Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/24/2022 12:52:56 PM EDT
If you guys want to get these cameras better do so now. As you guys have already know, due to the CVD-19 shutdown of the world economy there is a world-wide shortage of computer chips and have goofed up production of these chip intensive cameras. I have a A6600, and it has increased $200 from what I paid at B&H and Adorama. The speculative rumor mill has it that there will be new versions of these  coming soon in the future.

"Sony ceases orders for a7C and a6600, confirms a7 II and a6100 have reached end-of-life"
In a statement posted to Sony Japan’s website, Sony says it is no longer fulfilling orders for its a7C full-frame mirrorless camera and its a6600 APS-C mirrorless camera, as ‘there is a delay in procurement of parts for digital imaging products due to the global shortage of semiconductors.’ Sony even suggests current orders could go unfulfilled, saying ‘in addition, some orders will be suspended.’ Sony Japan says it will keep retailers and consumers updated on the supply status via the product pages on its website for the respective products.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Because in reality, ALL jobs are essential, with the possible exception of the Congress.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 9:52:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my a7 II,  It takes beautiful pictures.  But it is old now.  I am not surprised that they would discontinue it considering the better options in the Sony line up today.  

Heck... My a7III is getting to be a few years old.  

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:57:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I love my a7 II,  It takes beautiful pictures.  But it is old now.  I am not surprised that they would discontinue it considering the better options in the Sony line up today.  

Heck... My a7III is getting to be a few years old.
View Quote
Personally I think that Sony and probably other camera manufactures also have consider their priorities whether it is worthwhile to commit extremely limited chip resources to slowly fading camera.  Sony has pulled the plug on the A6xxx-variants and ZV-E10. Personally I am going to keep my A6600, as it does everything I want it to do right now, ie noiseless mechanism for theater/stage photographs.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 7:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Everybody must have got the memo.

I have been trying to snag a used A6400 as an upgrade to my A6000. Prices have gone up around 30% on used. Best buy had them right before Christmas, but now out of stock.

I should have pulled the trigger when I had the chance

Link Posted: 1/31/2022 12:56:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Not surprised, have a A7RII that 4 or 5 years old now. Still makes great pics and batteries are still cheap so I’m good for now.
Link Posted: 4/7/2022 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#6]
If anyone has a used Sony A6000 series they want to part with hit me up.  My wife is looking to upgrade from her CAnon 1200D (T5) and one of the Sony A6000 series was what she was thinking.  Bad timing I guess.
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If anyone has a used Sony A6000 series they want to part with hit me up.  My wife is looking to upgrade from her CAnon 1200D (T5) and one of the Sony A6000 series was what she was thinking.  Bad timing I guess.
View Quote

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but i have no problem finding 6000's in a variety of pawn shops around here.  Tend to be in pretty good condition too..
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 3:00:07 PM EDT
[#8]
https://www.sonyalpharumors.com

Kitamura, one of Japanese largest stores, is no more accepting preorders on the A6600, A6400 and ZV-E10. Dclife writes:

Orders for Sony “a6600”, “a6400”, and “VLOGCAM ZV-E10” have been suspended due to delays in parts procurement due to the effects of global semiconductor shortages. You can also check the notation “Cannot purchase”.

It appears Sony is “sacrificing” the APS-C cameras in order to be capable to keep up the production of Full Frame cameras. Also BHphoto (Click here) says the A6600 will ship in “2-4 months” only!
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/20/2022 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I don't know about your neck of the woods, but i have no problem finding 6000's in a variety of pawn shops around here.  Tend to be in pretty good condition too..
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I saw a new A6000 at BestBuy last week. Very surprised to see it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top