Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/31/2021 1:39:15 PM EDT
https://houston.texasguntrader.com/category/569/For-Sale-Trade-Guns-for-Sale/listings/2038038/%E2%80%9CMade-In-Texas%E2%80%9D-Suppressors.html

For sale is the “Made In Texas” suppressors. They are manufactured in Texas. These are the suppressors that a tax stamp is not required as long as they stay in Texas. Law went into effect in September. The following sizes are available: 1/2”thread x 10” $750 1/2”thread x 6” $700 Text (number removed)
View Quote

ETA: don’t buy this
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It could be fun to text an AFT agent at all hours I suppose.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:42:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Can someone bring me up to speed on what's going on here? Are supressors a non-NFA item all of a sudden as long as they're manufactured and remain in Texas?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:53:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can someone bring me up to speed on what's going on here? Are supressors a non-NFA item all of a sudden as long as they're manufactured and remain in Texas?
View Quote

Someone would, but they’re preoccupied with Colin Kaepernick at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:53:57 PM EDT
[#5]
It's so legal it glows.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:54:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Not today Mr. ATFMAN AFTMAN
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:55:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Constitutionally? Yes.

In practice?  Lmao
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:55:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Wasn’t it in Kansas or somewhere those dudes got fucked for doing essentially the exact same thing?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:57:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope.

Maybe cash only, with a drop point.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 1:59:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Wasn’t it in Kansas or somewhere those dudes got fucked for doing essentially the exact same thing?
View Quote

Kansas and Montana both.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Any minute some idiot will be along to cheer on Texas like it did something huge for gun owners with this flimsy law.

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:02:53 PM EDT
[#12]
and now its on the atfs radar, thanks ar15.com!
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:04:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
and now its on the atfs radar, thanks ar15.com!
View Quote
Or it could be one of their stings
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, ATF man.

Your turn Florida.

Kansas tried this and look what happened for those two smucks.

Missouri is a sanctuary state, but they haven't given the government their Fleet drink yet, to be that much shit free.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:10:00 PM EDT
[#15]
If, I mean “IF”, I lived in Texas, I most likely would be making my own suppressors for personal use on private property. Not to sell, not to borrow out, and certainly not showing it off online.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:10:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Ought to be able to buy them from the corner Jiffy store.
Cash and carry.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:17:14 PM EDT
[#17]
The left did it with pot, but alas, we have the side that follows the rules. We are above it.

The feds thank you for your compliance citizen.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:20:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Kinda pricey, might as well buy a 50 State can.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

TN is similar we can legally own MG's........BUT Fed.gov says fuck common man
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:34:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Kansas and Montana both.
View Quote

Its not that the intention is bad, but the execution is shit, and republicans should well know better by now.  The states are not going to win against the federal gov on the commerce clause.  Far too much federal power is built on the commerce clause.  If a state were serious about it, they'd remove all references to anything NFA on a state law level, and tell the feds they are free to enforce federal law, but no state resources or employees will be used assist.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:34:56 PM EDT
[#21]
" />
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:38:30 PM EDT
[#22]
When the states start arresting the feds for violating state laws, then it will mean something.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:41:27 PM EDT
[#23]
That ad is positively glowing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Its not that the intention is bad, but the execution is shit, and republicans should well know better by now.  The states are not going to win against the federal gov on the commerce clause.  Far too much federal power is built on the commerce clause.  If a state were serious about it, they'd remove all references to anything NFA on a state law level, and tell the feds they are free to enforce federal law, but no state resources or employees will be used assist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Kansas and Montana both.

How can the thing the states constituted be more powerful than the entities which delegated it power?

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:44:35 PM EDT
[#25]
This website doesn't let people say what would have to happen for this to become a thing.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How can the thing the states constituted be more powerful than the entities which delegated it power?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/690449238685122560-1961314.png
View Quote

That's a fine question, and part of the reason I love you.

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:48:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
It's so legal it glows.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:55:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/425212/690449238685122560-1961314.png
View Quote

You could ask the same about Dr. Frankenstein and the monster he created. Doesn't change how you may have to battle the monster to survive.

Link Posted: 10/31/2021 2:59:50 PM EDT
[#29]
I’m going to have to try it!!

It’s like the marijuana laws.  MJ is against federal law!  States pass laws saying it’s OK. Feds sit back and watch!!
Attachment Attached File

Let’s Go Brandon!!!
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:06:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
This website doesn't let people say what would have to happen for this to become a thing.
View Quote

God will kill a kitten.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:07:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
When the states start arresting the feds for violating state laws, then it will mean something.
View Quote

My legal theory is: pot laws are wantonly flaunted by every liberal state, is there a difference?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

My legal theory is: pot laws are wantonly flaunted by every liberal state, is there a difference?
View Quote
You beat me to it.

It works for Weed.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:12:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
you know the answer to that.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:17:16 PM EDT
[#35]
Over under on it being a honeypot?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:18:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
The left did it with pot, but alas, we have the side that follows the rules. We are above it.

The feds thank you for your compliance citizen.
View Quote

That's because the Feds have guidelines for legalizing MJ.  They'll look the other way as long as the states follow their guidelines.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:22:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

But Marajuana is good to go?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#39]
The 18th and 19th Amendments.

The gifts that keep on giving.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Ought to be able to buy them from the corner Jiffy store.
Cash and carry.
View Quote

That's to much hassle. Vending machines would be better, with machineguns also available
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course there's a difference!

People would never just ignore federal gun laws and do what they want.

Right?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:36:49 PM EDT
[#42]
The theory behind the Texas law is that if the suppressor is made in Texas, is sold to a Texas resident, and stays in Texas, then there is no "interstate commerce" involved, and if there is no interstate commerce, then the federal government has no authority to regulate it.

BATF will shoot that theory down by showing that the materials the suppressor is made of were not made in Texas, therefor interstate commerce IS involved, and that the
Texas law isn't worth the paper it's printed on.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:40:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The theory behind the Texas law is that if the suppressor is made in Texas, is sold to a Texas resident, and stays in Texas, then there is no "interstate commerce" involved, and if there is no interstate commerce, then the federal government has no authority to regulate it.

BATF will shoot that theory down by showing that the materials the suppressor is made of were not made in Texas, therefor interstate commerce IS involved, and that the
View Quote

They will also appeal to it “affecting commerce”, which was indicated to me by someone who had a conversation with their lawyers.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:40:39 PM EDT
[#44]
If federal law trumps state law (as some leftists were saying), wouldn't it mean that any guns laws more restrictive than federal law would also be trumped?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:47:07 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Failing that they'll just rely on the age-old argument that since it's entirely intrastate commerce it removes demand from another product which is demonstrably interstate commerce - thus not participating in interstate commerce impacts interstate commerce and it counts as interstate commerce.

Really.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

@Miami_JBT.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#48]
I wonder if this law covers a fella machining up a suppressor for his own use?
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 4:04:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Failing that they'll just rely on the age-old argument that since it's entirely intrastate commerce it removes demand from another product which is demonstrably interstate commerce - thus not participating in interstate commerce impacts interstate commerce and it counts as interstate commerce.

Really.
View Quote

The Supreme Court basically rubber-stamped that absurd idea in Wickard v. Filburn.
Link Posted: 10/31/2021 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Really.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really.

That was probably THE worst decision ever by the Supreme Court. [img]/images/smilies/icon_smile_angry.gif[/i
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top