Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/20/2023 8:47:32 AM EDT
I know there are SC players here.

I backed this game when it was first announced. I’ve got a base Origin Jump Works 300i and haven’t played it in years.

In fact the only time I played it was back when they first introduced space exploration and missions and I spent a few hours trying to figure out how to do stuff and was followed around by a group of other players who would attack me for no reason and kept blowing my ship up. Needless to say I never played it again.

Fast forward to yesterday and I found a video on YouTube called War for Jump Town or something like that and it was a bunch of guys playing SC raiding some little outpost. It looked really good and people seemed to be working together.

So I logged into my account and spent the next couple of hours downloading the game. I hopped in game with my brother and messed around.

But I don’t know what the heck I’m doing. Like I said I’ve got a base 300i and I set my starting location to Orisin and I couldn’t even get out of atmosphere to link up with my brother whom was on Hur 5 or something like that.

Would anyone here be willing to teach a newb how to do stuff and be my friend?

Keep in mind I’m in the process of moving so my time is kind of limited until I actually move. But I’ll definitely be down to get in game for a few hours a couple nights until I officially moved where I can dedicate more time.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 11:48:40 AM EDT
[#1]
You've been on more recently than me but if you get a group together I'm game.  I have a few ships to share too: Carrack, P8, Terrapin, 300i, Constellation Andromeda, Dragonfly.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 12:06:36 PM EDT
[#2]
There was a thread on SC around here but I can't find it and it was active enough that it should not have been archived.

Link Posted: 2/20/2023 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There was a thread on SC around here but I can't find it and it was active enough that it should not have been archived.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The last two threads have been archived that I saw.

Quoted:
You've been on more recently than me but if you get a group together I'm game.  I have a few ships to share too: Carrack, P8, Terrapin, 300i, Constellation Andromeda, Dragonfly.

How easy is it to make money? I don’t want to spend any more real money on ships.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

How easy is it to make money? I don't want to spend any more real money on ships.
View Quote
Not bad but I don't know how long it would take to make enough money to buy a ship with in-game money.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not bad but I don't know how long it would take to make enough money to buy a ship with in-game money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How easy is it to make money? I don't want to spend any more real money on ships.

Guess I’ll just be stuck with my 300i forever. Or maybe I’ll use my upgrade to upgrade it to a 325a for $10.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 3:24:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I have found it does not take long doing bounties to make a few mil to buy ships in game. Once you get something like an Eclipse where you can size nine torp extreme risk bounties, money is easy to get then.

This is all based on 3.16 patch because I have not played lately and I heard they were making bounties harder to make cash quick.
Link Posted: 2/20/2023 5:59:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm going to try farming gems. Watched a video of a decent place to get some gems fairly easy. That is if I could ever get out of the atmosphere on Orison.
Link Posted: 2/21/2023 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#8]
I managed to get off Osirin and the whole space thing is pretty cool. I went to Celin to a farm there to get some gear to sell. Didn’t have a big enough backpack so I couldn’t loot everything. Not that it mattered anyway, for whatever reason my inventory keeps disappearing so I couldn’t sell anything because it said I didn’t have anything.

If anyone wants to add me my screen name on Star Citizen is The-Tallest. I can’t get my mic to work so I do the whole chat thing until I can figure out what’s going on with my mic.
Link Posted: 2/23/2023 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Old thread got archived.

Arf corp https://robertsspaceindustries.com/orgs/THE87TH

Arf SC Discord

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/24/2023 9:38:07 AM EDT
[#10]
I rage quit the game. Haven’t played it in a few days. I died 4 times doing the initial bounty hunter mission and lost everything in my inventory. When I say everything I even lost the shit that was in my local inventory. This also included the armor I was wearing. I couldn’t find my body to see if my shit was there.

I haven’t made any money doing any jobs or going on loot hunts because the game’s inventory system is a fucking train wreck.

I went in a loot hunt in one of the systems, grabbed all this stuff I was going to sell and by the time I got back to a system my inventory was empty. There was nothing in local, nothing in my backpack, legs, chest, nothing on my ship. It was all gone. Even the early access stuff I got for backing the game in 2016 is gone.

Whatever money I started the game out with is used on resupplying myself.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 2:42:45 AM EDT
[#11]
I really want to like this game.  I have been able to grab a few ships, Cutlass Black, Harbringer, Reflex and a Prospect.

The bugs in this otherwise amazing game just kill it.  I bought the fighter and the missiles keep bugging out to the point I have to go back and buy them all over again.

I constantly fall in to small holes that I should be able to pull my self out of and then have to restart the game and lose everything I have.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I really want to like this game.  I have been able to grab a few ships, Cutlass Black, Harbringer, Reflex and a Prospect.

The bugs in this otherwise amazing game just kill it.  I bought the fighter and the missiles keep bugging out to the point I have to go back and buy them all over again.

I constantly fall in to small holes that I should be able to pull my self out of and then have to restart the game and lose everything I have.
View Quote

There's several ships I'd like but there's just no way in hell I'm dropping real coin on them. In game money, absolutely but not real money. The issue is, I cant seem to get started making money by doing in game things because the game is a buggy mess.
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:28:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

There's several ships I'd like but there's just no way in hell I'm dropping real coin on them. In game money, absolutely but not real money. The issue is, I cant seem to get started making money by doing in game things because the game is a buggy mess.
View Quote

Yeah I agree completely.  I do not understand how people will dump real money for this mess.

I was doing good for a while making 25k a mission.  Then my ship went tits up three times in a row.  Total bs
Link Posted: 2/26/2023 8:59:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Double tap
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 4:05:44 PM EDT
[#15]
We had some awesomely fun nights in the ARFCom discord.

You kind of have to take the bugs in stride.  Yeah, it sucks but at least you're with friends laughing about it.  I can't play it by myself anymore because I lose all patience.

I've spent some real money on the game.  A few of the guys have spent lots of real money on the game.

It's definitely more fun running missions with guys.  Usually you can get your stuff back when it glitches because someone is there to pick up your junk.
Link Posted: 2/28/2023 5:27:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We had some awesomely fun nights in the ARFCom discord.

You kind of have to take the bugs in stride.  Yeah, it sucks but at least you're with friends laughing about it.  I can't play it by myself anymore because I lose all patience.

I've spent some real money on the game.  A few of the guys have spent lots of real money on the game.

It's definitely more fun running missions with guys.  Usually you can get your stuff back when it glitches because someone is there to pick up your junk.
View Quote

It’s kind of hard to take the bugs in stride when you crash, die, wake up in a medic bay only to open your inventory and find everything is gone and your completely naked and your QT marker for your body is not there.

Link Posted: 3/3/2023 9:33:59 AM EDT
[#17]
That game has been in development for like 6 plus years. Just a money making scheme it will never be fully released.
Link Posted: 3/3/2023 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That game has been in development for like 6 plus years. Just a money making scheme it will never be fully released.
View Quote

You’re probably not wrong.
Link Posted: 3/8/2023 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I had gotten back into it last year but honestly I'm about done with it.  They've gotten several hundred out of me and I've come to accept, after 3 years of hearing that new star systems are just around the corner, that i'm unlikely to ever play it for real.  Hanging out with murder hobos all crammed into the same 1/2 dozen locations and now needing to buy 10 of everything AND shuttle the shit around between stations to store it and being subject to loss there too is too much.  

I'm kinda just waiting for Starfield to be released and spend the rest of my time being disappointed by Elite Dangerous.
Link Posted: 3/10/2023 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I didn’t even realize the old thread was archived. 3.18 just got pushed to players.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18846-Alpha-318-Lasting-Legacies
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 11:26:55 PM EDT
[#21]
Did one of the new Lyria missions tonight and shot up some npcs.  Fun!
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 3:43:22 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I didn’t even realize the old thread was archived. 3.18 just got pushed to players.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/18846-Alpha-318-Lasting-Legacies
View Quote

I had read 3.18 broke a lot of stuff. I shelved the game a few weeks ago because my game was broken before 3.18 so I can't imagine how broken it is now.
Link Posted: 3/26/2023 11:27:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Just built a new gaming pc and one of the main reasons was for this game.  

I only played a couple days pre 3.18. Post has been buggy as hell but they pushed out some hot fixes and are about to drop 3.18.1 (it's live on the PTU).   There are still bugs but it's very playable.  Rumor is they will wipe again for 3.18.1.

Aside from the bugs, I'm still loving the game.  It makes a huge difference playing with a group,  

I have a cutlass black, buccaneer and the new vulture.  Salvage is awesome.  Even more so as a group in a reclaimer or several vultures and a caterpillar.  Solo salvage nets me 94k+ for about 20-30min work.

The game, by design, is unforgiving.  Die and you lose you shit.  But now that it's a persistent universe.  You can go back to your body and get your gear back.   I crashed my cutlass. Spawned, grabbed my Vulture. Salvaged the cutlass I just crashed and grabbed the gear off my dead body.

Inventory is more realistic than any game I've played. Gear you buy at a station stays on that station unless you physically take it with you.  

Same user name on Star Citizen if you want to add.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 7:41:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Just built a new gaming pc and one of the main reasons was for this game.  

I only played a couple days pre 3.18. Post has been buggy as hell but they pushed out some hot fixes and are about to drop 3.18.1 (it's live on the PTU).   There are still bugs but it's very playable.  Rumor is they will wipe again for 3.18.1.

Aside from the bugs, I'm still loving the game.  It makes a huge difference playing with a group,  

I have a cutlass black, buccaneer and the new vulture.  Salvage is awesome.  Even more so as a group in a reclaimer or several vultures and a caterpillar.  Solo salvage nets me 94k+ for about 20-30min work.

The game, by design, is unforgiving.  Die and you lose you shit.  But now that it's a persistent universe.  You can go back to your body and get your gear back.   I crashed my cutlass. Spawned, grabbed my Vulture. Salvaged the cutlass I just crashed and grabbed the gear off my dead body.

Inventory is more realistic than any game I've played. Gear you buy at a station stays on that station unless you physically take it with you.  

View Quote
You could salvage and reclaim your gear prior to 3.18 too. The problem with my game is that my shit was disappearing before I got back to it and no, no one was scavenging my stuff. It was just gone. It wasn't even what I lost at the crash site. Each time I'd load back in stuff from my personal inventory would disappear including all backing items. It got to the point that I loaded in the last time with absolutely nothing in any inventory. The last time I played I literally loaded in with the hospital scrub I woke up in and nothing else.

I’d add you but there’s literally no point in me playing anymore. I have no items, am naked and have no money to resupply. I literally can not do anything in game anymore unless I want to spend real money; which I do not.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 12:52:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'll do so this evening.  East coast player here.
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 5:20:53 PM EDT
[#26]
I just installed for the first time since the persistent universe launched. I bought a LTI Super Hornet but that seems like a terrible choice for a starter. I've been riding in the back of my buddy's avenger looting stuff, but this is clearly not a viable solution long term.
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Sadly, the Corsair doesn't seem to be available at.  Bought a Taurus for some cargo runs.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 2:35:43 PM EDT
[#28]
I backed it at the way beginning.

Had high hopes and played a bit of the 'demo' it was back then. Forgot about it until 6 months ago when I randomly saw something that mentioned it. I couldn't install the game fast enough thinking I must have been missing out on years worth of gameplay and how awesome its going to be and how much time I was going to end up sinking into it.

Took about 4-5 days to get past the learning curve, keymaps, how it all works, where the hell is my ship, etc.

I kept thinking that I was missing something. Like why is everything empty? Why is there really nothing to do? Where is everyone? There's no way this is all of the gameplay and then.....yes, yes, 11 years of development, still in Alpha and gameplay past taking screenshots, doing broken missions over and over and just randomly doing basically...nothing....is the game.

They were supposed to have 100 systems at some point - they barely have 1. Every 'update' is mostly small and meaningless. The last one was bigger and was basically the first actual content patch in 18 months - it basically broke the game for a month.

Game loops are extremely 1 dimensional. Bounty Hunting consists of you just getting a beacon that follows another player around 24/7 and shooting them. Mining is a little mini game where you can find the most valuable ore within 10 minutes and rinse/repeat. Exploring is non existent as there is 1 system and absolutely nothing on planets to explore as there has been nothing generated on them. It's mostly all missions you'd see in a single player game. There's barely any NPCs anywhere. Absolutely none in space other than 'security' outside of stations.

Between the tech debt, the absolute absurd amount of time it takes them to do ANYTHING, and a weird focus on pre selling ships that don't exist over actually making the game work just made me say fuck this.

I played through literally 11 years of development in 2 weeks. Think about that.

I don't think its a scam. It's just Chris Roberts and his complete incompetence to do anything, on display.

Link Posted: 4/15/2023 12:49:45 AM EDT
[#29]
I donated a lot of capital to their platform which did nothing but fail us. They replaced original plank-owner ships and screwed everyone. I am done. 4 years ago done.
Link Posted: 4/15/2023 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#30]
I've been waiting for either the salvage mechanics  to be implemented or the Polaris or Perseus to be released before I start playing again. Although it's a bit weak, the first iteration of salvaging is in, so I might hop on finally start playing again with the Reclaimer.
Link Posted: 4/17/2023 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Joined an active org and having a blast.  :)
Link Posted: 4/22/2023 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Username is Lextalonis if anyone doesn't have me and wants to add me.

I'm likely going to be jumping into PTR since it sounds more stable than the released version.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 10:37:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Xenothreat attacks going on through early May!
Link Posted: 5/29/2023 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Just joined the game purchased an Anvil Pisces C8X, so far I’m loving the game. I’m currently doing delivery missions and I’m part of an active org doing bounties as a space door gunner
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:52:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Just joined the game purchased an Anvil Pisces C8X, so far I’m loving the game. I’m currently doing delivery missions and I’m part of an active org doing bounties as a space door gunner
View Quote

Door Gunner... Cutty Steel or Space Shuttle???
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 7:22:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

More than 10 years now...

Quoted:
I don't think its a scam. It's just Chris Roberts and his complete incompetence to do anything, on display.

I think that is an aspect of it - the same type of thing that prevents George R.R. Martin from finishing his A Song of Ice and Fire series - but when they allowed a guy to buy a 10% stake in the company in 2018, as well as the changes to prevent refunds, it really made me question what was going on. I now think the game will never release.

Even if you buy the argument that they needed to develop new technology to achieve the vision for the Persistent Universe, there's no reason why Squadron 42 hasn't come out. That's the clearest sign that everything is a huge scam.

Unfortunately I bought into the hype and bought a number of ships. I was able to sell many of them years ago, but I'm still stuck with quite a few.

ETA: there used to be a google doc with Arfcomer's fleets listed, but I don't know what happened to it.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

More than 10 years now...

I think that is an aspect of it - the same type of thing that prevents George R.R. Martin from finishing his A Song of Ice and Fire series - but when they allowed a guy to buy a 10% stake in the company in 2018, as well as the changes to prevent refunds, it really made me question what was going on. I now think the game will never release.

Even if you buy the argument that they needed to develop new technology to achieve the vision for the Persistent Universe, there's no reason why Squadron 42 hasn't come out. That's the clearest sign that everything is a huge scam.

Unfortunately I bought into the hype and bought a number of ships. I was able to sell many of them years ago, but I'm still stuck with quite a few.

ETA: there used to be a google doc with Arfcomer's fleets listed, but I don't know what happened to it.
View Quote

The Arfcom Armada doc can be found here.
Link Posted: 6/8/2023 8:09:31 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm on there and the ARFcom Discord as "TH3_SHADOW".

Send me an invite, I'm down to play or show you the ropes, I've got plenty of ships to do different game loops.  Wes
Link Posted: 6/15/2023 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cutty steel, jumptown certified
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:27:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Time for a bump?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:06:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Time for a bump?
View Quote

I have not been following this thread lately. Has there been any major updates to the game? I haven’t played it since I lost all of my stuff.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I have not been following this thread lately. Has there been any major updates to the game? I haven't played it since I lost all of my stuff.
View Quote
Not that I've heard but I haven't been following closely.  I  get most of my updates from this thread.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#43]
3.19.1 is currently in the PU.  3.20 is coming, probably before October.

The ASOP Terminal problem seems to have been fixed.  At least some servers have been upped to 110 users (They were experimenting with 200 in PTU.) as they make progress on PES and general stability.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 8:03:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Any word on the single player game?
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Any word on the single player game?
View Quote

Probably an announcement at Citizen Con.

I’m still playing and enjoying SC as is, I’m looking forward to 3.20. I think the key to gameplay is to join a good org.
Link Posted: 7/18/2023 10:11:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I’ll be back into it once I can build a new pc. Mine sounds like the water pumps at Chernobyl and gets just as hot trying to run the game on low currently.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 5:45:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Serious money to be made in salvage if you find the mission that requires you to buy the location of the ships for 150,000 Uec. Group of 6 of us made 2 mil in salvage off it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2023 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Serious money to be made in salvage if you find the mission that requires you to buy the location of the ships for 150,000 Uec. Group of 6 of us made 2 mil in salvage off it.
View Quote

That'll buy a few bottles of Cruz Lux!

3.20  is out, one minor patch as well.
Link Posted: 10/11/2023 4:55:44 PM EDT
[#49]
I got an email yesterday that the F8C has been released.

I went to download the game to check it out and realized I set up two-factor authorization years ago, and the app has since been removed from the app store and I have no backup codes. Just submitted a ticket; guess I'll see how long it takes to hear back from support...

I was looking through my hard drives for backup codes and found this old pic from after a successful run in Arena Commander (Nov 2015, I believe):

Link Posted: 10/11/2023 5:45:30 PM EDT
[#50]
Right now if you find a golden ticket you can fly the F8C for 24hours free.

There are devs in game that carry a platinum ticket for a free F8C. I imagine the whole verse is looking for them.

Im just glad I can play the game again. The last 2 patches have been great for FPS and smoothness.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top