Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2023 11:31:48 AM EDT
These parents seem to sum up US elites.  Oblivious, wealthy, university credentialed, corrupt, shameless.

Their unwavering support isn’t all that unusual. But Bankman, 68 years old, and Fried, 72, aren’t like most parents. The luster of their careers as beloved Stanford Law professors helped pave the way for the stunning rise of their son’s crypto exchange, FTX. And their direct dealings with that company, and the perks they received from their son before FTX filed for bankruptcy, have opened them up to legal headaches of their own.
View Quote

A note on the word "credentialed" instead of "degree".  Or maybe "pedigreed". I think credentialed has an appropriately lesser connotation. There are too many examples of elites with sense and usefulness far below what their possession of paper indicates.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:01:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
These parents seem to sum up US elites.  Oblivious, wealthy, university credentialed, corrupt, shameless.

Their unwavering support isn’t all that unusual. But Bankman, 68 years old, and Fried, 72, aren’t like most parents. The luster of their careers as beloved Stanford Law professors helped pave the way for the stunning rise of their son’s crypto exchange, FTX. And their direct dealings with that company, and the perks they received from their son before FTX filed for bankruptcy, have opened them up to legal headaches of their own.
View Quote

A note on the word "credentialed" instead of "degree".  Or maybe "pedigreed". I think credentialed has an appropriately lesser connotation. There are too many examples of elites with sense and usefulness far below what their possession of paper indicates.
View Quote

Credentialed means they are entitled to parenthesis blocked capitalized lettering on their driver's licenses after their names. Kinda a big deal.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:04:50 PM EDT
[#2]
My intuitive feelz says the parents are the brainchild of this scam...
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#3]
A fine upstanding family brought down by this ruthless jezebel

Never put it on a pedestal.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/coindesk/Y6UVCBTWAFCXNH4DF2CH4BTQKI.jpg

View Quote

She held out until she was waterboarded for the 87th time.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/coindesk/Y6UVCBTWAFCXNH4DF2CH4BTQKI.jpg

View Quote

Not with Aimless’s dick!
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s peak femininity right there. She was in a polecule of what 6 people.

Those studs all nutting in her every night now wonder they stole billions she was worth it
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:45:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guarantee they're both still virgins.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:50:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This chick was shared by six guys living in the same home.

Trust me, she is no virgin.

I bet she stashed some money and will be rolling in it in a few years
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 12:59:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

wait just a gosh darn minute !

GD has assured me when i become massively wealthy -- i can get endless supplies of INCREDIBLE hotties !  

i are confuzed now
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 1:04:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not guilty!
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 1:08:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Proving once again that ,any things that come from the nation's "top schools" are the shitz.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

It looks like she washes her hair with Elmer's glue.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 1:55:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Patrick Boyle did a hilarious video on this, Bankman and Fried were neck deep.  His mother is a legal ethics professor, his father a business tax professor.  
They were basically directors at FTX, attended meetings, got paid millions salary, received a mansion in the Bahamas as a tax dodge.  Left wing political mega donations went through a PAC set up by his mom Fried and millions of dollars were donated to Stanford through various cutouts.  Bankman got himself inserted as an extra in their Super Bowl commercial.  On and on and on...

How Involved Were SBF's Parents?

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/13/2023 2:18:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

There is a chance that SBF wouldn't have been caught in his scheme if this arrogant coont hadn't pushed him to take it to obscene levels.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

She is an "unfortunate" looking female.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 3:28:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Don't we have a thread on royal families inbreeding?
Pretty much the same thing with intellectual inbreeding, everyone agrees with each other and opposing thought is met with autistic screeching.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 6:16:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Delteted
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:35:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
 His mother is a legal ethics professor, his father a business tax professor.
View Quote

That's the part I meant to emphasize. Incredible is the correct word. It's as though the kid was coached how to abuse the ethics and the law.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:48:49 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Patrick Boyle did a hilarious video on this, Bankman and Fried were neck deep.  His mother is a legal ethics professor, his father a business tax professor.  
They were basically directors at FTX, attended meetings, got paid millions salary, received a mansion in the Bahamas as a tax dodge.  Left wing political mega donations went through a PAC set up by his mom Fried and millions of dollars were donated to Stanford through various cutouts.  Bankman got himself inserted as an extra in their Super Bowl commercial.  On and on and on...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvOT2AldwM
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

I posted that in the main thread.  
Patrick has some hysterical dry humor.  I have to pause his vids to savor the "throw ups" he spices his videos with.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:03:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don’t know if she’s a ‘ruthless jezebel,’ but good gawd those buckey-beaver teeth of hers could chew through the hull of the Starship Enterprise.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Deleted
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:14:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Court sketch
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:22:38 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

IMO, in that pic she looks kinda cute. Other pics, she's a bit lumpy dumpy. Latest pic I saw, not so cute. But still, face down in a dark room..........
View All Quotes
Quoted:

IMO, in that pic she looks kinda cute. Other pics, she's a bit lumpy dumpy. Latest pic I saw, not so cute. But still, face down in a dark room..........

are you kidding? She's fucking hideous
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:23:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

There used to be much better pictures of her floating around but they all seem to have disappeared.

I have an utter weakness for nerdy chicks.  They try waaay harder, they often have interesting kinks, and you can actually carry on a conversation with them when you're done.  

Not her, though.  She's cute in the right way but she has far too much baggage, legal and otherwise.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 8:24:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:36:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Watched it finally.

Daddy Freidman is neck-deep in this. How he stays out of prison is beyond me. He led his idiot son down this path... with his wife putting pressure on the idiot son to do what dad wanted.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:38:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't think so.

I try to look at who profited the most from it...and the primary beneficiaries seem to have been the network of politicians and NGO's that money flowed to. And note how none of the people and organizations the money ended up with got any scrutiny or accountability.

Almost like there's a backdoor payoff scheme for the well connected that can be funneled through useful idiots like SBF and Elizabeth Holmes.

Almost like it was designed that way.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 10:39:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:02:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I don't think so.

I try to look at who profited the most from it...and the primary beneficiaries seem to have been the network of politicians and NGO's that money flowed to.

Almost like there's a backdoor payoff scheme for the well connected that can be funneled through useful idiots like SBF and Elizabeth Holmes.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think so.

I try to look at who profited the most from it...and the primary beneficiaries seem to have been the network of politicians and NGO's that money flowed to.

The mom had her own non-profit org and is highly politically active (before retiring as a Stanford Law Ethics professor when her son gifted the parents $10 million). For Democrats.

It's the nexus of the whole political donation thingy running through FTX. You can hear him pitch it. (6:11 for effective altruism with other people's money)

Sam Bankman-Fried On Managing A Team, Altruism, And His Legacy | Forbes

She was a Stanford Law Ethics professor deeply affected by Jeremy Bentham Utilitarianism.  He called his generosity  (and a new way of looking at things) "effective altruism". And why he was so generous with other people's money. His mom made suggestions about where FTX donation money should go, including her own PAC (as well as to Democrat politicians & other PACs).

His dad is a Stanford Law professor specializing in minimizing taxes and adopting strategies to minimize losses for failing businesses, focused on keeping assets. His dad directed his son to make a $5.5 million gift to Stanford University. And his son gifted a $20 million mansion in the Bahamas to the mom and dad. And also covered furnishing it, its upkeep and maintenance, and cleaning services.

His dad was very actively involved as an Officer for Alemaeda. He was pretty much calling the shots.
So it looks like a scam from the git-go, with planning on where to put the assets where the government can't touch it when the thing folds, funding political causes, and being well-connected/ friended by the beautiful people of the current Leftist movement,  to meet the mom's needs of making a difference (with other people's money).  
Then whatever is going on with the crypto and the Ukraine money laundering thingy...

I have no doubt it was designed that way. Stanford seems to be the go to for .gov employees. Obama is a big fan.
No reasonable prosecutor...

(He got the clot shot. Maybe he is not long for this world)
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:10:31 AM EDT
[#33]
Hyphenated last names, lol.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hyphenated last names, lol.
View Quote

For the idiot son.
Mom kept her maiden name. Wonder if they were actually married. Or hippie married.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The mom had her own non-profit org and is highly politically active (before retiring as a Stanford Law Ethics professor when her son gifted the parents $10 million). For Democrats.

It's the nexus of the whole political donation thingy running through FTX. You can hear him pitch it. She was a Stanford Law Ethics professor deeply affected by Jeremy Bentham Utilitarianism.  He called his generosity  (and a new way of looking at things) "effective altruism". And why he was so generous with other people's money. His mom made suggestions about where FTX donation money should go, including her own PAC (as well as to Democrat politicians & other PACs).

His dad is a Stanford Law professor specializing in minimizing taxes and adopting strategies to minimize losses for failing businesses, focused on keeping assets. His dad directed his son to make a $5.5 million gift to Stanford University. And his son gifted a $20 million mansion in the Bahamas to the mom and dad. And also covered furnishing it, its upkeep and maintenance, and cleaning services.

His dad was very actively involved as an Officer for Alemaeda. He was pretty much calling the shots.
So it looks like a scam from the git-go, with planning on where to put the assets where the government can't touch it when the thing folds, funding political causes, and being well-connected/ friended by the beautiful people of the current Leftist movement,  to meet the mom's needs of making a difference (with other people's money).  
Then whatever is going on with the crypto and the Ukraine money laundering thingy...

I have no doubt it was designed that way. Stanford seems to be the go to for .gov employees. Obama is a big fan.
View Quote

It seems medieval. Like Democrats are corrupt papal hierarchy and wealthy Leftists are Medici family.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:19:23 AM EDT
[#36]
Next time the commies are crying about how the rich don't pay their fair share, remind them of these people.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:31:19 AM EDT
[#37]
wiki

William David MacAskill (né Crouch; born 24 March 1987) is a Scottish philosopher and author, as well as one of the originators of the effective altruism movement. He is an associate professor in Philosophy and Research Fellow at the Global Priorities Institute at the University of Oxford and Director of the Forethought Foundation for Global Priorities Research. He co-founded Giving What We Can, the Centre for Effective Altruism and 80,000 Hours, and is the author of Doing Good Better (2015) and What We Owe the Future (2022) and the co-author of Moral Uncertainty (2020

Investor and entrepreneur Sam Bankman-Fried, founder of the cryptocurrency exchange FTX was involved in effective altruism since before 2010, and around 2019 became more publicly associated with the effective altruism movement, announcing that his goal was to "donate as much as [he] can".Bankman-Fried founded the FTX Future Fund, which brought on MacAskill as one of its advisers, and which paid a $13.9 million grant to the Centre for Effective Altruism where MacAskill holds a board role. After the company's collapse in late 2022, Bankman-Fried's relationship with effective altruism has been called into question as a public relations strategy, while the movement's embrace of him proved damaging to its reputation. Some journalists asked whether the effective altruist movement was "complicit" in FTX's collapse. However, several leaders of the effective altruism movement, including William MacAskill and Robert Wiblin, condemned FTX's actions. MacAskill emphasized that bringing about good consequences does not justify violating rights or sacrificing integrity

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:33:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Toss them in prison to rot…
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:34:34 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd go for public hangings of the whole group to make sure everyone knows what happens to people like this.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:45:45 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

It seems medieval. Like Democrats are corrupt papal hierarchy and wealthy Leftists are Medici family.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's the nexus of the whole political donation thingy running through FTX. You can hear him pitch it. She was a Stanford Law Ethics professor deeply affected by Jeremy Bentham Utilitarianism.  He called his generosity  (and a new way of looking at things) "effective altruism". And why he was so generous with other people's money. His mom made suggestions about where FTX donation money should go, including her own PAC (as well as to Democrat politicians & other PACs).

It really is Lord and Serf shit now.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#41]
He'll be ok.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's the part I meant to emphasize. Incredible is the correct word. It's as though the kid was coached how to abuse the ethics and the law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
 His mother is a legal ethics professor, his father a business tax professor.

For many that is what is of greatest value in professional degrees: the ability to artfully CYA while threading an amoral needle around and through the ethical and legal fabric of our society, achieving personal grandeur with the least amount of exertion, exposure and risk.

They never see themselves as charlatans, just smarter and more deserving for it than everyone else that in their mind’s, are simply just too plain stupid, ignorant, or morally anachronistic to function at their level
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#43]
Shitbird lawyers crap out an even bigger entitled shitbird child.  Big surprise there.
Link Posted: 11/14/2023 12:34:28 PM EDT
[#44]
They live in a multimillion dollar house bought with sonny boy’s stolen money
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top