Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about a particular state, but I can say the Greeks cook the best pizzas around here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Wisconsin.  Used to be one in Spokompton till covid.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]
NY

Not Florida

Holy shit I have had some bad pizza

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oddly, bad gun laws and great pizza highly correlate
View Quote

California has some of the worst pizza in the country
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
New York. Now GTFO here..
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to a Brooklyn Square place in NJ and you’ll taste what pizza is supposed to be.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:28:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Beau Jo’s Pizza in Idaho Springs, CO is the best pizza I’ve had
View Quote

Severely overrated
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:38:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

This a Pizza thread not greasy casserole thread.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

This a Pizza thread not greasy casserole thread.

Quoted:

Greasy casserole is not Pizza

LOL...  It is almost as if people don't actually know what a casserole is, but heard someone else say deep dish is a casserole, so they say repeat it.  Sad.  

As a midwestern guy, here are a couple of key pointers to help you out (while ignoring the obvious combining and/or binding ingredients for most casseroles).

1. "Casseroles" (in the way being used) are usually (not always, but usually) cooked in a glass/ceramic "casserole dish".  Some folks do use Dutch Ovens, but that is a different story and then we get into MN Hot Dishes and stuff.  Deep dish pizza is never baked in a glass dish, that is key because the name "Casserole" isn't the meal, it is actually the name of the baking dish itself.

2. "Casseroles" usually do not have bottom and side crusts, and CANNOT ALWAYS SUPPORT THEMSELVES.

A deep dish pizza outside of its pizza pan look like this:

Your gram-gram's famous tuna-cheese casserole would be a sloppy mess all over the table if not contained within the casserole (dish).

Hence, casseroles are served within the casserole (dish), deep dish pizza (which is not baked in a casserole) can be served in our out of the pan, depending on where you are getting it from. If it is take-out/delivery, it is obviously not coming with the pan.   If you are eating in, it could go either way depending on the location.  

You are welcome.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Not Texas.

Edit: Not unless everybody else's retardidly sucks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:41:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Why do people think what state you are in has a single fucking thing to do with how good or bad pizza - or any food for that matter - is. What a stupid notion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:42:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

LOL...  It is almost as if people don't actually know what a casserole is, but heard someone else say deep dish is a casserole, so they say repeat it.  Sad.  

As a midwestern guy, here are a couple of key pointers to help you out (while ignoring the obvious combining and/or binding ingredients for most casseroles).

1. "Casseroles" (in the way being used) are usually (not always, but usually) cooked in a glass/ceramic "casserole dish".  Some folks do use Dutch Ovens, but that is a different story and then we get into MN Hot Dishes and stuff.  Deep dish pizza is never baked in a glass dish, that is key because the name "Casserole" isn't the meal, it is actually the name of the baking dish itself.

2. "Casseroles" usually do not have bottom and side crusts, and CANNOT ALWAYS SUPPORT THEMSELVES.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2019/2/19/0/KC2004_Deep-Dish-Pizza_s4x3.jpg
https://res.cloudinary.com/hksqkdlah/image/upload/SFS_chicago_deep_dish_pizza-16_cehf9d.jpg

Your gram-gram's famous tuna-cheese casserole would be a sloppy mess all over the table if not contained within the casserole (dish).
https://images-gmi-pmc.edge-generalmills.com/91f3ed81-39a5-48e3-933b-b89b437b1657.jpg

Hence, casseroles are served within the casserole (dish), deep dish pizza (which is not baked in a casserole) can be served in our out of the pan, depending on where you are getting it from. If it is take-out/delivery, it is obviously not coming with the pan.   If you are eating in, it could go either way depending on the location.  

You are welcome.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:44:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I had my first pizza in 1956 at Rudi's Italian Restaurant in Los Angeles. I don't remember what it tasted like, but it convinced me that pizza was the greatest food in the world. So, I'll say California.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:44:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27773/IMG_0251_png-2958456.JPG
View Quote

Once in a while I used to get that delivered when I lived in town. Underrated.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:44:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

https://www.foodnetwork.com/content/dam/images/food/fullset/2019/2/19/0/KC2004_Deep-Dish-Pizza_s4x3.jpg
https://res.cloudinary.com/hksqkdlah/image/upload/SFS_chicago_deep_dish_pizza-16_cehf9d.jpg

https://images-gmi-pmc.edge-generalmills.com/91f3ed81-39a5-48e3-933b-b89b437b1657.jpg

You are welcome.  
View Quote

Listen here you pedantic heretic, its a deep greasy pit of tomato slurry. Do not insult pizza by calling it pizza.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:45:27 PM EDT
[#15]
NY

PA

NJ
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:47:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't know about a particular state, but I can say the Greeks cook the best pizzas around here.
View Quote

Nearly every pizza place in Mass and NH is owned by Greeks.  

I knew a Greek family that sold theirs, and the sauce recipe was part of the sale so that customers could keep getting the same tasting pizza from the new owners.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:48:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I had my first pizza in 1956 at Rudi's Italian Restaurant in Los Angeles. I don't remember what it tasted like, but it convinced me that pizza was the greatest food in the world. So, I'll say California.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/920/2b7370fa4d01ba6e256c7221508f8abe_jpg-2958529.JPG
View Quote

Did you go there when you graduated high school or what?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, not sure about what state, but I’m sure it has zero correlation to what percentage of that state’s demographic are of Italian decent.

Heck, ‘round here both Greeks and Lebanese make better ‘Italian-style’ pizzas, whether thin-crust or thick, than the most popular Italian joint.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 4:57:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/920/2b7370fa4d01ba6e256c7221508f8abe_jpg-2958529.JPG

I mentioned pizza was my favorite food on Art Linkletter's in 1957, so I was about 5-6 when I had my first pizza.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#20]
Sorry Maine but…

Maine in general had about the worst pizza places I ever ate at.
The sauce was like tomato purée.
The cheese was like sams club bulk bag shredded cheese.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:00:17 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Listen here you pedantic heretic, its a deep greasy pit of tomato slurry. Do not insult pizza by calling it pizza.
View Quote

It is a warm, gooey, delicious future heart attack on a cold day by the lake.   The crust should be buttery and flakey, not greasy...mmm.   Some places have more of really blended marinara, some more chunky.  I might have to get some deep dish soon, in honor of this thread.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:06:46 PM EDT
[#22]
It's a demonstrable fact that the best pizza in the world is from Alabama.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:11:17 PM EDT
[#23]
New York
Chicago
Detroit
Everywhere else

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:22:27 PM EDT
[#24]
The answer is NY and always has been NY and anyone who thinks or states otherwise is just being silly.

People who call deep deep dish pizza need to be keelhauled against the tied under an old barnacle covered wooden boat.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

My favorite but I didn't want to post it
Best pizza here but I've lived here all but 4 years of my life
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:23:09 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wholewheat crust with canadian bacon and green olives was our go to.

I don’t care who knows it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:44:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ohio.  Specfically Bowling Green.  
View Quote

Okay, let's have it: what's so great about BG pizza.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:46:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Why do people think what state you are in has a single fucking thing to do with how good or bad pizza - or any food for that matter - is. What a stupid notion.
View Quote

said the guy from Oklahoma.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:59:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I'm going with NJ (1).

View Quote
You are correct.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Chicago deep dish pizza baby!

Malnatis with slab sausage is hard to beat.

I tried NY style but there's just no flavor. I even folded that shit multiple times, still nothing. I should of just saved my money and ate a saltine cracker instead. It probably would of had more flavor lol
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:04:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.

I puked in my mouth a little after reading this.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I'm going with NJ (1).

Then, NY (2) - but only because there are so many pizza places.

The state that boxes way out of it's weight is CT (3).  That is, some great pizza places in a small area.  Mostly around New Haven.

View Quote

CT is the 6th burrow of NYC, doesn't count.

And it sure as shit isn't NYC.  I've been to TX and Chicago once each and had Pizza better than I've ever had in NYC, much less NYS (my aunt and uncle live in NYC so I go down sometimes to visit).
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:09:32 PM EDT
[#34]
"New Haven pizza" sucks baboon ass.  

CT is excellent for the small-town pizza joint.  Consistently seemed to be Greek-owned, pan pizzas with thin crusts, at least in the middle of the state, not to sure about the RI border.  

But people associate CT pizza with New Haven pizza, and that shit is a goddamn joke.

The correct answer is New York for the best pizza.

My favorite is Artichoke Pizza in Greenwich Village.  I think it's on Macdougal.  It could be that I'm consistently buzzed by the time I get there, but that shit is delicious.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:12:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Holy fuck.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Holy fuck.

My work here is done.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:13:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I'm going with NJ (1).

The state that boxes way out of it's weight is CT (3).  That is, some great pizza places in a small area.  Mostly around New Haven.

View Quote

OP is correct
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Best pizza in NY is Sabaros.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
NY, and it isn't even close!
View Quote

This. Most state food stuff is waaay overhyped but NY pizza is legit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:31:02 PM EDT
[#39]
NYC for pizza.
Fuck all the rest of it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:32:25 PM EDT
[#40]
You'll find more superb pizza places in NJ than anywhere else. The density of them is why they win.

It's almost a challenge to find really shitty pizza unless it's a franchise or outright fake italian food like sbarro.

It's because Italian-American people actually live there. Lots and lots of them. And they don't accept shitty pizza.

Where you have no actual Italians, you wind up with the regional abominations we've all seen here.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:33:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Illinois
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:35:24 PM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Fuck that Chicago deep dish shit.

It's a fuckin casserole, not a pizza
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm going with NJ (1).

View Quote

Chicago 1

NY 2

All else is fail.  Your pizza with boiled egg toppings and shrimp is hideous crap.  

Chicago has two styles of pizza.  Deep dish that the stupid tourists eat, and square cut thin crust tavern style.  

Everyone outside of NY and Chicago are living in the dark ages of pizza.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:37:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Any state with a Domonos
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

You are welcome.  
View Quote

No, it just sucks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:41:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
You'll find more superb pizza places in NJ than anywhere else. The density of them is why they win.

It's almost a challenge to find really shitty pizza unless it's a franchise or outright fake italian food like sbarro.

It's because Italian-American people actually live there. Lots and lots of them. And they don't accept shitty pizza.

Where you have no actual Italians, you wind up with the regional abominations we've all seen here.
View Quote

Legit

That's why NEPA has good pizza. Lots of Italian heritage and also Italian heritage transplants from NJ and NYC.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:49:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Any state with Costco is tied for number one.
View Quote

Beat me to it!
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:52:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Many a pizza thread ago....  someone in Kansas said that a Chicago-area chain called Rosatis had just opened in their area and that it was the best pizza ever.  

Rosatis is the shittiest pizza of all the originated in Chicago chains.  Chicago's worst pizza is the best Pizza in Kansas.  That is how shitty your pizza is outside of Chicago and NY.

Most of my friends have moved out of Illinois.  They usually come to visit around Christmas time, and they all want to eat pizza, and they usually take a few home with them when they leave.  It is the only thing they miss.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:53:56 PM EDT
[#50]
The problem with NY pizza is it has no flavor. They tell you to fold the shit up but there's still no flavor. I mean who wants to eat multiple stacks of cardboard?
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top