BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How does this compare to Elite Dangerous?  Will a Thrustmaster  T16000m suffice going in?  Are any of the current starter packs worthwhile, or are there sales worth holding out for?
View Quote

I haven't played ED so I can't answer that unfortunately.  You can run most joysticks with it as far as I know.  I'm currently using a mouse and keyboard though.  They do a couple sales a year, including the occasional markdown around major holidays or free fly events.

Lowest cost to get the game is $45 if you just want multiplayer, or $65 for the single player campaign (when it releases) plus the multiplayer.  If you aren't in a rush, wait for a free fly event to give it a try before buying.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 7:09:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I am thinking about getting this game. I am gameless and looking to get into another game. I was Civ series and WOW gamer for a while and now just bored. Any tips or packages I should be on the lookout for?

I do not know much about the game other than it looks pretty cool and expansive.

I'll keep looking into it for now.
edit:
So this is like 2 games? or 1 with Squadron 42 an add-on MMORPG or PVP?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 7:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am thinking about getting this game. I am gameless and looking to get into another game. I was Civ series and WOW gamer for a while and now just bored. Any tips or packages I should be on the lookout for?

I do not know much about the game other than it looks pretty cool and expansive.

I'll keep looking into it for now.
View Quote
The game isn't expensive unless you go crazy backing it like some of us.  I think it's $45 for multiplayer only or $60 for single and multiplayer but I haven't looked in a while .  Someone will be along shortly to correct me I'm sure.

Edit:  All the ships people have paid for was to find the development.  You can get any of them in game.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 8:04:32 AM EDT
[#4]
How important is connection speed? My connection goes from good to pretty bad.

I think I am sold on the $65 Aurora package.

Any codes or just the one on page one of this thread?
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 9:04:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Trigger pulled

edit:
I downloaded the game and had the dreaded launch failure loop. I renamed the launcher and am updating the launcher download again. Now it has me reloading the 53gigs again?? WTF.

edit: It has been 3 days and I STILL cannot log-in

I have watched videos, read articles/discussions, I have a help ticket that gave advice which I followed to a "T" and still cannot log-on. I have surpassed the error screen, but now the game just wont load. I am not sure what to do
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 2:01:26 PM EDT
[#6]
I finally got this to work and holy shit! This is the most amazing game I have ever played. I have a 6gig card and it is working its ass off I think I will buy 16 more gigs of memory since I was just @ the 16G level which it the minimum.

I can't fly but I only played it for a few hours.

I was playing Elite Dangerous to practice, it helped somewhat. I still flew uncontrollably in circles for a while and crashed .
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:39:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I finally got this to work and holy shit! This is the most amazing game I have ever played. I have a 6gig card and it is working its ass off I think I will buy 16 more gigs of memory since I was just @ the 16G level which it the minimum.

I was playing Elite Dangerous to practice, it helped somewhat. I still flew uncontrollably in circles for a while and crashed .
View Quote

There's a new patch in closed testing that'll make things even prettier.  If we can get times lined up, I can get with my AK org and see if we can drag you around a few places to show you the ropes.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:44:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

There's a new patch in closed testing that'll make things even prettier.  If we can get times lined up, I can get with my AK org and see if we can drag you around a few places to show you the ropes.
View Quote

The game is definitely easier to get through with a Sherpa guide.
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#9]
3.13 is in testing.  I don't know the exact details for obvious reasons, but here's what I do know.

-refinery exteriors for variety
-more environmental systems coming online for visual polish on planets
-new asteroid generation system
-new cave entrances and cave diving FPS missions (assassination, kill everything, and rescue if I remember right)
-timed missions and QT sensitive (you explode if you QT) cargo
-shield effects v2
-mining subcomponent use
-UI reputation system
-tentative mission 'spawn closets' (where bad guys spawn when triggered)
-vehicle mounted guns use (mainly the turret on the MT I think since the Cyclone is the first one that you take physical control of the weapons)
-force reaction physics
-vehicle/ship naming and hull numbers
-visual wear and tear on ships
-Merlin/Connie ship to ship docking/undocking
-tentative ship to station docking
-push/pull mechanics

-Tumbril Cyclone MT variant (missiles and a turret)
-Nova Tank tentative
-Crusader C2 and M2 Hercules tentative
-MSR, Talon, and Shrike added to in game rental/purchase

Also... Epstein didn't kill himself.

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:00:19 AM EDT
[#10]
ZOMG I have crashed so many times

The Devs gave me a Dragonfly and about 15k worth of Aeud. Unfortunately, lost a bunch on gear and when I died.

I need a group. Just to be able to ask questions about stuff. I have to look it up while playing. I don't know if it is me not doing something right or the game glitching or both

Totally worth the coin though
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 4:52:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks North for starting up a new thread on this. I set up a discord for the 87th a while ago and then life took me and made me it's gimp. Everyone is welcome I check the org page for new apps about once a month. But if you get on the discord and let me know you applied I can do it soon as I see it. If anyone is a wizard at graphic arts and wants to update stuff they're more than welcome. Now that there might be a little bit more light at the end of the tunnel let's get active as an Org!

Discord - https://discord.gg/jCZXND9sUG
Org Page - https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/THE87TH
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 11:26:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I just Joined. Hands of the Oppressor.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 5:46:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Gotcha, I added a role bot so make sure to grab a role.
Link Posted: 3/27/2021 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#14]
[#15]
I really feel like we need 2 more members.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I really feel like we need 2 more members.
View Quote

We're at 87 officially now
Link Posted: 4/12/2021 5:06:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I finally managed to figure out a lot of stuff. I found an Organization. I haven't done anything with them but they have helped greatly with moral support and guidance. One player have both another newb player and myself 5million credits and told us to go buy some better ships and upgrade them.

I got a Freelancer Max, which I upgraded heavily, so I could transport my ROC. Since I have made approx. 500-600k mining. I have been struggling for the first week getting really frustrated. Now I pretty much have a process and I am doing pretty good. Today I mined 175k during a quick run. It was only a partial load but paid well.

I began running low on food so I had to stop. I try to keep food and water in my bag, but it rarely stays. So I get low and look and it is gone. That means I have to stop what I am doing, sell, store the ROC and head back to a port so I can log. I tried logging in space several times but it never works. I logged out once with my ROC stored in my Max. Logged back in got my Max and when to the HDMS to pick up my ROC and when i opened the bay there was already one inside . I drove the other in and it fit with tons of room left too. I mined for a while. Then on a whim tried to take the other ROC out and couldn't access the seat. Once I stored everything and logged out, then relogged back in it was gone.

My Max did something similar. I landed at Loreville and my ship exploded somehow after I landed and shut everything down. I woke in the HAB when to the terminal and put in a claim. then logged off. When I logged back on I had 2 Maxes. Unlike the ROC incident I can use both ships Pretty funny. I have kept the 2 ships now for the better part of a week too. Ill probably lose it but it is nice to have.
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Original thread  - https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/119-1493756/?page=1
Link Posted: 4/20/2021 8:47:43 PM EDT
[#19]
It's nice I find there are others in here who are into this game like me. I have been lurking around quite a bit just looking up specs  for my builds, That guy Vader especially for the home anodizing tutorial. I'm on and off the game either running packages or mining. It's pretty entertaining however to know that after a 63 NPC killing spree(thanks to twitch in area 18) I only got 12 hours in prison which I could just log out and be clear of it the next day. Right now, I'm running the clock out for the next version, the last were causing me some pretty hard CTD's which I thought could be detrimental to my system.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 8:38:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
It's nice I find there are others in here who are into this game like me. I have been lurking around quite a bit just looking up specs  for my builds, That guy Vader especially for the home anodizing tutorial. I'm on and off the game either running packages or mining. It's pretty entertaining however to know that after a 63 NPC killing spree(thanks to twitch in area 18) I only got 12 hours in prison which I could just log out and be clear of it the next day. Right now, I'm running the clock out for the next version, the last were causing me some pretty hard CTD's which I thought could be detrimental to my system.
View Quote

Join the Org and Discord!
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 3:41:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Patch 3.13 was pushed out today.  Bullet points below but full patch notes are on the RSI site.

-Ship to ship docking introduced, specifically the Connie/Merlin snub fighter
-SDF shield tech implemented
-Greycat Industrial ROC-DS 2 seat mining buggy
-Tumbril Cyclone MT buggy
-reputation system 1.0
-ship naming system 1.0 deployed for Crusader Mercury, Origin 600i and 890 Jump, Aegis Hammerhead and Reclaimer, and Anvil Carrack.  More ships coming soon.
-new FPS caving and cave missions
-new cargo and sensitive cargo missions
-Vehicle-Accessible Caves & Sinkholes (drive or flyable entrances)
-Hurston, Microtech, and Yela upgrades
-stagger/force reactions added/upgraded
-new mining gear
-ship wear and tear cosmetics implemented.  Ships will go back to 'shiny new' when repaired at a station.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Man, that all sounds awesome.

I have one ship, the Super Hornet which I purchased years ago it seems.  Only flying I did was around Olisar and the little mini missions they had at the time.  Once planets were introduced I landed at a couple of them.

I tried to log in about a month ago and was in a different spot where I needed to take a train to the port.  I took off and was very shortly blown up.  I guess there are flight rules at that place.  

Since then, I have not found the time to go through the learning curve again.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:29:22 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I have one ship, the Super Hornet which I purchased years ago it seems.  Only flying I did was around Olisar and the little mini missions they had at the time.  Once planets were introduced I landed at a couple of them.

I tried to log in about a month ago and was in a different spot where I needed to take a train to the port.  I took off and was very shortly blown up.  I guess there are flight rules at that place.  

View Quote

I’m not sure about stations but planetside major ports have departure paths and they’ll light you up if you leave the flight path too much. That’s probably what happened. Look for blue blinking rectangles to fly through. Once you’re out, go wherever though.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#24]
3.14 (q2 2021) could be interesting. Looks like lots of vehicles are getting added, possibly the Herc C/M2 unless that’s added in a 13.? patch, the redeemer and A2 gunships, Ares and Ion anti-cap fighters, etc.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Welcome to the verse.  My friend who loved Elite Dangerous and was super hyped (but also a bit sceptical because of retarded reasons) for SC.  When he first saw me walkout out on to a landing platform on port Olisar said "whoa".  Very shortly after he loved it more than ED.  And this was a while ago.  Before we had hardly ANY of what we have now.  I think this was way before they even did planetary landings if not was right after.  

Just be glad you didn't hop in when they had hover mode.  Unless you knew the trick for sorta disabling it it was extremely difficulty to take off it atmo. Like the slightest mistake the most, the most minuscule input would kill you instantly.  
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:47:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I'm not sure about stations but planetside major ports have departure paths and they'll light you up if you leave the flight path too much. That's probably what happened. Look for blue blinking rectangles to fly through. Once you're out, go wherever though.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not sure about stations but planetside major ports have departure paths and they'll light you up if you leave the flight path too much. That's probably what happened. Look for blue blinking rectangles to fly through. Once you're out, go wherever though.
I thought they took that out.  Havent seen it coming in.  And when I leave its pretty much look straight up and burn till top speed.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#27]
is anyone else finding this patch unplayable?

Bounty missions not popping up.
Bunker missions not working
Game breaking glitches(the one where you lose all control, cant even press escape to go to menu) that force you to close the game with task manager.   Maybe its the cursor glitch I heard someone talk about.
Hearing in game chat about qt issues.

Link Posted: 4/23/2021 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I thought they took that out.  Havent seen it coming in.  And when I leave its pretty much look straight up and burn till top speed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s possible they did, it’s been a minute since I’ve played because of a new job.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:32:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
is anyone else finding this patch unplayable?

Bounty missions not popping up.
Bunker missions not working
Game breaking glitches(the one where you lose all control, cant even press escape to go to menu) that force you to close the game with task manager.   Maybe its the cursor glitch I heard someone talk about.
Hearing in game chat about qt issues.

View Quote

you have to start at the beginning again on the bounty arc. At Port Oly take the first mission that you pay for. Then the next seems to show up at Hurston. The Hurston can be 2 different missions for 2 different bounty orgs, one hurston, one cursader. At hurston I got missions for bounties that are entrenched in caves. There are a lot of bad guys in the caves and you have to work through all of them to get to the bounty. The bounty missions start coming more often the more you complete. I also got a mission to assassinate 2 guys simultaneously but since I did not have a friend playing at the time I had to turn it down. Not sure if this mission was due to the bounties or not. You had to meet with a guy at Grim Hex to get it after he messages you for a meet up.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

you have to start at the beginning again on the bounty arc. At Port Oly take the first mission that you pay for. Then the next seems to show up at Hurston. The Hurston can be 2 different missions for 2 different bounty orgs, one hurston, one cursader. At hurston I got missions for bounties that are entrenched in caves. There are a lot of bad guys in the caves and you have to work through all of them to get to the bounty. The bounty missions start coming more often the more you complete. I also got a mission to assassinate 2 guys simultaneously but since I did not have a friend playing at the time I had to turn it down. Not sure if this mission was due to the bounties or not. You had to meet with a guy at Grim Hex to get it after he messages you for a meet up.
View Quote

I heard about the Rep wipe.  The cert missions don't seem to be spawning like they should.  Maybe I need to give it more time.  I did get the one for VLVTs.   I think It was the bounty hunters guild I got.  I didnt get a Northrock yet which was the group bounties last patch.  I got the certs for Hurston and crusader but after the game glitched and I let my self die I haven't gotten them again.   Hope what I experienced isn't indicative of the patch as a whole and is just server overload.  Based on past patch experience if a mission doesn't work its never going to until they fix it in a future patch.

Do you still get space bounties at Hurston?  I wanted to continue grinding single and group bounties their as I was making decent progress towards a Cat.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 1:24:39 AM EDT
[#31]
May have just been server issues because now just about everything is working right.  Bounty missions and cert missions are spawning like they should.  Northrock cert came up too. Tried another bunker mission but it got pulled just before I got in range to get a radar contact on the ground turrets.

So if this keeps up Ill be happy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2021 3:34:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Join the Org and Discord!
View Quote

Just submitted the application!
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 3:27:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I heard about the Rep wipe.  The cert missions don't seem to be spawning like they should.  Maybe I need to give it more time.  I did get the one for VLVTs.   I think It was the bounty hunters guild I got.  I didnt get a Northrock yet which was the group bounties last patch.  I got the certs for Hurston and crusader but after the game glitched and I let my self die I haven't gotten them again.   Hope what I experienced isn't indicative of the patch as a whole and is just server overload.  Based on past patch experience if a mission doesn't work its never going to until they fix it in a future patch.

Do you still get space bounties at Hurston?  I wanted to continue grinding single and group bounties their as I was making decent progress towards a Cat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been doing BH missions for the last 3 days and into the hard missions, which are easy. The missions are non-stop. It takes longer to travel. Some are kinda glitchy, where you need to wait for the mission to start once you reach the beacon. Make sure you take to Call To Arms mission as it gives bonuses for each class of criminal stat that is eliminated.

Link Posted: 4/25/2021 3:56:10 PM EDT
[#34]
All my ship upgrades for 3 ships disappeared. I'm pretty torqued about it since this is the second time.  Its about 2 million in credits to upgrade them and having the alternate load outs.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:40:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I've been doing BH missions for the last 3 days and into the hard missions, which are easy. The missions are non-stop. It takes longer to travel. Some are kinda glitchy, where you need to wait for the mission to start once you reach the beacon. Make sure you take to Call To Arms mission as it gives bonuses for each class of criminal stat that is eliminated.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hate it when I forget call to arms. Which thankfully is rarely.  They are coming in like they should for me now.
Link Posted: 4/25/2021 8:41:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone have input on trading?  Still heard it was broke.  Have been grinding up for a cat hoping to make 100k cargo runs but I heard it still broken.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 1:01:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
All my ship upgrades for 3 ships disappeared. I'm pretty torqued about it since this is the second time.  Its about 2 million in credits to upgrade them and having the alternate load outs.
View Quote

I'm pretty sure the progression gets wiped every major patch, with the exception being either cash purchases or the game getting pushed to live servers in Beta.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 1:29:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure the progression gets wiped every major patch, with the exception being either cash purchases or the game getting pushed to live servers in Beta.
View Quote

no I had them after the patch, it was yesterday they all disappeared along with the armor I was wearing.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 1:50:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

no I had them after the patch, it was yesterday they all disappeared along with the armor I was wearing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh, that's weird.  The only thing I can think of is to delete the /user folder and make the game recreate it with server side data.  Wouldn't be surprised if there's a bug though, but I haven't had the free time to log in since the patch.  New job is kicking my butt.
Link Posted: 4/26/2021 3:15:42 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They have not been wiping after every major patch. My progression has been saved for like the past year or so. I was confused about this and wanted to reset recently and the user accessible reset function was not working and setting me back to baseline. I contacted the concierge and they confirmed it's working as intended as they are not wiping after every patch. No idea if they are wiping on this new patch or not.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I lost armor the other day as well.
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:36:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Anyone else having problems playing?

Last night I had to turn my PC off 3 times because the game locked up trying to load so bad I could not open task manager or alt F4.  When I did get in the bounty mission I did glitched out and the last guy either didn't spawn or didn't register that I killed him.  Cant remember if the first guy was the one or not.  ON that last one it took way longer than usual to spawn.  This morning I again had to turn my PC off.   My friend also cant even get the game started when he was able to play fine right before the patch.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 8:52:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Well.. i bought a super hornet package back in the kickstarter days and have tried the game a couple times since.  Sounds like it's worth giving it a try again.  Any suggestions on how to get a clue?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Well.. i bought a super hornet package back in the kickstarter days and have tried the game a couple times since.  Sounds like it's worth giving it a try again.  Any suggestions on how to get a clue?
View Quote

Easiest would probably be trying to get on at the same time as other arf guys and coordinate through discord.  I've been busting my ass at work and haven't even had the time to download the newest patches yet.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:12:05 AM EDT
[#45]
The next free fly is May 22 through June 3.

Speaking of patches, here's the focus for the current PTU iteration:

Testing Focus:
General Stability and bugfixes
Ship to Station Docking
Tumbril Nova
Crusader C2 Hercules Starlifter
Crusader M2 Hercules Starlifter

Link Posted: 5/9/2021 3:13:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Hope they can fix things coming up.  With the Bengal in game and a Javelin interior you can walk through plus all the server overload from people trying it out I'm afraid its going to be an epic disaster.  They are going to have to get this right or get ridiculed heavily.  I'm shocked at how bad they have broken the game at this point.  For those that can play be happy that you can.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:48:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Invictus Launch Week and the free fly kicks off tomorrow as a FYI.  You'll be able to walk through a Javelin class destroyer and a Bengal carrier will be cruising around in game.  Safe to say if anyone attacks it, the AI crew will probably wreck your everything though.

Here's a list of dates and what ships you can fly for free during the event.
Event FAQ

May 21 – May 22

ROBERTS SPACE INDUSTRIES

RSI Aurora LN: Designed for dangerous combat situations, the Aurora LN comes with bigger shields and larger weapons that pack a punch.
RSI Constellation Andromeda: A multi-crew freighter with a modular design, the RSI Andromeda is one of the most iconic ships in the ‘verse.
RSI Constellation Aquila: Explore the stars and distant horizons thanks to an uprated sensor suite and redesigned cockpit that offer maximum visibility.
RSI Constellation Phoenix: A chariot of the gods, this converted luxury freighter is ideal for VIP transport.
RSI Mantis: Stop ships dead in their tracks with RSI’s premier quantum enforcer.
RSI Ursa Rover: Built specifically for the planetside explorer, it offers civilians military-grade all-terrain capabilities.

ORIGIN JUMPWORKS

Origin 325a: Origin’s sleek signature fighter, the 325a makes a great companion for finding your mark in style and sophistication.
Origin 125a: With a souped-up weapons package and trademark Origin refinement, the 125a is the ideal entry into luxury spaceflight.

CONSOLIDATED OUTLAND
CNOU Mustang Delta: The Mustang Delta is armed with heavier weapons and rocket pods to give new pilots a little more firepower.

ARGO ASTRONAUTICS

Argo MPUV-1C: A small, unarmed utility runabout designed for shuttling cargo.
Argo MPUV-1P: A compact utility shuttle built for moving personnel.

May 23 – May 24

AEGIS DYNAMICS

Aegis Avenger Stalker: A modified version of the Avenger catering to bounty hunters. Equipped with prison cells.
Aegis Avenger Titan: A former Advocacy patrol ship with added cargo capacity for light hauling.
Aegis Avenger Titan Renegade: Special-edition Avenger Titan with custom livery and a loadout geared to Arena Commander.
Aegis Avenger Warlock: A variant of the Avenger armed with an EMP generator to disable enemy vehicles.
Aegis Eclipse: A sleek stealth bomber armed with heavy torpedoes.
Aegis Gladius: An aging but agile light fighter boasting mid-range armament.
Aegis Gladius Valiant: Special-edition Gladius with custom livery and a loadout geared to Arena Commander.
Aegis Hammerhead: A multi-crew corvette bristling with manned turrets and heavy firepower.
Aegis Retaliator Bomber: A long-range, anti-capital-ship bomber. Covered in manned turrets and capable of launching Size 9 torpedoes.
Aegis Sabre: Favoring agility over durability, the Sabre is light, sleek, and deadly.
Aegis Sabre Comet: Special-edition of the Sabre with custom livery and a loadout geared to Arena Commander.
Aegis Vanguard Harbinger: A powerful bomber that can operate out of the roughest forward-operating bases.
Aegis Vanguard Hoplite: Long-range squad dropship with a manned turret for protection.
Aegis Vanguard Sentinel: Designed to fight smart instead of taking enemies head-on.
Aegis Vanguard Warden: Long-range heavy fighter with a manned turret.

May 25 – May 26

CRUSADER INDUSTRIES

Crusader Mercury Star Runner: Built with Crusader's trademark engineering and design principles, the Mercury checks all the boxes expected of a dependable courier vessel, and then some.
Crusader Hercules Starlifter C2: Utilizing the patented Hercules military-grade spaceframe and expanding cargo capacity, the C2 has taken the private sector by storm.
Crusader Hercules Starlifter M2: The M2's potent combination of capacity, maneuverability, and firepower make it the obvious choice in large-scale transport.

TUMBRIL LANDSYSTEMS

Tumbril Nova Tank: The Nova Tank offers a devastating selection of weaponry to easily eliminate threats on the ground and in the air.
Tumbril Cyclone AA: Features EMP functionality and an anti-air missile launcher to deter threats from above.
Tumbril Cyclone RN: Built to clear the fog of war, the recon variant of the Cyclone features a powerful scanner array.
Tumbril Cyclone TR: Support infantry with this combat buggy. Equipped with a mounted turret to provide cover fire for ground operations.
Tumbril Cyclone MT: Outfitted with a combination gun and missile turret, this module offers increased combat options in the field.

MUSASHI INDUSTRIAL & STARFLIGHT CONCERN

MISC Freelancer MIS: The Freelancer MIS is a limited-edition militarized variant of the classic merchant ship.
MISC Reliant Tana: An easy to maintain, versatile, lightweight fighter.
MISC Starfarer Gemini: The Starfarer is a dedicated fuel platform, with this military version sacrificing fuel capacity for armor and a missile launcher.
MISC Razor EX: Stealth-edition of the Razor outfitted with signature-reducing materials and low-draw components.

May 27 – May 28

ANVIL AEROSPACE

Anvil Arrow: Featuring an ultra-aerodynamic frame and slight profile, it’s the most agile ship in its class.
Anvil Ballista: This self-propelled air defense system is capable of destruction on a massive scale.
Anvil C8X Pisces: Ideal for inter-system travel or investigating tight spots inaccessible to larger ships, it’s a small ship ready for big adventures.
Anvil Carrack: Iconic multi-crew explorer ready for your next epic adventure.
Anvil F7C Hornet: Tough and dependable, the F7C is a textbook multi-purpose medium fighter.
Anvil F7C Hornet Wildfire: Special-edition of the F7C Hornet with custom livery and a loadout geared to Arena Commander.
Anvil F7C-M Hornet Super Hornet: A two-seater medium fighter with a heavy loadout.
Anvil F7C-R Hornet Tracker: Sacrificing the turret for an advanced radar system, the Hornet Tracker seeks what’s hidden.
Anvil F7C-S Hornet Ghost: Stealthy, silent, deadly – the Ghost keeps a low profile.
Anvil Gladiator: A ruggedly built two-person dive bomber.
Anvil Hawk: The perfect ship for independent bounty hunters or local security.
Anvil Hurricane: A heavy fighter with an almost excessive loadout. Includes a turret that punches through shields and defenses.
Anvil Terrapin: Heavily armored ship with a sophisticated scanner. Ideal for recon and exploration.
Anvil Valkyrie: A heavily armed dropship perfect for full-crew expeditions.

May 29 – May 30

DRAKE INTERPLANETARY

Drake Buccaneer: A light fighter that sacrifices durability (and its ejection seat!) for raw firepower.
Drake Caterpillar: A heavy multi-crew commercial freighter. Lightly armed with superior cargo capacity.
Drake Cutlass Black: Back in black, Drake’s pirate-favorite is a highly versatile ship with combat and cargo prowess.
Drake Cutlass Blue: The Cutlass Blue boasts missiles, a more powerful engine, and Durasteel holding cells in the cargo bay.
Drake Cutlass Red: The Cutlass Red converts the standard cargo hold into a well-equipped medical facility, including two MedBeds.
Drake Dragonfly Black: A two-seater grav-lev bike that easily traverses rough terrain or open space.
Drake Herald: No secret is safe. Drake’s Herald captures and stores information before leaving at blistering speed.

May 29 – June 01

INVICTUS WRAP UP
As Invictus Launch Week comes to a close, all vehicles from the previous days are available to rent for free from May 29 till June 1.
Don't forget, the Free Fly runs until June 3!
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 2:59:42 PM EDT
[#48]
Monocle holders got an email this morning about the new RSI Scorpius heavy fighter as well.  Think of it like a heavily upgunned X-Wing basically.  You've got your wing mounted guns and missiles, plus a turret that can slide from it's point defense position aft ventral to a dorsal position over the cockpit.  Wings lower and swing back when landed.

4x wing mounted S3 sockets with gimballed guns (so S2 with the gimbal, S3 without)
4x S3 guns on the remote turret
8x S2 missiles
2x crew

Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:01:42 PM EDT
[#49]
As neat as that fighter looks, I personally am not spending any major money on SC for a while as I have other priorities and want CIG to make more progress on the game before earning more of my cash.  I'll probably toss $20 at them for the paint jobs coming out during the event though.  

A new(er) vehicle and different place to live are a lot higher on the list of things to spend money on.
Link Posted: 5/20/2021 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Is there an over/under on when (or if) this ever makes it out of beta?
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top