Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2024 1:06:30 PM EDT
My computer has been giving me sound problems for awhile.

Years ago the onboard sound was crappy, so I bought a Sound Blaster card, the Z SE. It performed for a few years then started to randomly cut out. This went on for awhile, so I bought an AE-5 and installed it, started having problems right out of the gate, so I returned it and bought X4 USB DAC.

I really didn't want a desktop unit, but I'm OK with it now.

Well, after about a year, I've started to experience random sound cutting out again, especially today when I plugged in my headphones. The only way I've found to reset the audio is to mute the computer then turn on the sound again.

I thought maybe there was some sort of signal in the video that was cutting my sound, or maybe the author decided to mute that audio after the fact so they wouldn't have to recompile a new video, or something.

When I changed the video it kept happening.

So now I'm, maybe looking at getting a different companies audio device since I have had such bad luck with Creative's stuff.

Looking for suggestions, maybe $150.00 budget.

TIA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top