Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2018 9:52:46 PM EDT
Bump stock ban, was this your last stand ?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Look, first bumpstock thread today. I think.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
This is new.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:22:17 PM EDT
[#3]
probably still see it as a move to prevent an AWB.  
their likely opinion, certainly not mine.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I doubt they are spending much time thinking about it.
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
probably still see it as a move to prevent an AWB.  
their likely opinion, certainly not mine.
View Quote
Yeah...well in reality.......it will prevent and stop not a goddamn fucking thing.....tomorrow the libs will try for the next thing.....and when they get the Presidency next.......they will used the fucking precedent set by Trump to bypass Congress advance gun control......FUCK the NRA for wanting bumpstocks to get yet another look...and fuck DJT for banning them
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 12:19:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:01:13 AM EDT
[#7]
As a long NRA supporter, all I have to say is this.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:38:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
As a long NRA supporter, all I have to say is this.
View Quote
Yup.  I think bump stocks are stupid, but this action by the ATF is all manner of wrong.  I donated to GOA and SAF yesterday to fight the new rule.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 8:44:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#10]
(Removed and warning issued - this is not the General Discussion - Paul)
Link Posted: 12/21/2018 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#11]
I am not going far enough to rescind my membership.  I am, however, stopping my automatic monthly donation to the ILA.  I am going to begin a monthly donation to the GOA.

Perpetually capitulating to avoid future legislation is a death by 1000 cuts.  Either you fight or you don't.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 1:09:15 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm not willing to give up my lifetime of supporting the NRA over a piece of cheap plastic to make your gun operate like its an automatic weapon.  I think the NRA has made a strategic decision to prepare and muster for the AWB fight that is coming that is far more impactful to gun owners.  Add the red flag laws that are bing passed in states and we are almost to the point of total gun registration and confiscation in this country.   I may not agree with everything and everyone within the NRA but I think they picked the most important fight we are facing and concentrating their resources in the right area.  I am probably going to join other gun rights organizations to help them fight for us.  It's going to get ugly so the main thing is to stick together.
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:21:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not willing to give up my lifetime of supporting the NRA over a piece of cheap plastic to make your gun operate like its an automatic weapon.  I think the NRA has made a strategic decision to prepare and muster for the AWB fight that is coming that is far more impactful to gun owners.  Add the red flag laws that are bing passed in states and we are almost to the point of total gun registration and confiscation in this country.  I may not agree with everything and everyone within the NRA but I think they picked the most important fight we are facing and concentrating their resources in the right area. I am probably going to join other gun rights organizations to help them fight for us.  It's going to get ugly so the main thing is to stick together.
View Quote
You know the NRA is for those red flag laws right?

Link Posted: 2/9/2019 10:34:37 AM EDT
[#14]
The White House under the direction of President Trump reccomends gun confiscation via red flag laws.

"The Commission endorses Extreme Risk Protection Order laws, which give authorities a temporary way to keep those who threaten society from possessing or purchasing firearms."
View Quote
Back in March 2018, Kansas Secretary of State Kris Kobach (R) had this to say about so-called red flag laws . . .

"Anti-gun interest groups and politicians have used the Parkland shooting to launch what, until recently, they regarded as a distant dream  a wave of state legislation authorizing the confiscation of firearms."
View Quote
Alas, the NRA backs the White House.

On top of that, Old Man Wayne LaPierre parrots former Democrat member of Congress and Al Gore's former VP candidate; Joe Lieberman's assault on video games.

NRA EXEC VP-VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES

The thing is, Lieberman cantilevered his attack on video games into gun control. Wayne's attack on video games is exactly the same and even hints at supporting gun control. Which, in the past he has.

Wayne LaPierre Speaks in Favor of Universal Background Checks
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#15]
The NRA cares about the NRA, how many "compromises" do they have to give into before people realize they aren't here for the 2nd amendment?
Link Posted: 2/9/2019 9:00:09 PM EDT
[#16]
So the NRA agrees with confiscating guns from those who present a threat.
Safety Report
Finally, we appreciate President Trump’s support for keeping firearms out of the hands of those who have been adjudicated by a court to be a danger to themselves or others in the form of state Extreme Risk Protection Orders -- provided they include strong due process protections, require mental health treatment, and include penalties against those who file frivolous charges to harass law-abiding citizens.
View Quote
But President trump wants to go even further and eliminate the small amount of due process I see in bills like the one WA passed.
Trump says take guns before due process
Take the firearms first and then go to court..... I like taking the guns early....Take the guns first, go through due process second.
View Quote
Senator Feinstein was sitting right next to President Trump; she didn't object to curtailing due process for gun owners either.

Randy
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 9:10:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Safety Report
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Safety Report
Finally, we appreciate President Trump’s support for keeping firearms out of the hands of those who have been adjudicated by a court to be a danger to themselves or others in the form of state Extreme Risk Protection Orders -- provided they include strong due process protections, require mental health treatment, and include penalties against those who file frivolous charges to harass law-abiding citizens.
And from what I've seen none of the ones that have passed include the parts in bold. Does anyone know if the guy in the VT case has his guns back in his own home yet? Last I saw the police returned them to him about 3 weeks after he got red flagged (because a relative who doesn't even live in his house made a threat) but the court ruled that he can't store them in his own home. He has to keep them at his friend's house.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top