BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Originally Posted By metalsaber:

Got my collectors edition today.  

Ditto!

I think it's a great Collectors Edition set.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Buckeye67:

Ditto!  

Me too.  The package is pretty nice.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 11:46:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

Ditto!  

Me too.  The package is pretty nice.

I did also. I was very suprised at the size of the packaging!

Great contents though. Bioware did this one right, that's for sure.
Link Posted: 12/16/2011 11:49:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm wondering when I get my STAP.
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 12:01:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By SniperKage:
Originally Posted By TPK0999:
A half hour wait ...just to play this game. Ridiculous.

Uh, what? I've never waited longer than it takes to load, never more than a minute or so. What server are you on?

Last night there was a 30 minute queue on Canderous Ordo.  

Avg wait tonight.... 30mins. Mind this is all BEFORE the game is out on the shelves
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 2:53:47 AM EDT
[#6]
Here's my characters, for those on the same server:

Server: Canderous Ordo
Ajek - Smuggler
Keja - Consular
Ajyk - Knight

and on Krayt Dragon
Ajek - Bounty Hunter

I'm bouncing around characters a lot right now and haven't figured out which I like best yet (though I'm sticking mostly to my Republic characters on Canderous Ordo).
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 3:32:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Originally Posted By Troubl3shooter:

Input your code on the tor website and log back in and it will be mailed to you.  You cant use it until level 25ish though

Link Posted: 12/17/2011 11:48:28 AM EDT
[#8]
man for some reason i just cant get into this game.

play for a couple hours and im bored and go back to watching TV
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 4:24:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DocBach] [#9]
wish I could get into the game - still no fix for the bug I'm getting trying to install it.

eta - got my hardcopy of the game today. Trying to uninstall and install of disc- hopefully that does the trick.
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 6:18:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I got my CE from Amazon yesterday. It is a nice package. I am playing a sith inquisitor. I am enjoying the game I played thanksgivijng beta.
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 6:45:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Originally Posted By nsw8148:

Input your code on the tor website and log back in and it will be mailed to you.  You cant use it until level 25ish though

For some reason it's not giving me the rest of the pre-order kit and it won't let me past the code entry part.

Link Posted: 12/17/2011 7:02:29 PM EDT
[#12]
I hit level 17 with my Juggernaut today while doing The Black Talon with some guildmates. Pro tip: make sure the medpacks you take aren't a higher level than you. Oops. Still only ate it once.

If anyone's on something Cantina (only server with Cantina in the name) look for Vodan.
Link Posted: 12/17/2011 11:32:04 PM EDT
[#13]
I am actually trying to start a Sith Guild on Jung Ma . Send a PST to Odnee. Btw, if someone wants to roll a character to help me start the guild. It would be much appreciated.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 12:57:48 AM EDT
[#14]
I hit level 17 with my Juggernaut today while doing The Black Talon with some guildmates. Pro tip: make sure the medpacks you take aren't a higher level than you. Oops. Still only ate it once.

If anyone's on something Cantina (only server with Cantina in the name) look for Vodan.

i wish medpacs had a shorter reuse time.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys who joined my crew need to get invites and link up in game . We still have you guys on the website but haven't seen you in game. Get ahold of us in game and get invited if you have been accepted on the website.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 9:48:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By skygod:
You guys who joined my crew need to get invites and link up in game . We still have you guys on the website but haven't seen you in game. Get ahold of us in game and get invited if you have been accepted on the website.

Swijr knows im in.. im just waiting for a invite in game.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 10:48:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#17]

For some reason it's not giving me the rest of the pre-order kit and it won't let me past the code entry part.

did you input your cd key on the TOR website under the my account?

Also, once you get in game, they send in in game email which as it's attachments has all your other items.

Looks like PVP Warzones are the way to power level.  I can get 8k experience for about 10mins worth of work.  Not sure if they'll nerf that or not.

Link Posted: 12/18/2011 10:51:28 PM EDT
[#18]

I'm having troubles installing the game, but when I get in I'll hit you guys up.
Link Posted: 12/18/2011 11:43:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#19]

Looks like PVP Warzones are the way to power level.  I can get 8k experience for about 10mins worth of work.  Not sure if they'll nerf that or not.

It sure is.  The first 50s started appearing on the 16th, they all leveled in PvP.

ETA:  I'd be close to 50 if I could just stick to one character.  I have three that are all mid 20's with a couple in the teens

ETA 2: You also get a lot of money from Warzones.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 1:29:17 AM EDT
[#20]

did you input your cd key on the TOR website under the my account?

Also, once you get in game, they send in in game email which as it's attachments has all your other items.

I got it figured out. I got two different codes. One the day I ordered and another the next day. It reminds me of dealing with Digital River. Asshattery.

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 10:26:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Here's my characters, for those on the same server:

Server: Canderous Ordo

Ajek - Smuggler

Keja - Consular

Ajyk - Knight

and on Krayt Dragon

Ajek - Bounty Hunter

I'm bouncing around characters a lot right now and haven't figured out which I like best yet (though I'm sticking mostly to my Republic characters on Canderous Ordo).

Your BH is on my server. Send a tell to Whiskeybent if you're looking for a guild.

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 10:46:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#22]
Playing a level 12 Jedi Guardian named Decimus on Mandalore the Indomitable. I have a level 10 trooper named Gai'us with the intention of going as the tanking sub class as well, but I'm not sure I care much for the trooper class. It is different and as much as I like guns, it's not super fun for me like playing a Jedi Guardian seems to be. The Jedi Guardian seems to be analogous to the warrior from World of Warcraft which was also my favorite class in that game.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 7:45:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Currently have a level 21 Jedi Shadow on Swiftsure.   Does excellent DPS, especially in PVP.  A bit squishy as I am going down the damage line and ignoring any tanking.    1v1, I'm not sure any class except the equal Sith Class can come close to the balance of DPS this toon does.   Also great for sneaking and grabbing objectives in the warzones.

Overall though, the troopers do the most overall DPS, but I think I"m going to do a healer next.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#24]
loving it , BH dps is nice for PVP , have a 16 sith war also. about to roll on a new  PVP server
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:32:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: skygod] [#25]

Originally Posted By TPK0999:

Swijr knows im in.. im just waiting for a invite in game.

Ok. Find him or my toon, Griff and we will gt you taken care of.

Also poke into the guild forums if you need any help.
Link Posted: 12/19/2011 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#26]

Originally Posted By DocBach:

I'm having troubles installing the game, but when I get in I'll hit you guys up.us

Sounds good. Find myself, Griff or Swijr for invite in game. Also stick to the guild forums for info as well. That's the best place to gt any of us.

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#27]
How about using the ARFCOM XFire community to communicate across servers or to coordinate across allegiances?

Link Posted: 12/19/2011 11:58:08 PM EDT
[#28]
SERVERS UP!!!  GO! GO! GO!
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 12:58:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Now I can't get Main Assets 19 to install, it gets stuck at 27%. This fucking sucks.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 5:44:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Anyone on Kaiburr Crystal?
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 10:25:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Krylancelo] [#31]
I'm on Sanctum of the Exalted with a few RL friends and (funny enough) some WoW friends who I did not at all coordinate with! The MMO genre finds the same people in the same places sometimes. :)

Anyone on SotE? PM me, I'll add ya.

Sith side - Revostae (Sith Assassin)

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 1:02:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Krylancelo:
I'm on Sanctum of the Exalted with a few RL friends and (funny enough) some WoW friends who I did not at all coordinate with! The MMO genre finds the same people in the same places sometimes. :)

I'm not, but a friend of mine is. If you run into her, God help your sanity ;) I'll ask her what her name is.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 3:43:16 PM EDT
[#33]

I'm not, but a friend of mine is. If you run into her, God help your sanity ;) I'll ask her what her name is.

Is she hot?

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 6:45:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#34]
Just a quick PSA:

Every class in the game can have an item in each hand even those only wielding one weapon, or wielding a "big" weapon like a rifle.  For example, a Jedi guardian can hold a shield or a focus, a sage holds a focus, etc.

Additionally, when you choose your Advanced Class (which it done at lvl 10 BTW), you get a box with an item for your offhand.  

Finally, if you chose an AC that can use two weapons, you severely gimp yourself by not using the second weapon.

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 7:28:43 PM EDT
[#35]
So my sniper can have a shield too?

Just a quick PSA:

Every class in the game can have an item in each hand even those only wielding one weapon, or wielding a "big" weapon like a rifle.  For example, a Jedi guardian can hold a shield or a focus, a sage holds a focus, etc.

Additionally, when you choose your Advanced Class (which it done at lvl 10 BTW), you get a box with an item for your offhand.  

Finally, if you chose an AC that can use two weapons, you severely gimp yourself by not using the second weapon.

http://www.theparaverse.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/TheMoreYouKnow.gif

Link Posted: 12/20/2011 7:42:29 PM EDT
[#36]

Is she hot?

Extremely, but she describes herself as "the gayest girl on the planet." I've tried to convert her. Failed utterly.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 8:47:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#37]
Just a quick PSA:

Forgive me for being unclear.  

Each Advanced Class has a specific type of item that can be held in the offhand.  Only ACs that can tank (though they don't have to be specced for it) can use shield type offhands (an offhand that grant's a chance to absorb a percentage of incoming damage) .

The Imperial Agent ACs are the only two that I don't have first hand knowledge of, so I don't know the specific item that they hold in their offhand.

ETA: I just looked it up, Imperial Agents use a vibroblade.
Link Posted: 12/20/2011 8:54:00 PM EDT
[#38]

Just a quick PSA:

Forgive me for being unclear.  

Each Advanced Class has a specific type of item that can be held in the offhand.  Only ACs that can tank (though they don't have to be specced for it) can use shield type offhands (an offhand that grant's a chance to absorb a percentage of incoming damage) .

The Imperial Agent ACs are the only two that I don't have first hand knowledge of, so I don't know the specific item that they hold in their offhand.

ETA: I just looked it up, Imperial Agents use a vibroblade.

I'm still trying to figure out what to give the BH droid for his main hand.

Link Posted: 12/21/2011 1:31:52 AM EDT
[#39]
spent most of my night getting the datacrons on coruscant tonight.. tomorrow night i'll get tython, then head to ord mantell.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 1:36:08 AM EDT
[#40]
So how is the game?
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 1:41:07 AM EDT
[#41]

Originally Posted By cableguy221:

So how is the game?

I'm loving it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2011 3:34:54 AM EDT
[#42]
So how is the game?

A ton of fun so far.

Between release and beta, I've played every class except Imperial Agent and each has a different, but interesting story.

PvP is a lot of fun too, though I don't think the bolster system holds up when there's a large level difference.  By virtue of having more skills and abilities, between mostly equal players, the higher level should never lose.

I still can't decide which class I like best and I'm still switching among four different ones (Consular, Knight, Smuggler and Bounty Hunter).
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#43]

So how is the game?

Loving it.  The story and flash points are a blast.  PVP is great too when I'm using my Sith Sorcerer, not so much when using my Sith Juggernaut.  

I'm hooked and will eventually play the other story lines.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2011 8:04:51 AM EDT
[Last Edit: tyranid] [#44]
having tons of fun.  Currently a lvl 19 Mercenary on the east coast RP-PVP server.

Oh, Dark Side FTW
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 8:36:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#45]

So how is the game?

Loving it.  The story and flash points are a blast.  PVP is great too when I'm using my Sith Sorcerer, not so much when using my Sith Juggernaut.  

I have a Guardian and PvP didn't start to become fun until lvl 20 when I got Shien form.  I expect it to get better when more of the abilities come into play (30s?).

ETA:  Shien is from a skill tree, but the other trees start getting good things around there as well.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 11:03:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: metalsaber] [#46]

So how is the game?

I have a Guardian and PvP didn't start to become fun until lvl 20 when I got Shien form.  I expect it to get better when more of the abilities come into play (30s?).
ETA:  Shien is from a skill tree, but the other trees start getting good things around there as well.

I've level 23 Sorcerer and lvl 20 Juggernaut.  I've averaged 30+kills and < 5 deaths with my Sorcerer.  I've been averaging about 15kills and about 6 deaths with my Juggernaut.  In terms of XP, I usually get 9k-10k xp per warzone with Sorcerer vs 5-6k xp with the Juggernaut.  
Also, I believe I have that form for defense.  Again, it still sucks because once you use force jump, you're now STUCK.  You have no force run to get away and no real stun attacks.  You have no ranged attacks, so even if you use your ability to slow your pursuer down, they just kite you with electricity or whatever the rebels version of sorcerer has.  You just have to hope that you have a healer that keeps healing you.  

Link Posted: 12/21/2011 12:08:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#47]

Also, I believe I have that form for defense.  Again, it still sucks because once you use force jump, you're now STUCK.  You have no force run to get away and no real stun attacks.  You have no ranged attacks, so even if you use your ability to slow your pursuer down, they just kite you with electricity or whatever the rebels version of sorcerer has.  You just have to hope that you have a healer that keeps healing you.  

IMO, melee is at a huge disadvantage in this game.  It seems like I'm always in the middle of AOEs and the target for focus fire even though my (burst) dps is probably the worst in the game.  It's still fun though, and looks to get better when higher abilities are learned.

I have the best results when I use line of sight to avoid ranged fire and force a close confrontation - which isn't always possible.

I've topped the damage/kill chart a few times with my guardian, but I don't see the numbers that I do with my sage or gunslinger.

ETA: On a completely separate subject, the Imperial abilities/animations are 10x better than the Republic equivalents.  Lightning vs pebbles, force choke vs stasis, flamethrower and rockets vs lightning gun (?).  Smuggler and Agent is close though.  The only goofy looking Imperial ability is the BH Mercenary tracer missile.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 12:38:58 PM EDT
[#48]
I seem to do great with my level 26 Sith Assassin in PvP. Stealth helps a lot though.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 12:46:13 PM EDT
[#49]
1) what server are most of yall on?

2) what class is more pew pew(ie a mage) and less gay paladin shit?

I'm tempted to get it.
Link Posted: 12/21/2011 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#50]
I think everyone is on different servers.  
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top