Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 2:49:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably got paid out in a quiet way to generate proof for votes. One group gets the $$ and spreads the words like wildfire and everyone votes D even if they didn't get paid yet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:13:12 PM EDT
[#2]
So that whole msn\wapo article was based on something Tiffany "suspects"?

American Journalism at its finest! Top Men!
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dont take out loans and then complain about having to pay them.
View Quote
Ohh, I will complain, but I won't take out a loan I don't intend to pay...  
Sometimes, I just like to bitch about stuff...
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:35:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Joe Bidet pushed hard dole out the money ASAP so that to get money out into the hands of the Dem electorate, and now it will backfire on them.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:37:02 PM EDT
[#5]
They fucking better
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:39:25 PM EDT
[#6]
If you can’t pay off a loan don’t take it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 3:47:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I didn't know they already paid out. Thought there was some portal to submit.
View Quote

There is a portal, and you could apply. The lawsuit was filed, and all action on the debt relief is suspended until the court battle is over. So, you can apply, get the notice that you are approved, and then be in a holding pattern.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 7:24:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

you do realize that the scheme was just for votes, don't you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Biden could of sent a bill through congress and had some chance. Instead he chose a route with no chance. All show and absolutely no concern on the borrower.

Attachment Attached File

Fucking marks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Looks like many people got paid before the case went to SCOTUS.

"Tiffany Wilson had the plan all worked out: request a refund of the $16,000 she used to pay off her student loans during the pandemic. Then, apply for President Biden's debt-relief program to cancel up to $20,000 in federal student-loan debt. That way, she could keep her $16,000 and still have her balance wiped.

But that plan took a turn as legal challenges threw Biden's program into limbo. Now as the fate of the program rests in the hands of the Supreme Court, Wilson, 38, said she suspects she will have to return every dollar of her refund.

Wilson received eight separate payments refunding her money in October. She had planned to use some of the funds to renovate her home and save the rest, but she is now resigned to start from scratch toward those goals. For the past few years, Wilson has aggressively paid down the $35,000 in student loans she acquired for a bachelor's degree from the University of Mount Olive in North Carolina."

(left cold) https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/with-student-debt-relief-in-limbo-borrowers-must-spend-or-save-refunds/ar-AA15ysHf
View Quote

The Boo Hooing will be epic.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:37:16 PM EDT
[#10]
And here's the kicker - she'll owe interest on that money until she returns every dime of it*.

* Unless she's a prominent party member or highly privileged person.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:38:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I cannot understand why people think student loans do not have to be repaid. I paid in full by making sacrifices after college.

I agree it is expensive, but you already knew that when taking out the loan. Attend a community college for a few years and then transfer if you want to keep costs down.
View Quote

There are many reasons why they should pay them back but “because I did” is not one of them
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#12]
She was going to use the money to renovate her home.

Not "to pay off debt".  But as a surplus windfall for discretionary spending.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
How does one get a "refund" of a loan payment?
View Quote

My question exactly.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:48:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
And here's the kicker - she'll owe interest on that money until she returns every dime of it*.

* Unless she's a prominent party member or highly privileged person.
View Quote

There has been a pause on interest accruing since 2020.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:51:12 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm calling bullshit.  The whole student loan forgiveness nonsense is right out of the Bernie Sanders/AOC playbook.  It will be held over Republican heads for an eternity for "blocking" it.

There were no funds paid out - this is a pure propaganda piece.  The Communists are DEAD SERIOUS about this game.....

Phase II is promising all these illegals that have entered an immediate path to citizenship.  The catch is they will have to vote Democrat to overcome Republican resistance.

You know it's coming...they have checkmated the Republicans by trading giveaways for votes.

Phase II is mortgage, credit card, and other debt forgiveness.

Phase III is reparations for the descendants of slaves.

Phase IV will be another widespread pandering.

At some point, they will welcome "the reset," which will happen from the collapse of the Dollar.  

They will fully be in power and somehow blame "Nazis."
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:56:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hope it shows well on the president.

He knowingly made a choice that wouldn't hold up in court, and these people will end up screwed. I don't care whether people like the choice they made or not. College funding is one of the stupidest systems we have in the US that amounts to debt slavery.
View Quote

…that you voluntarily sign up for and is administered by the government.

Get gov out, make them dischargeable in bankruptcy, and everyone will bitch about how unaffordable college is. Higher Ed is the problem.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Get gov out, make them dischargeable in bankruptcy, and everyone will bitch about how unaffordable college is. Higher Ed is the problem.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hope it shows well on the president.

He knowingly made a choice that wouldn't hold up in court, and these people will end up screwed. I don't care whether people like the choice they made or not. College funding is one of the stupidest systems we have in the US that amounts to debt slavery.

make them dischargeable in bankruptcy?  Who would ever guarantee another student loan?  These are existing, legal contracts you suggest should be amended.

You serious Clark?
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
How does one get a "refund" of a loan payment?
View Quote

This. I had no idea this was even a thing.  My mind is full of…
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:05:52 PM EDT
[#19]
I work hard every month for that $16,000. Fuck her.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
There used to be a name for that.  

Let’s just call it land-o-lakes giving.
View Quote

I am old enough to remember their logo before political correctness set in.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:10:51 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

That include PPP too or…?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That include PPP too or…?

It was never intended for business to pay back the PPP loans. The plan was to keep people employed.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:14:03 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sounds like she was following the law and minimizing her expenses. Good for her.
View Quote

Except it wasn’t the law. Biden was using his pen and he knew that he did not have the authority. He was just buying votes and it worked.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:20:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That’s what I thought too.

A portal was made, there was some bragging being done about the number of sign ups, and then the court case came and that was it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s what I thought too.

A portal was made, there was some bragging being done about the number of sign ups, and then the court case came and that was it.

There were people here doing some bragging about signing up.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:23:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And, paying it back, they'll blame SCOTUS, not the shithead in the WH.
View Quote

Some of them will blame SCOTUS but I think a lot of people thought the forgiveness would be blocked by the courts. That is one of the reasons the Dems did so good in the election. People were voting for Dems who could pass a law to give them the money.

Biden was simply buying votes. He probably knew the courts would block him. He didn’t care about the loans, he was after votes.
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:26:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So, this isn't a case of any kind of economic hardship, she just wants to skip on her debt.
View Quote

Free stuff!
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:30:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 10:31:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like many people got paid before the case went to SCOTUS.

"Tiffany Wilson had the plan all worked out: request a refund of the $16,000 she used to pay off her student loans during the pandemic. Then, apply for President Biden's debt-relief program to cancel up to $20,000 in federal student-loan debt. That way, she could keep her $16,000 and still have her balance wiped.

But that plan took a turn as legal challenges threw Biden's program into limbo. Now as the fate of the program rests in the hands of the Supreme Court, Wilson, 38, said she suspects she will have to return every dollar of her refund.

Wilson received eight separate payments refunding her money in October. She had planned to use some of the funds to renovate her home and save the rest, but she is now resigned to start from scratch toward those goals. For the past few years, Wilson has aggressively paid down the $35,000 in student loans she acquired for a bachelor's degree from the University of Mount Olive in North Carolina."

(left cold) https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/with-student-debt-relief-in-limbo-borrowers-must-spend-or-save-refunds/ar-AA15ysHf

Planned correctly and doing best case/worst case:
Best case: Loan forgiveness on shit you already paid off. Keep yo monies.
Worst case: decent no/low interest loan. (don't know if they are putting penalties on those funds even if paid back promptly)

Just make sure you park the money that gets you something in return and liquid enough if you need to pay it back.

Link Posted: 12/23/2022 9:31:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I'm calling bullshit.  The whole student loan forgiveness nonsense is right out of the Bernie Sanders/AOC playbook.  It will be held over Republican heads for an eternity for "blocking" it.

There were no funds paid out - this is a pure propaganda piece.  The Communists are DEAD SERIOUS about this game.....

Phase II is promising all these illegals that have entered an immediate path to citizenship.  The catch is they will have to vote Democrat to overcome Republican resistance.

You know it's coming...they have checkmated the Republicans by trading giveaways for votes.

Phase II is mortgage, credit card, and other debt forgiveness.

Phase III is reparations for the descendants of slaves.

Phase IV will be another widespread pandering.

At some point, they will welcome "the reset," which will happen from the collapse of the Dollar.  

They will fully be in power and somehow blame "Nazis."
View Quote

"Back in 2020, President Trump did [insert blamable thing here], and that's why now, in 2030, we have to do [insert pandering thing here]. -some Democrat from the future, probably.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 9:34:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 9:57:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly.  Buying votes with our money.  fjb.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 10:00:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

They sent out as much money, as fast as possible knowing the optics of clawing back that money would look bad.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 10:12:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you could afford to renovate your home, YOU COULD PAYOFF YOUR STUDENT DEBT.
View Quote

To hell with these people, I did my kitchen renovation just over a year ago and I saved every damn dollar of it, with no help from anyone.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Here's the problem with the current higher education/student loan debacle:

1) 17-19 year old high school graduates are allowed to borrow MASSIVE amounts of money, based on their signature (with the signatures of their parents in some cases) IOT finance their college education.

2) Said students don't fully understand (and are not really taught, unless they research it themselves) how the loans work. All they hear is "you don't have to pay it back until after you graduate!"

3) College Financial Offices allow and encourage the students to max out how much they borrow. "Oh, look, your annual tuition is $30K, but you can borrow up to $50K, and use the extra $20K for books, lab fees, and living expenses!"

4) The cost of higher education has ballooned up 180% in the last 30 years or so...probably more. https://www.forbes.com/advisor/student-loans/college-tuition-inflation/

5) Coupled with #4, Colleges offer "bullshit degrees" with no real world applicability to effectively earn enough to pay back the loan. Plenty of articles out there about how Suzie spent $180K to earn a degree in Social Work with a minor in gender studies, and can't find a job that pays more than $30K.

6) Since the 1980's, "white collar" jobs, which require college degrees, have been pushed as the ideal. "If you don't go to college, you won't be able to get a good job." Hell, even the Armed Services used it in their recruiting ads, saying that you can earn money for college while serving your country.

7) There is a bias in the business world towards degrees from "Ivy League" universities. Consider: Having a PhD from Harvard is considered cream of the crop, whereas having a PhD from The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University probably would get you asked "is that a real medical school?", but at the end of the day, both graduates are called "Doctor". Harvard, Yale, Tufts, MIT, Boston College, etc. Big Universities, with big tuition bills. It would be more beneficial for students to attend community college (especially if it is free, which a lot of them are for residents, Veterans, DoD dependents, etc, depending on the State) for the first few years, knock out all the core classes, and then transfer to a larger university to finish their degree plan.

8) Coupled with #6, we now have a dearth of qualified, experienced, STEM technicians, i.e. "Blue Collar" jobs. Take the airlines, for example: they are hiring hand-over-fist, and a few of the big name airlines are skipping the usual "work as a temp contract employee for 6 months and then bid for a permanent position" rigmarole and are hiring directly.  I'm talking $25/hr on the low end, and $35-$45/hr on the high end, for STARTING pay, for AMTs fresh out of AMT school. It requires getting dirty and sweaty, which a lot of people don't want to do, but it is good, honest, necessary work that requires an A&P certificate that you can get through military service or attend a school that costs $2k to $5k, depending on the school. My son's high school had a HVAC program that allowed Seniors to graduate with a HVAC cert, and helped with job placement. A few of his friends went from high school to working for a local HVAC company, making good money, the very next week.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 10:16:33 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
So, this isn't a case of any kind of economic hardship, she just wants to skip on her debt.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
For the past few years, Wilson has aggressively paid down the $35,000 in student loans she acquired for a bachelor's degree from the University of Mount Olive in North Carolina."

Pretty much. IIRC, something like 50% of all student loan debt is for graduate and advanced degrees - people who are going to be earning more than the average income.

It's not about hardship, people just want freedom from responsibility. That's what every leftist position seems to be - freedom from responsibility.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 10:52:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, I hope they have it deducted from their paycheck, or welfare check, whichever the case may be.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top