Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2020 12:43:50 PM EDT
Right by Ronald Reagan Highway.  That's normally a very high traffic area.  Covid may have saved them.  No details yet, other than two on board, no injuries.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/small-plane-crashes-onto-i-75-causing-highway-to-shut-down/32172446

The plane is out of Indianapolis.

http://www.aviationdb.com/Aviation/Aircraft/6/N66FN.shtm

Update: "Authorities said the plane had to make an emergency landing. The plane was able to land without striking any vehicles, officials said.

The pilot was the only person in the plane.

Officials said that pilot, who has not been identified, was having engine issues. The pilot was able to radio officials letting them know he was going down prior to the crash.

The pilot was able to land on the highway, and slow down the aircraft before it slammed into a concrete barrier. The pilot was uninjured, and remains on scene.

“We’re very grateful that he is OK, that no one else was injured,” Lt. Steve Saunders with the Cincinnati Police Department said.

“I think we’re very lucky, because due to the stay-at-home order, traffic was very light on the highway,” Saunders said. “Damage is very minimal to what it could have been.”"
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Right by Ronald Reagan Highway.  That's normally a very high traffic area.  Covid may have saved them.  No details yet, other than two on board, no injuries.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/small-plane-crashes-onto-i-75-causing-highway-to-shut-down/32172446

https://kubrick.htvapps.com/htv-prod-media.s3.amazonaws.com/images/plane-karin-1587054343.jpg?crop=1.00xw:1.00xh;0,0&resize=900:*

The plane is out of Indianapolis.

http://www.aviationdb.com/Aviation/Aircraft/6/N66FN.shtm
View Quote

Two groups of people in pic, zero social distancing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 12:56:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Two groups of people in pic, zero social distancing.
View Quote

It's okay.  One of them is a doctor.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's okay.  One of them is a doctor.
View Quote

Now that's funny!

Actually, in my friends neighborhood, the families doing the least social distancing are all Doctors. lol.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:36:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn that was a nice plane !
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I would have landed parallel to the stripes in the road, rather than perpendicular to them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I wonder if he didn't get the gear locked.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:49:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm guessing that bridge and those powerlines might've limited his decisions.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:03:52 PM EDT
[#9]

Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:10:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Not too long ago, a guy in his BMW got rear ended by a plane at an intersection south of Dayton.

But yeah, in this instance, social distancing may have saved lives. Hopefully Dewine doesn't tout it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:15:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Glad they made it out safely. I had one of those for many years. Great planes. It saddens me to see that happen.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 2:32:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I wonder if he didn't get the gear locked.
View Quote
It would be infinitely safer to do a partial gear landing at an airport.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:04:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Not too long ago, a guy in his BMW got rear ended by a plane at an intersection south of Dayton.

But yeah, in this instance, social distancing may have saved lives. Hopefully Dewine doesn't tout it.
View Quote

Years ago, a guy ran out of gas at night, and landed on Ronald Reagan highway, just off the exit from this one.  He landed on the wrong lanes, into oncoming traffic and hit a van head on.  It killed him and two in the van.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:52:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Update: "Authorities said the plane had to make an emergency landing. The plane was able to land without striking any vehicles, officials said.

The pilot was the only person in the plane.

Officials said that pilot, who has not been identified, was having engine issues. The pilot was able to radio officials letting them know he was going down prior to the crash.

The pilot was able to land on the highway, and slow down the aircraft before it slammed into a concrete barrier. The pilot was uninjured, and remains on scene.

“We’re very grateful that he is OK, that no one else was injured,” Lt. Steve Saunders with the Cincinnati Police Department said.

“I think we’re very lucky, because due to the stay-at-home order, traffic was very light on the highway,” Saunders said. “Damage is very minimal to what it could have been.”"
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 3:57:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I would have landed parallel to the stripes in the road, rather than perpendicular to them.
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:20:36 PM EDT
[#16]
At least Beech always chromated the inside of the wings.
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm guessing that bridge and those powerlines might've limited his decisions.
View Quote

No shit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2020 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Years ago, a guy ran out of gas at night, and landed on Ronald Reagan highway, just off the exit from this one.  He landed on the wrong lanes, into oncoming traffic and hit a van head on.  It killed him and two in the van.
View Quote

My,"cousin" landed on the east side of 275 in a 172.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top