolicy.org/right_to_keep_and_bear_arms_act_2021
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 12:25:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Will see how far this goes.
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 12:51:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Lol, some bureaucrats declaring “emergency’ doesn’t change my Rights..
Link Posted: 9/16/2021 1:40:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Super edgy.  Sit on ass for 4 years; 2 of which extra squandered fucking off while the R President, R house, and R Senate getting nothing passed beyond letting your ISP gather and sell your internet traffic.  Then, with zero chance of ever being enacted law, propose edgy home-base laws the now D President has to sign.  That he is never going to sign... ever.

If you want to know what playing to the choir with no worries of it ever going anywhere looks like - this would be it.

Link Posted: 9/16/2021 1:45:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Hate to be that guy but....
Basically this is a bill that says the right that 'shall not be infringed', 'shall not be infringed'?
Like don't get me wrong I like the idea but it's this weird thing where the original document says the right shouldn't be messed with, so we're going to make a new document that says the original documents shouldn't be messed with?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:24:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I signed it. But by doing so I partly feel like I validated them having the right to such in the first place, which they never had.
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Showmanship for the chumps.  It's never going to get any where.

If the congress and the president were all Rs the cowards wouldn't pass it either.

Remember the hearing protection act and all the other pro gun rights legislation the Rs passed when they had the majority and Trump was president?

Remember all the obungle care repeals the Rs passed when the halfrican was president and they didn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being signed?
Link Posted: 10/27/2021 6:54:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Super edgy.  Sit on ass for 4 years; 2 of which extra squandered fucking off while the R President, R house, and R Senate getting nothing passed beyond letting your ISP gather and sell your internet traffic.  Then, with zero chance of ever being enacted law, propose edgy home-base laws the now D President has to sign.  That he is never going to sign... ever.

If you want to know what playing to the choir with no worries of it ever going anywhere looks like - this would be it.

View Quote

Fucking this.

It's all so god damned obvious.

Had they given us national reciprocity or the HPA when they could, I might still believe in their game.     Instead, I feel like they are simply insulting my intelligence by expecting me to believe in their garbage.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Fucking this.

It's all so god damned obvious.

Had they given us national reciprocity or the HPA when they could, I might still believe in their game.     Instead, I feel like they are simply insulting my intelligence by expecting me to believe in their garbage.
View Quote

Fucking this...absolutely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top