Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2023 4:15:18 PM EDT
Good friend has a springer doodle and wants to be able to take the dog on walks that don't require him to be on a leash.

I was able to easily get both my labs to do this by simply making the have so much fun with me that they didn't want to stray far.

Is there any hope for a springer doodle to do this?  If so, how to go about it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2023 7:57:31 PM EDT
[#1]
There are hopes for most dogs that don’t have unreasonable prey drive or drive to follow scent (hounds of all varieties). That being said, doodles are mutts, so it’s a random, unpredictable grab bag of personality traits. If he can’t get a solid recall off leash, he could always check out SniffSpot for fenced, off leash exercise areas.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top