User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/31/2023 6:21:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster]
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - Official Extended Gameplay Trailer

ETA Releases on 11/07/2023.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Oh yeah. I'm thinking that'll be splitting time with Final Fantasy: Rebirth for me. I know my kid and I are pretty excited for it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:17:57 AM EDT
[#2]
With all the games and cell phone use, it is amazing any work gets done.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 9:44:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mcb] [#3]
I am looking forward to the game.  I loved the original game. This one looks like it will be more the same with better graphics and new enemies.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 10:23:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mcb:
I am looking forward to the game.  I loved the original game. This one looks like it will be more the same with better graphics and new enemies.
View Quote

This is like WH nirvana for me, especially if it has a team survival/horde mode. I've wanted to fight tyranids since the 1st game. Also looks like chaos SM forces may be back again.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:
Oh yeah. I'm thinking that'll be splitting time with Final Fantasy: Rebirth for me. I know my kid and I are pretty excited for it.
View Quote

I hope they don't come out at the same time...FF is a no brainer for me.
Link Posted: 8/31/2023 11:34:20 PM EDT
[#6]
That game looks insane. I bought the first one a while back but have yet to play it. The tyranids interest me way more than orks though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:39:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ajek:

I hope they don't come out at the same time...FF is a no brainer for me.
View Quote

FF7B looks like it'll probably release Feb.-Mar. and SM2 April.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 9:54:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 11boomboom:

FF7B looks like it'll probably release Feb.-Mar. and SM2 April.
View Quote

Everything I see says winter 2023 for SM2. Steam says 2023 and the official page says this winter.
Link Posted: 9/1/2023 12:34:54 PM EDT
[#9]
It looks good, I'll probably buy it.

Its looks like a blend of Warhammer 40k Spacehulk Deathwing and Space Marine. Spacehulk as good, it could have been great with some gameplay changes, the "horde rush" should have been used less and it should have had a better story.

PC - Space Hulk: Deathwing Enhanced Edition - LongPlay [4K:60FPS] ??

Link Posted: 9/1/2023 3:47:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By navvet89:

Its looks like a blend of Warhammer 40k Spacehulk Deathwing and Space Marine. Spacehulk as good, it could have been great with some gameplay changes, the "horde rush" should have been used less and it should have had a better story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWnplOKEE4A
View Quote

It looked like it had great atmosphere, but was a bugfest at release. Apparently, they've since remedied that, but from every review & gameplay video I've seen, it looks very repetitive & seems grindy over time. The concept is great, but I wish there was more depth & variety there.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 4:20:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MauserMark] [#11]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 6:26:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Going to pick it up.

And definitely play Boltgun if you like that genre. Don't forget to insult the heretics as you slay them.

Space Marine Taunting For 10 Minutes | All Voicelines | 40k: Boltgun
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 12:16:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Boltgun is great. I've played it a few times, too.
Link Posted: 9/4/2023 4:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#14]
ETA[url=https://gamingbolt.com/warhammer-40000-space-marine-2-banishers-ghosts-of-new-eden-gameplay-coming-august-30th]Releases on 11/07/2023.[/url]

Scratch that. Doesn't look like it will make it this year.
Link Posted: 9/6/2023 10:42:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Master_Blaster:
ETA Releases on 11/07/2023.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/7/2023 9:33:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Hope it's good. I'll wait for reviews because I have zero faith in game developers.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#17]

It looked like it had great atmosphere, but was a bugfest at release. Apparently, they've since remedied that, but from every review & gameplay video I've seen, it looks very repetitive & seems grindy over time. The concept is great, but I wish there was more depth & variety there.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By navvet89:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWnplOKEE4A

I have the enhanced edition, the part in bold is true unfortunately. Its basically "get a horde rush every 200' or 60 seconds, whichever comes first". The game is visually amazing but you cant really enjoy all of the work that went into it as its a horde all the time. If they took the game and visuals and made it a non-zombie rush mechanic it would be awesome.
Link Posted: 9/7/2023 3:14:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/8/2023 5:48:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By MauserMark:
found the original PC game for $7 on ebay, going to play a few hours of that first, has decent reviews.
View Quote

Friend me on Steam (MASTERBLASTER). I play it weekly. Best experience if you "farm" level up & get access to perks (I can show you how to do this).

Exterminatus (Horde) mode is fun, though the dev choice to buff the shooter classes using shoot-at-you-backwards-&-hit-you-from-across-the-map accuracy (No joke on highest difficulty) gets annoying sometimes. Take those guys out ASAP. But it's fun when you get with a good group that knows their stuff. Lasecannons are awesome.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 2:15:41 PM EDT
[#20]
So the 11/7 release date was a bogus report. Looks like it won't make it until next year. I did find this report detailing the gameplay mechanics & controls, though.
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#21]
So the 11/7 release date was a bogus report. Looks like it won't make it until next year. I did find this report detailing the gameplay mechanics & controls, though.
View Quote

Just more time to save up for it.
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 12:43:53 AM EDT
[#22]
Game keeps getting pushed back.

In the mean time, I've watched this mini-doc more than a few times

The Devastation of Tryanid Invasion with David Attenborough | Warhammer 40k Lore
Link Posted: 11/1/2023 8:45:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Master_Blaster] [#23]
Dissecting a Tyranid invasion:

THE TYRANIDS - Devourer of Worlds | WARHAMMER 40,000 Lore / History

Know thy enemy.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 6:54:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:08:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Release pushed back to Q2 2024.
View Quote

It must really be garbage if they had to push back a year.

Devs need to stop announcing release dates if they can never stick to it. Fucking dumb.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 4:36:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By SturmgeschutzIII:

It must really be garbage if they had to push back a year.

Devs need to stop announcing release dates if they can never stick to it. Fucking dumb.
View Quote

Actually, all the early "beta" reviewers have praised it, but they all say it needs polishing, specifically to address framerate dips when things get busy.
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 2:38:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 11/26/2023 9:51:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Framerate dips during the reveal looked rough. Glad they have extra time to improve it before release.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 11:08:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ajek] [#29]
They just announced Sept 9 release date at the Game Awards.

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - Release Date Reveal Trailer | The Game Awards 2023
Link Posted: 12/8/2023 2:34:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Ajek:
They just announced Sept 9 release date at the Game Awards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j8kyZ8LwdQ
View Quote

Yeah, I was going to post. Pretty sure 10 months is for more than "polish". Probably more story content &/or MP,  which is good, but the wait...

Guess I'll be waiting a bit longer before I build a new MRR (Master Race Rig).
Link Posted: 2/26/2024 1:02:20 AM EDT
[#31]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top