Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/19/2022 2:56:36 PM EDT
This recently came to me via my dad.

trying to determine if it's worth anything besides a trip to the dump.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool kids and hipsters have discovered film photography.  There is at least $100 there, maybe much more.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 4:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
that flash is very popular, especially with those older cameras without a hot shoe, it has a PC cord built in. I have one and it works good on my SRT101, FTQL and Miranda F
worth around $50 if it works and the battery compartment is clean.

Link Posted: 2/19/2022 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cool kids and hipsters have discovered film photography.  There is at least $100 there, maybe much more.

View Quote

Yeah, as I mentioned in the other thread, KEH camera, who used to have many old film cameras and lenses for sale, has very little now.

OP, what is the mounted Pentax lens?
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 8:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Probably a good bit more,... it's a niche market but it's expanding rapidly.   The hipster kids would probably pay a premium for an original film camera rather than something more recent or a replica.
Link Posted: 2/19/2022 10:16:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Where is a good place to offer it?

The only place I've ever sold anything online is the EE
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 9:59:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

KEH will probably be interested, facebook marketplace might work as well.  BUT I would suggest joining a few of the "vintage camera" groups on facebook,... there are a bunch with 10s of thousands of members.   You should be able to get an idea of what it's worth before you even put it up for sale.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

KEH will probably be interested, facebook marketplace might work as well.  BUT I would suggest joining a few of the "vintage camera" groups on facebook,... there are a bunch with 10s of thousands of members.   You should be able to get an idea of what it's worth before you even put it up for sale.
View Quote

I will look at the KEH website when I have time.  Honestly its not worth my time to investigate to far (I don't even facebook) If I can get the price of shipping and cover my time going to the UPS store I'd just be happy that some nice stuff wasn't being thrown away.
Link Posted: 2/20/2022 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

KEH is an option. They buy and resell.

Also a nearby college art/photo department. The old Pentax's were fairly sought after as beginner/learner equipment.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 2:34:12 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I will look at the KEH website when I have time.  Honestly its not worth my time to investigate to far (I don't even facebook) If I can get the price of shipping and cover my time going to the UPS store I'd just be happy that some nice stuff wasn't being thrown away.
View Quote

@Currahee

Hey if you still have this stuff we can probably work something out. I’d be happy to cover shipping plus some Pmags/money for you time.

I’d use the lenses at the very least, I have couple of old Pentax bodies they fit. Your camera body is an ES which was their first electronic model, I don’t know much about them other than that. It’s definitely cool though.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 10:25:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I wish I would have seen this I just bought two 35mm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top