Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2023 3:07:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: warlord]
The Sony RX100-7 is a compact pocketable camera with a zoom equivalent of 24-200, and is one pocket camera that I would highly recommend, the only drawback is that it costs $1,500 today out the door, including tax. To me it is worth every penny, and it is the most reliable pocket camera I have owned, and it can replace my bigger cameras, of course within reason. I have Nikon D7500, D500, and Sony A6600.

A bit of background info.
I have worn out  the Canon equivalent, the S100, Canon wanted half the price of new camera to repair, so I said forget it. I bought another pocketable camera the Panasonic Lumix ZS50, it died after 3 years of hard use. The it had a standard one-year warranty and a "free" 2 year extended warranty, I used the camera for almost 3 years, and it failed on with 2 months left on the warranty, Panasonic does not have a company-based USA repair facility, they have a contractor.  the company refused to repair under warranty and even rejected my appeal saying that I misused the camera; it was not misused but heavily used. And they wanted two-thirds the price of the camera to repair.

I bought a Sony rX100-7 as a replacement, it has been working nicely for 5 years. But, I recently had a problem with my Sony RX100-7 where it was acting really weird, the lens would not zoom, and I could not access the camera's control menu by pushing the menu button, and only the on/off switched worked. I tried changing the battery and SD card to no avail. I spoke with Shirly the co-owner's wife and she said sometimes there is a problem with the SD card, and I told her that I was using SanDisk cards. She said to send it in and they will check it out and send an estimate for repair.

On a lark, i did a hard format of my 64GB Sandisk SD card, it took like 10 minutes to complete on a MS Windows laptop, and I put it back in my camera and low and behold, it worked.

I recommend this company for Sony & Canon repair.
Video One Repair
We provide quality repair services for Professional Sony and Canon cameras and camcorders nationwide.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top