Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 16
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 12:45:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to spawn vehicles inside of vehicles.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:12:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wow, where is that?  I haven't been hardly anywhere in the verse really but I haven't seen a planet like that.
View Quote

Probably Microtech, but CIG is going back and adding biomes or other enhancements to the current planets/moons as well.  Microtech is freaking cool though, no pun intended.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I can't tell you how excited I am to be able to spawn vehicles inside of vehicles.
View Quote

I cannot wait, I’ve stored and retrieved the carrack with rover, roc and pisces and so far it’s works great but a crash and you’re back at square one

So far I’ve only had one accident when loading a vehicle, the main issue is having the outpost store your ship if you get a wee bit too close when you’re trying to get the vehicle in the first place.

Quoted:

Probably Microtech, but CIG is going back and adding biomes or other enhancements to the current planets/moons as well.  Microtech is freaking cool though, no pun intended.
View Quote

Yup, it’s my favorite planet thus far. I’ve read they want to do settlements on planets and who knows the existent of it but I’ve found the perfect place for myself. It’s the second photo of the carrack during sun set. So if it pans out claiming your own chunk than that’s my spot
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:05:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, every time I've been to microtech its a stormy nasty mess.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 10:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
Can we do that yet?
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 2:36:16 PM EDT
[#6]
I've made 1.4 million from my 10K starting money doing bounties and 890 missions. My Vanguard is fully upgraded module wise and then .......the dreaded can't pull your ship bug. I had to do a reset and lost 500K in upgrades on the ship and all my bounty hunter rep as well as all my personal weapon magazines.

I was about to buy a Cutlass in game and a Roc to start mining but it looks like its back to doing some more bounties again.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 3:10:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Can we do that yet?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we do that yet?

It's part of the docking card item in the roadmap.  Frankly that's one of the more incredible items and it's planned for the next release.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 5:06:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow, every time I've been to microtech its a stormy nasty mess.
View Quote

@emt322636 when you leave Quantum arriving at the planet, aim for the more brownish type areas and try to hit the sunny side. It truly is a fantastic biome.
Link Posted: 1/1/2021 7:26:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Duct Tape helmet is tier 1 in the future. $100/roll and you too can be space tactical

Link Posted: 1/1/2021 8:07:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me know if anyone wants to get in some mining or cargo runs sometime.  I'm not too in to the combat side but I'll man a turret or whatever.
Link Posted: 1/3/2021 12:45:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Let me know if anyone wants to get in some mining or cargo runs sometime.  I'm not too in to the combat side but I'll man a turret or whatever.
View Quote

I have an ARGO Mole we could run, farm up some of the good stuff and get some good refined loads going. Split the $$$. Running an Argo Mole solo is challenging but fun, much easier floating in an asteroid field since you have to leave the pilot seat to get to one of the mining lasers. I have been jumped by pirates a lot lol

Hopefully they hotfix the game once they get back from vacation, been hauling the same load of Titanium around for a day, trying to sell. Terminals won't populate, so I have been flying around and enjoying how good the game looks.

Waiting for Trade Terminal to populate at lorville

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:46:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Been having much more success at trading terminals lately. Also the Perseus goes off concept sale this week. Wonder what concept sale is next . CIG would be foolish to stop them given the coin they bring in.
Link Posted: 1/13/2021 12:59:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If you find one let me know. I love the freelancer max, just don't do what I did and park a ROC under the rear turret and get over zealous trying to enter the ROC, only to enter the turret. I yeeted the ROC through the ship when the turret seat came down and the ship exploded.

In case anyone is interested in GameGlass, I am sure they're much better options but I am just feeling this out. So far a lot of fun, its subscription based. Can be used free, and you can "buy" the shards for the stuff you want(mining for example) or you sub($3 month) and get access to all the shards/updates. Need a host app on your desktop, I am using an old 9.7" ipad for the app. So far I can do almost any ship control from my tablet, that includes mining(activating the laser, the different heads etc)

I bought a cheapie universal tablet mount, and mounted that bitch on my desk. I am tier 0 flight sim cockpit

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487048/IMG_0623_jpg-1755747.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone know of any active orgs or groups that concentrate on mining or transport?  I'm not really in to the PVP combat stuff.  I have a prospector and a freelancer MAX and enjoy mining and transporting for $$$.   I've been off of SC since January but I want to get back into it with more of a group type play instead of freelancing solo.

If you find one let me know. I love the freelancer max, just don't do what I did and park a ROC under the rear turret and get over zealous trying to enter the ROC, only to enter the turret. I yeeted the ROC through the ship when the turret seat came down and the ship exploded.

In case anyone is interested in GameGlass, I am sure they're much better options but I am just feeling this out. So far a lot of fun, its subscription based. Can be used free, and you can "buy" the shards for the stuff you want(mining for example) or you sub($3 month) and get access to all the shards/updates. Need a host app on your desktop, I am using an old 9.7" ipad for the app. So far I can do almost any ship control from my tablet, that includes mining(activating the laser, the different heads etc)

I bought a cheapie universal tablet mount, and mounted that bitch on my desk. I am tier 0 flight sim cockpit

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/487048/IMG_0623_jpg-1755747.JPG

Galactic Haulers Guild (GHG) is the org I'm in, Gray Headed Gamer (GHG) is the streamer who runs it.  Lot of smart dudes in the org who really dive into the weeds and stay on top of things.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 12:16:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Galactic Haulers Guild (GHG) is the org I'm in, Gray Headed Gamer (GHG) is the streamer who runs it.  Lot of smart dudes in the org who really dive into the weeds and stay on top of things.
View Quote

I got in with united earth mining corp.  Lots of fun and good money to be made working together with scouts, prospectors/moles and security.  They can really sniff out the quantanium.

I would still like to do some more cargo type stuff,  I might have to look that org up.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:19:37 AM EDT
[#15]
For those who have looked into it more than myself, how does the system work as far as joining multiple Orgs?  I like my current one, but it's a bit small for trying to join/organize multi-crew play other than on very rare occasion.  Since I have a couple medium ships (Carrack, C2, Mole), having a crew of 3-5 is almost a must to operate those to full effect.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 8:05:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For those who have looked into it more than myself, how does the system work as far as joining multiple Orgs?  I like my current one, but it's a bit small for trying to join/organize multi-crew play other than on very rare occasion.  Since I have a couple medium ships (Carrack, C2, Mole), having a crew of 3-5 is almost a must to operate those to full effect.
View Quote

Unless things have changed, you can have one primary org (which allows you to hold higher rank in the org) and unlimited affiliate orgs.  However, your primary org can restrict affiliate membership, although I'm not sure why any org would be that sweaty at this point.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:10:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Dang I didn't know this game was still in development.  Are any of the starter packages a killer deal?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:46:58 PM EDT
[#18]
All of the starter packs are pretty even.  One may be a little more capable of doing cargo, or be a little better at combat.  But they are in the end going to be starter ships.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 2:28:09 AM EDT
[#19]
She's so pretty  On schedule for March rollout too.  I have zero idea what I'll use mine for, but I'll figure it out later.  If the bomb bay on the A2 didn't take half the cargo away from my M2 (468 to 234) I'd consider it for twice the computers, power plants, 2 more S4 turrets, more guns, etc.  But that's a kick in the balls for cargo.

Btw, here's the new updated roadmap/progress tracker.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:35:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Duct Tape helmet is tier 1 in the future. $100/roll and you too can be space tactical

https://i.imgur.com/OP6jprD.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ajzpgi3.jpg

View Quote

That is most halal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 3:36:59 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
She's so pretty  On schedule for March rollout too.  I have zero idea what I'll use mine for, but I'll figure it out later.  If the bomb bay on the A2 didn't take half the cargo away from my M2 (468 to 234) I'd consider it for twice the computers, power plants, 2 more S4 turrets, more guns, etc.  But that's a kick in the balls for cargo.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/6z8ixnqrjwbwsr/source/Starlifter_Exterior_Logo.jpg
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/q4pmi4cwfztqur/source/Starlifter_Hold_Logo.jpg
View Quote
That is pretty sweet. I get a boner every time I see the Perseus and Polaris though. Here's to hoping the Polaris is rolled out this year as they are continuing work on it.

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:11:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/6z8ixnqrjwbwsr/source/Starlifter_Exterior_Logo.jpg
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/q4pmi4cwfztqur/source/Starlifter_Hold_Logo.jpg
View Quote

I bought my C2 primarly to haul shit for my org and as a cargo hauler (when things are stable enough to safely haul expensive bulk cargo).  Hard to beat it for either purpose.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:13:08 AM EDT
[#23]
I usually only go Warbond, but the Perseus was outside my budget.  Just toooo damned cool, though, so the Orion got mined, lol.  The way i figure it, if I can get a handful of buddies playing, we're most likely gonna wanna blow up other ships, not space rocks.

Have the Hercules, too, can't wait to start flying that thing.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:19:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Finally got my Mercury Star Runner.  Had to use the grey market to get it but the thing is so damned cool, I feel like I'm in the millennium falcon with the hidden compartments and asymmetrical setup lol
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:13:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Finally got my Mercury Star Runner.  Had to use the grey market to get it but the thing is so damned cool, I feel like I'm in the millennium falcon with the hidden compartments and asymmetrical setup lol
View Quote

I really like it for the purpose of just getting a couple buddies together and going out to do just about anything (ROC mining, data running, cargo hauling, light combat, etc).  At this point the only change I would make is to 1) remove the second bathroom and replace it with 1-2 armor lockers, 2) swap the elevator with a stairway, 3) add a secondary entrance/docking port (devs already said that this was an oversight and they may re-look at this), 4) fix the fuel consumption (I suspect they will adjust this down the road) rate.  #1, #2 and #3 are by no means deal-killers though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 11:16:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I really like it for the purpose of just getting a couple buddies together and going out to do just about anything (ROC mining, data running, cargo hauling, light combat, etc).  At this point the only change I would make is to 1) remove the second bathroom and replace it with 1-2 armor lockers, 2) swap the elevator with a stairway, 3) add a secondary entrance/docking port (devs already said that this was an oversight and they may re-look at this), 4) fix the fuel consumption (I suspect they will adjust this down the road) rate.  #1, #2 and #3 are by no means deal-killers though.
View Quote

Yea I agree the elevator is annoying, and the fuel rate was surprising.  A side door or hatch or something would be nice, but I still love the ship lol.

The glitch where loaded cargo doesn't show up in the hold is super annoying to me, I love the immersion of getting in to my ship and seeing all my valuable cargo destined for the 30k void lol.  
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 3:13:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Inside Star Citizen: River's Edge | Winter 2021
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That is pretty sweet. I get a boner every time I see the Perseus and Polaris though. Here's to hoping the Polaris is rolled out this year as they are continuing work on it.

https://media.robertsspaceindustries.com/wzzgz1hzpl4bs/source.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boinnggg
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 4:21:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Anti-archive bump. Anyone do a Xeno threat mission yet?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 5:29:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Boinnggg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Boinnggg

I’ve got a Polaris in my hangar.  I have a problem.  Not quite as bad as Twelvepack, but still.  
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 10:34:16 AM EDT
[#31]
So I got this game a long time ago when a friend showed me the trailer and told me what it was all about.  Tried playing it but basically no tutorial and I did not have any friends playing at the time.

Is there a tutorial now to understand the game better?  Anyone up for showing this space fudd how things work?  Probably wouldn't be on until the weekend but would love to give it a go.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:17:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I’ve got a Polaris in my hangar.  I have a problem.  Not quite as bad as Twelvepack, but still.  
View Quote

Listen here, buddy, I'll have you know I upgraded to the Perseus from an Orion, it's not like I willy-nilly buy every ship I want!

And it's only a problem if the wife scrutinizes the Amazon bill too closely, until then I can keep blaming the bill on her Amazon addiction.

See, no problem!

Link Posted: 2/11/2021 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
So I got this game a long time ago when a friend showed me the trailer and told me what it was all about.  Tried playing it but basically no tutorial and I did not have any friends playing at the time.

Is there a tutorial now to understand the game better?  Anyone up for showing this space fudd how things work?  Probably wouldn't be on until the weekend but would love to give it a go.
View Quote

There isn't a tutorial yet since stuff is still changing.  If you'll be up later on Saturday night and have Discord, one of the orgs I'm in is going a flight night and we could probably show you around.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

There isn't a tutorial yet since stuff is still changing.  If you'll be up later on Saturday night and have Discord, one of the orgs I'm in is going a flight night and we could probably show you around.
View Quote

I appreciate the offer.  I am going to try to get on this evening and poke around and see what I can figure out myself so I am not a total anchor weight when someone shows me the ropes.  I will keep you posted about Saturday!
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I appreciate the offer.  I am going to try to get on this evening and poke around and see what I can figure out myself so I am not a total anchor weight when someone shows me the ropes.  I will keep you posted about Saturday!
View Quote

I'm working all weekend but youtube would be a good resource for you.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Salvaging Is Coming, New Tools, Weapons & Roadmap Additions | Star Citizen Roadmap
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 12:04:07 AM EDT
[#37]
The docking is what I’m looking forward to out of the next release.  That opens up a lot of stuff that’s been waiting for a while.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Bump-a-lump.  Who's getting the starlifter?
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 3:45:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

“Getting?” Been got for a while.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bought a C2 a while back.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 12:54:37 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thought about trading my 890J for that beauty.  Didn't...should have...
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 3:19:14 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Thought about trading my 890J for that beauty.  Didn't...should have...
View Quote

You can still CCU them right now.  CIG put out a notice that the price will be going up once it hits flight ready in the upcoming weeks.  Sounds like it'll be notably larger than they thought it would be in the concept.  Kinda how the Banu is closer to the original Idris size now.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 3:36:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Not my video, but someone recorded the big fight at the end of the Xenothreat event.  I was doing it with one of my Orgs, but accidentally friendly fired an AI connie doing the event.  Btw, a Connie will straight up wreck a MSR.  Like I didn't last 30 seconds trying to get away at full afterburner when it lit me up.  Cutlasses can't really take down the MSR shields, but that Connie straight up gutted me.  Then I spent the rest of the event trying to get out of space prison because I earned a crimestat.

Star Citizen - XenoThreat Battle
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Not my video, but someone recorded the big fight at the end of the Xenothreat event.  I was doing it with one of my Orgs, but accidentally friendly fired an AI connie doing the event.  Btw, a Connie will straight up wreck a MSR.  Like I didn't last 30 seconds trying to get away at full afterburner when it lit me up.  Cutlasses can't really take down the MSR shields, but that Connie straight up gutted me.  Then I spent the rest of the event trying to get out of space prison because I earned a crimestat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yg86MQz-KP0
View Quote

Yeah, that is currently the one thing that can be said about the Connie vs the MSR... any of the Connie variants are much more up-gunned.  I am kind of surprised it took out a MSR quite that quickly however; MSRs are pretty tanky and fast.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#45]
I had a great day farming criminals. I made 1.3 million in about 4 hours and only died once due to an asteroid impact. I was on the same server for 4 hours without a crash even.

Link Posted: 3/4/2021 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#46]
Shot from the Xeno threat event a few weeks back.

Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:02:41 PM EDT
[#47]
So is this where I start?

Can you fly in VR?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/play-now
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 9:47:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
So is this where I start?

Can you fly in VR?

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/star-citizen/play-now
View Quote

VR isn't enabled yet, but yes. I’d wait until a free fly event so you can try out the persistent universe without having to buy in.   If you use referral code STAR-BDBQ-VZV3 when making an account we’ll both get some goodies when the full game launches.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 3:57:56 PM EDT
[#49]
https://www.firesprite.com/news/2021/03/cloud-imperium-games-and-firesprite-unveil-development-partnership-for-star-citizen-multiplayer-mode/

Interesting. Combined arms style PvP mode. Start planetside, fight to ships, atmo combat, then orbital combat and space station boarding in one mode.
Link Posted: 3/18/2021 7:45:11 PM EDT
[#50]
How does this compare to Elite Dangerous?  Will a Thrustmaster  T16000m suffice going in?  Are any of the current starter packs worthwhile, or are there sales worth holding out for?
Page / 16
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top