Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/28/2024 9:14:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Hulley]
So I'm considering buying a Staccato which will also be my first 2011 style gun, this is something I plan on carrying on occasion and maybe even a pistol comp for fun, certainly not a dedicated gun for the comp part, just a way to shoot my EDC better.

I'm looking at the C2 and the CS.
The C2 is a 3.9" gun and costs $2300.
The CS is a 3.5" gun and costs $2500.

Why is the CS $200 more when it's a slightly smaller gun? Not too mention they don't share magazines.

I admit that I'm not familiar with Staccato so maybe the grip module is the reason for the differences and mag capability? Is the CS a new style for Staccato. Apparently they have a 4" version coming out called the "C" and it'll share mags with the CS.
C2
Attachment Attached File

CS
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry OP, I’m in the same situation as you. I’m looking at them. Trying to dicipher all the various models.

I’m leaning towards the new “C” model.

Head off to YouTube for more research. There’s a lot of vids.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:21:27 AM EDT
[#2]
The CS does have a different frame, different trigger and the dawson tool-less guide rod, but besides that nots sure where that extra $200 comes from.  New pistol = more RD and tooling costs?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:23:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the C2, and am ordering a P this weekend. When I bought the C2 I looked real hard at the CS. I didn’t shoot it, just held it. I demo’d the C2 and the P.

The C2 replaced my former EDC, which had a 3.5” barrel. I wanted longer so the CS was out, although it arguably would have carried better due to the size. The grip is slimmer by a 1/4” in circumference. The C2 is a slightly shortened P grip, and can use the same mags as the P. The CS mags are only for the CS (the new C may fit them but IDK). I also dislike external extractors on 1911/2011s, but don’t really have a good reason. Just looks wrong to me.

Not sure you can go wrong here. Every Staccato I’ve shot has been great.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:24:06 AM EDT
[#4]
I went with the p first and it was too big then bought the c2 and like it for cc a lot more.  Both have rmr on them.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:25:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:27:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RustyKnifeUSMC:
Sorry OP, I’m in the same situation as you. I’m looking at them. Trying to dicipher all the various models.

I’m leaning towards the new “C” model.

Head off to YouTube for more research. There’s a lot of vids.
View Quote

I just watched the TFBTV video on the new "C", looks like it'll share mags with the CS, so I'm wondering if the new C will replace the C2 as their 4" model.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:27:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Occasional carry?  I'd just stick with C2.  That way if you want a full size gun or get something else that uses standard staccato mags, you aren't buying new mags (which are expensive)
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#8]
CS is a newer design, and has a new proprietary magazine designed specifically for a 9mm round. The 2011 magazines in general were built to .45 size and 9mm has been adapted to. Current 2011 magazines (staccato gen 3) work darn well with 9mm, but that wasn't always the case. The CS magazine shrinks about every dimension of the 2011 magazine to fit 9mm exclusively and it's been done pretty well.

As a model, the CS is more expensive because the market supports a higher price for newer things, not because it's valued by weight.

The grip feel between the C and CS isn't large ( <.25" circumference difference, CS being smaller) but it it's noticeable. If you are considering a full size 2011 eventually and didn't want to count on a CS magazine compatible full size being developed, I'd get the C2 over the CS to have more magazine options.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:30:44 AM EDT
[#9]
CS has slightly smaller grip if you like to use slide release and  you have smaller hands this feels better.  Bigger hand probably doesn't matter.  get both?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:31:13 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By GingerShanks:
I have the C2, and am ordering a P this weekend. When I bought the C2 I looked real hard at the CS. I didn’t shoot it, just held it. I demo’d the C2 and the P.

The C2 replaced my former EDC, which had a 3.5” barrel. I wanted longer so the CS was out, although it arguably would have carried better due to the size. The grip is slimmer by a 1/4” in circumference. The C2 is a slightly shortened P grip, and can use the same mags as the P. The CS mags are only for the CS (the new C may fit them but IDK). I also dislike external extractors on 1911/2011s, but don’t really have a good reason. Just looks wrong to me.

Not sure you can go wrong here. Every Staccato I’ve shot has been great.
View Quote

There's a LGS that sells a ton of Staccatos and other high end 1911/2011 guns, and I want to say they even have a couple Staccatos for rent so I'll have to check that out, maybe this weekend if I can find the time.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Great marketing company they turned into.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#12]
I was about to buy a Staccato until the Platapus came out.  Better mags, and more cutomization capability.  Staccato needs to figure out how to address the newcomers to the market because right now the only positive I see is the legacy name recognition and reputation they built when there wasn't a vibrant 2011 market providing competition against their products.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:35:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By metalsaber:
Occasional carry?  I'd just stick with C2.  That way if you want a full size gun or get something else that uses standard staccato mags, you aren't buying new mags (which are expensive)
View Quote

I say occasionally because where I live and what I'm wearing, it's usually a G42 or 365XL but I would rather start carrying a more substantial pistol for obvious reasons and I personally hate my G19s. So basically I'm wanting a replacement for my double stack Glocks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:36:21 AM EDT
[#14]
I edc my c2, and use it for competitions as well.

Have well over 15k through it, and it runs flawlessly.

I vote for that one just because its been so awesome, and I can use it everywhere
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I use my P which is too big for carry in my opinion as my competition gun. I carry my c2.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:39:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StaccatoC2] [#16]
xl, xc p c2 all share the mag width and depth ( front to rear ). Frames are the same rail width exceptions being material and over all length of the frame. Grips are interchangeable for the most part, all the ones but the c2 are 17 rounds to the bottom of the grip, the c2 is 16.

Cs uses a new mag that was designed for 9mm, so the front to rear depth of the mag is correct for 9mm. They also narrowed the frame and slide a little to make it more scaled, think of it as a 95% scaled version on the old frame specs. They had to ( or just did ) rework the frame for the less deep mags. This allowed a little less weight and a slightly smaller grip circumference of about 1/4 inch most of this was by changing the mag depth. Its was just a smaller over all gun designed for CCW

The new C is taking advantage of the new mag design, and making "larger" sized pistols using it. I am wondering if they found out there is a high round count problem with the CS frame. They have said they beefed up the frame a little for the C ( wider rails and what ever else ). Not saying the CS will break, but its a ccw gun that might have a life span of 5k rounds ( or so they found out wild in accurate guess on my part probably wrong ). So make the C a little tougher, use the more compact and possibly more reliable CS mag design, and build it to run forever.

I obviously have a c2, I want to like the cs. But I dont carry the c2, its a range toy that I can carry. I have shot the CS a bunch, its not that different from the c2 in how it shoots, just a little smaller is every measurement, and I say a little.

If the CS had been around when I got my C2 i might have bought it, then either and xc or p to have a range toy. But I still would probably not carry the CS, I like my sig 365 with xl mags for carry for that roll.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:41:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Hulley:

There's a LGS that sells a ton of Staccatos and other high end 1911/2011 guns, and I want to say they even have a couple Staccatos for rent so I'll have to check that out, maybe this weekend if I can find the time.
View Quote

That is your best bet. I drove over an hour from home to find rentals. I was a naysayer with these until I actually got behind one. They are all I want to shoot now.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Platypus

H
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:47:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By JASIRR:
View Quote

They've certainly made finicky gamer guns popular.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#21]
I ran 5 different Staccato models on/ off over a few years, around 20k rounds. Carried the C, C2 and a P for a while. Although I feel they are some of the best pistols on the market, I went back to Glocks. No matter how ya slice it, Staccatos are a bit of a pain to EDC, compared to a Glock anyway. HUGE fan of Staccato's but ultimately decided that I hate manual safeties.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:02:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Norinco982lover:

Staccato has said there’s nothing wrong with the old CS, they just decided they liked the look of the frame and slide being the same width (or something along those lines).

Sure they could be lying but we probably would have heard about CS frames cracking and I don’t think we have.
View Quote

I am not saying its a problem, but I think they are aiming the new C to be more a duty type. Take whats a lighter weight carry gun and beef it up a little for duty use, and also put a 4 inch barrel on it for duty requirements. Even if the CS is fine long term some duty guns get beat up more so beefing it up is not a bad idea. It could just be a "lets beef it up so it MAY hold up better" type thing.

Again just guess and thoughts in my mind. In my mind, hey we have a great new mag, lets build a duty gun around it. Well lets design it, start with the gun we have that takes this mag and make it with a 4 inch barrel and beef it up so we know it lasts type thing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:10:44 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Rickesis:

View Quote

That comment was only applicable prior to STI changing to Staccato. Staccato's are not finicky, whatsoever. They are now the Glocks of 2011's, and have been for a few years.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:19:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I picked up a used CS on a decent deal. I just never "bonded" with it, traded it back in for another C2
My C2 is my primary carry piece. I love the mag compatibility with the rest of the Staccato line; I have a shit ton of mags from Atlas, Staccato, and Springfield.

I'm somewhat interested in the new C, but that means all new mags, new holsters, etc. Not the end of the world, but it's going to have to bring something special for me to make the jump
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:28:10 AM EDT
[#25]
the two pics posted shows one with an optics cut and one without

I have a C2 with a threaded barrel and love it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:29:12 AM EDT
[#26]
My buddy carries a C2 and I have the CS.

Honestly, they don’t carry much different.

I just bought he CS because the LGS had it in stock when I was there.

Can’t go wrong with either, it’s my favorite carry gun.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

lol, you know nothing of what you speak.

Staccatos are quite reliable.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:32:21 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By stewie97:
the two pics posted shows one with an optics cut and one without

I have a C2 with a threaded barrel and love it.
View Quote

Yeah, I just grabbed a couple pics online, there will be a red dot on whichever model I choose.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:36:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ruin] [#29]

I say occasionally because where I live and what I'm wearing, it's usually a G42 or 365XL but I would rather start carrying a more substantial pistol for obvious reasons and I personally hate my G19s. So basically I'm wanting a replacement for my double stack Glocks.
View Quote

My carry setup is nearly identical. 365X in hot weather or when wearing more fitted clothing, C2 when it’s cooler or I’m wearing a cover garment.

I replaced my G19 with a C2 and haven’t regretted it yet.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By JASIRR:

Still saving up for the Tisas?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:41:47 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Ruin:

Still saving up for the Tisas?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:47:21 AM EDT
[#32]
I have bitten by the Staccato bug as well and trying to decide between a C2, CS or wait to see the new C, or maybe even go with a P.  

I'm starting to drift away from AIWB carry as it's been bothering my back a lot (prior L4-L5 herniation that for some reason gets pretty angry after a long day of carry).  I'm going to go back to strong side IWB so a little bigger/heavier gun than my G19 isn't that big a of deal which is why I'd consider a P, or C depending.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#33]
I replaced my $3K C2 with a G19 Gen5, for CCW.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Dissident:
I have bitten by the Staccato bug as well and trying to decide between a C2, CS or wait to see the new C, or maybe even go with a P.  

I'm starting to drift away from AIWB carry as it's been bothering my back a lot (prior L4-L5 herniation that for some reason gets pretty angry after a long day of carry).  I'm going to go back to strong side IWB so a little bigger/heavier gun than my G19 isn't that big a of deal which is why I'd consider a P, or C depending.
View Quote

The steel frames are heavier, if you go with a P get the aluminum frame. Personally wait for the C or just get a c2.

If you just want it for carry not playing any games get the CS
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By AR15A2SporterII:
View Quote

The thing is, I don't like shooting my Glocks anymore. I want a gun that I actually enjoy shooting.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By StaccatoC2:

The steel frames are heavier, if you go with a P get the aluminum frame. Personally wait for the C or just get a c2.

View All Quotes

The plan was for it to be for all the above.  I want an all-around jack of all trades master of none.  Take to a match on Sunday or Monday night, do some classes, and use it as an EDC.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:01:44 AM EDT
[#37]

The plan was for it to be for all the above.  I want an all-around jack of all trades master of none.  Take to a match on Sunday or Monday night, do some classes, and use it as an EDC.
View Quote

Then my vote is the C2, thats why I have mine. I have a few 20 round mags for games, and I use it for classes with 16 round mags.

I will be using it at a match monday night.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:09:09 AM EDT
[#38]

The thing is, I don't like shooting my Glocks anymore. I want a gun that I actually enjoy shooting.
View All Quotes

I got tired of spending money to make it carry, like I thought it should. $500 in holsters didn't quite do it. Oh, I love the gun, and still have it. It was a tough decision. For me, they are very close in accuracy. I also wanted a CCW without a safety.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:10:33 AM EDT
[#39]

Then my vote is the C2, thats why I have mine. I have a few 20 round mags for games, and I use it for classes with 16 round mags.

I will be using it at a match monday night.
View Quote

I agree, C2.

I have a duty/range P that is steel and it shoots lovely...its just heavy. I'd never carry it concealed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Get the C2, from the reviews I have read the CS can have issues and is not as pleasant to shoot. Plus the mags, grip, etc. are proprietary.

The size and weight difference is negligible.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:16:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: USMC_JA] [#41]
My Vulcan cut C2 has been perfect over 1500 rounds.  Suppressed, unsuppressed, the gun doesnt care.  It just wants to shoot....fast.

I have medium to large hands.  Grip is noticeable fat when you compare to other guns.  Im going to send it off for slimming eventually.  Perhaps Staccato is all marketing.  I dont know.  What I do know is this gun just runs and is accurate.

ETA: I, too, have dumped all my glocks save a single G19.  It feels completely outdated and unrefined when compared to most other handguns now.  The C2 is in a different league.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:16:48 AM EDT
[#42]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#43]
You're really just going to have to handle both and preferably shoot both to make a decision.  And after you decide, you'll probably wish you bought the other one.  Isn't that how the gun world works?  We always long for the "next gun".

If you do go with the C2 and find the grip too big, you can always send it to member Kduly for a reduction.  And the C2 using the standard mags, gives you more mag options.  And more 2011 future purchase options with mag changeability (assuming you buy some extra full-size mags).  

I dabbled in the 2011 game for a while (from Prodigy to Atlas). All I have left is my C2 w/RDS.  And sometimes even that gun seems a little large to carry.  

I had an iron sighted C2 for a while, and for me, it was probably the perfect sans-RDS carry gun for size, weight, & capacity.  I sold it because I was going to keep my Wilson EDC X9 for the same role.  But then sold that.  Being a "gun guy" who like to carry different guns, it's hard to keep a $2-$3k gun sitting in the safe that doesn't get carried or shot much.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#44]

View Quote

That's weird. My lumbar herniation actually preferred it when i switched away from 3-4 o'clock carry to 1 o'clock AWIB carry.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:38:36 AM EDT
[#45]
I’d take an aluminum frame P and remove the magwell and skip the C2.

The CS truly is smaller and to me, carries better than my C2 did.

Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:39:07 AM EDT
[#46]
I found the CS grip to be much more to my liking than the C2 grip. The C2 grip is a tad too thick.

For those that have said the CS has too much muzzle flip or recoil impulse, I have to ask "compared to what?"

The CS shoots much softer/smoother than any subcompact I've shot. Then again, it's kind of in between a subcompact and compact in size and weight.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

This shit still gets posted?
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:43:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Dissident] [#48]
Originally Posted By Guitargod1985:

That's weird. My lumbar herniation actually preferred it when i switched away from 3-4 o'clock carry to 1 o'clock AWIB carry.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Guitargod1985:

I know...it's weird.  But my back will be killing me and I'll have the staticy tingles in my left foot by the end of the day.  If it gets too bad and I don't carry for a few days it resolves.  Who knows, maybe after some time, IWB will be a problem as well as I will have to switch to OWB.

Originally Posted By Marksman14:

This was the other option that I was considering.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:45:21 AM EDT
[#49]

The CS truly is smaller and to me, carries better than my C2 did.

View Quote

Exactly what I did when carrying Staccato. I actually preferred the way the aluminum shot and handled over the steel version as well. It was only a couple oz. heavier than a C2.
Link Posted: 3/28/2024 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#50]

This shit still gets posted?
View Quote

Poors hate expensive shit.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top