Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:30:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A lady who’s a pilot with us, her husband is an attorney in Nashville.

She was telling us the other day that the stack of eviction and foreclosures his firm is preparing to file is massive unlike anything he’s ever seen and he was practicing during the 2008 housing crisis.

And this is just one law firm out of hundreds in one city. He said all other firms that handle eviction and foreclosures are reporting similar situations.

It’s gonna be a nightmare when all of this hits the fan.
View Quote

I read that 31-32% of all rent and mortgage payments were overdue in April, May, June, possibly July IIRC.  

The evictions/foreclosures will be BIBLICAL.  I just hope I can get my house sold before the housing market tanks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

There are people who are broke and unemployed right now, there are people with a Whole Lotta Money right now.

There is wealth and broke, it's not evenly distributed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A massive credit crisis and Great Recession 2.0. And we'll have inflicted it upon ourselves willfully because of a virus which won't magically go away just because we mag dumped a D60 into the economy.

We're already in Recession 2.0 right now dude
I swung by the boat dealership for grins.  Salesman said he doesn't even prep them from shipment and they are sold for msrp.  

im trying to buy a used tractor right now, and anything worth a shit disappears before I can even ask for a phone number.  

new vehicle?  Forget it

There are people who are broke and unemployed right now, there are people with a Whole Lotta Money right now.

Yep
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:32:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I read that 31-32% of all rent and mortgage payments were overdue in April, May, June, possibly July IIRC.  

The evictions/foreclosures will be BIBLICAL.  I just hope I can get my house sold before the housing market tanks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A lady who’s a pilot with us, her husband is an attorney in Nashville.

She was telling us the other day that the stack of eviction and foreclosures his firm is preparing to file is massive unlike anything he’s ever seen and he was practicing during the 2008 housing crisis.

And this is just one law firm out of hundreds in one city. He said all other firms that handle eviction and foreclosures are reporting similar situations.

It’s gonna be a nightmare when all of this hits the fan.

Damn man,
All real estate is local you may luck out

Real estate have been suppressed here since 2014 when crude tanked
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:34:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

His firm alone is handling nearly 2,000 evictions and an even bigger pile of foreclosures. With a lot of the foreclosures being rental properties where the landlords are suffering due to non rental payments.

The down stream effects of this are truly unknown to quote him, we are in completely uncharted territory.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I am looking for gun/ammo sales from people that didn't make payments to the bank and didn't go back to work and have to sell everything.  (every single bill I have gives an option for hardship due to COVID to miss a payment not be charged late fees combined with no dink in the credit report).

I am also waiting to put in more to my Roth IRA when the market takes a dip when the payments stop.  Eh, if it doesn't no big deal.
View Quote

Yea, if anyone knows a broke dick that needs to unload a 20" Colt 6550 let me know!

I will be watching pawn shops next month. lol
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:37:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Steel case hits $1 a rd. ?
View Quote

Shoot it and I guarantee you it's more than a $1.00 a round.  Self defense is no excuse.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

His firm alone is handling nearly 2,000 evictions and an even bigger pile of foreclosures. With a lot of the foreclosures being rental properties where the landlords are suffering due to non rental payments.

The down stream effects of this are truly unknown to quote him, we are in completely uncharted territory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How fucked up is it that the govt did that to landlords
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:38:39 PM EDT
[#8]
All of a sudden the COVID won't be so bad.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:38:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A massive credit crisis and Great Recession 2.0. And we'll have inflicted it upon ourselves willfully because of a virus which won't magically go away just because we mag dumped a D60 into the economy.

I swung by the boat dealership for grins.  Salesman said he doesn't even prep them from shipment and they are sold for msrp.  

im trying to buy a used tractor right now, and anything worth a shit disappears before I can even ask for a phone number.  

new vehicle?  Forget it

That's what I hear, but I haven't seen it.  I don't exactly live in the happening part of the state either.  

guess the day of reckoning is coming.  

Maybe Monday?  
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:39:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The price of a blowjob behind Walmart is going to drop significantly. The salad days are upon us.
View Quote

Hahaha...  
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:40:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who's gonna rent it then anyways?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were all served a shit sandwich. Landlords got it open faced.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Agreed and if the left gets its way again they will shut it all down again effectively killing our country
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:43:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I suspect there will be a 2nd Trumpbux.  The Commies want it, the Republicrats want it...

View Quote

I thought I heard on the news Trump saying that he wants the Trump bucks to be more than the $1,200 originally talked about for round two.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:45:17 PM EDT
[#15]
I really hope all you light spirited chuckle head guys are right. I really do.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:45:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Agreed and if the left gets its way again they will shut it all down again effectively killing our country
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Its called the Plandemic for a reason.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I thought I heard on the news Trump saying that he wants the Trump bucks to be more than the $1,200 originally talked about for round two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I suspect there will be a 2nd Trumpbux.  The Commies want it, the Republicrats want it...

The 1,200 I think is worst of both sides.

It isn't going to do anything for the economy and just get more FSA types hooked on the UBI BS.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:47:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Get a job?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:47:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

and when the extra $600/wk goes away on the 25th, expect that overdue percentage to double
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:48:40 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I get to buy up a few toys that people have been trying to sell at inflated prices.

Eyeing an ltr or a yfz 450.
View Quote

I would love to move.  I hear lots of people aren’t paying their mortgages.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:49:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The price of a blowjob behind Walmart is going to drop significantly. The salad days are upon us.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:49:37 PM EDT
[#22]
it better not be "months from now" when this happens.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:49:51 PM EDT
[#23]
What happens? All the lazy surly fucks go back to work.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:51:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Right now according to my attorney friend, huge property management companies are lining up to buy these foreclosures at pennies on the dollar leaving the original buyer on the hook for the leftovers. They have the capital to sit on them while the market works out a new price point for rent. Then they’ll shove people who can barely afford them into those properties for a year or two, those folks will either default or move out because they can’t afford rent. The PM companies will move on to the next renter.

We’ve become a nation of renters and there’s no shortage of people willing to pay $1,000 to $2,000 a month in rent for short term housing. A lot of these are multiple roommates or even two families living together just to survive.

It’s sad to hear him tell his stories...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:51:35 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ve heard from several people who hire for their businesses and they say the few who are bothering to apply are expecting at least $800 a week or forget it.
The plan is working.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:52:05 PM EDT
[#26]
We have helicopters, and we have printing presses.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 10:55:13 PM EDT
[#27]
Second Stimulus Check During Pandemic Could Go Out As Early As August

"The U.S. House already passed the $3 trillion HEROES Act, which includes a second stimulus payment."

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/14/second-stimulus-check-coronavirus-pandemic/

Lol. People not keeping up with the news, or just really don't think it'll pass the Senate? Trump has been pressuring Republicans in Congress to get him a second round of Trump bucks.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:00:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Trump should say if states want to lock down again then they are responsible for the unemployment payments. I bet not a single state locks down again after that.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:04:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Trump should say if states want to lock down again then they are responsible for the unemployment payments. I bet not a single state locks down again after that.
View Quote

CA locking down again to try and extort federal $ after their first attempt at getting a fed bailout for their retardation failed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:04:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

But we haven't even begun to feel the real agonizing pain.

We're just in the waiting room for the real suck. Think crime and civil unrest is high now? Wait until the avg dumbass American who was living well beyond their means financing overpriced vehicles, boats, and living house poor starts getting their shit repo'd and is unable to put food on the table.

There are tons of people right now who have taken advantage of the mortgage forbearance and their unemployment income to finance more shit instead of squirreling away the saving

Maybe at best 30% of Americans are doing things right with their personal finances and aren't reliant on the govt. Even Conservatives are blowing ridiculous amounts of coin on stupid trucks and boats and other shit they can't really afford.

Our country is full of dumbass debtors and welfare slags, and we're all about to get our lunch eaten. And if Biden wins? LOL. Game over. Enjoy our future living in a failed soviet satellite state, where everything is rotting, rusting, falling apart, and dysfunctional, but throw in more ghetto goblin crime and mob rule.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:07:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We're just in the waiting room for the real suck. Think crime and civil unrest is high now? Wait until the avg dumbass American who was living well beyond their means financing overpriced vehicles, boats, and living house poor starts getting their shit repo'd and is unable to put food on the table.

There are tons of people right now who have taken advantage of the mortgage forbearance and their unemployment income to finance more shit instead of squirreling away the saving

Maybe at best 30% of Americans are doing things right with their personal finances and aren't reliant on the govt. Even Conservatives are blowing ridiculous amounts of coin on stupid trucks and boats and other shit they can't really afford.

Our country is full of dumbass debtors and welfare slags, and we're all about to get our lunch eaten. And if Biden wins? LOL. Game over. Enjoy our future living in a failed soviet satellite state, where everything is rotting, rusting and falling apart, and dysfunctional, but throw in more ghetto crime and mob rule.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/28/article-0-1A28170800000578-152_634x419.jpg

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/CNTH02/a-derelict-factory-in-manchester-CNTH02.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8f/33/5c/8f335cde40675da2ef71afbbe074bb11.jpg
https://i.insider.com/557f5fd46da8118f0a322ae6?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Our country is full of dumbass debtors and welfare slags, and we're all about to get our lunch eaten. And if Biden wins? LOL. Game over. Enjoy our future living in a failed soviet satellite state, where everything is rotting, rusting and falling apart, and dysfunctional, but throw in more ghetto crime and mob rule.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/12/28/article-0-1A28170800000578-152_634x419.jpg

https://c8.alamy.com/comp/CNTH02/a-derelict-factory-in-manchester-CNTH02.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8f/33/5c/8f335cde40675da2ef71afbbe074bb11.jpg
https://i.insider.com/557f5fd46da8118f0a322ae6?width=1100&format=jpeg&auto=webp

Hey God Damn it I want a Buran too!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:14:29 PM EDT
[#32]
Hoping for more trump bux so I can buy more shit to enjoy my simple life before the end of the world as we know it

Maybe Trump Broncos?  That would be cool!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:16:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
More riots and looting coming.

Next push by FSA will be for a “guaranteed income”.
View Quote

"If you give a mouse a crack-cookie..."
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:16:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep, ends July 25th (atleast here in TX)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The extra $600?

It runs out at the end of this month.

Yep, ends July 25th (atleast here in TX)

But it's okay, TWC isn't requiring anyone to actually demonstrate they're looking for work, LOL!
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:17:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Crime will go up so fast.  People need to buy food and shelter.  It will happen all over the country.  Even small towns will suffer.  The big cities will burn.
View Quote

Little late for those predictions
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#36]
No idea.  I pulled out of my Covid hibernation today to see help wanted signs on a bunch of businesses.  Maybe you could come to TN and get a job?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Right now according to my attorney friend, huge property management companies are lining up to buy these foreclosures at pennies on the dollar leaving the original buyer on the hook for the leftovers. They have the capital to sit on them while the market works out a new price point for rent. Then they'll shove people who can barely afford them into those properties for a year or two, those folks will either default or move out because they can't afford rent. The PM companies will move on to the next renter.

We've become a nation of renters and there's no shortage of people willing to pay $1,000 to $2,000 a month in rent for short term housing. A lot of these are multiple roommates or even two families living together just to survive.

It's sad to hear him tell his stories...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right now according to my attorney friend, huge property management companies are lining up to buy these foreclosures at pennies on the dollar leaving the original buyer on the hook for the leftovers. They have the capital to sit on them while the market works out a new price point for rent. Then they'll shove people who can barely afford them into those properties for a year or two, those folks will either default or move out because they can't afford rent. The PM companies will move on to the next renter.

We've become a nation of renters and there's no shortage of people willing to pay $1,000 to $2,000 a month in rent for short term housing. A lot of these are multiple roommates or even two families living together just to survive.

It's sad to hear him tell his stories...
I suspect banks will work with mortgage holders to an extent.  Banks want $$ not property.  They have done that in the past.

I got a buddy that is a commercial loan officer for a large regional bank around here.  I'm gonna pick his brain a bit.  See what he says and what he sees going forward.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:25:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Reparations
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:31:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Get a job?
View Quote

Shit like this just makes you sound ignorant. I work for an insurance broker so i see a huge variation of businesses. They are ALL impacted in one way or another. Some are at 20% of last year, some 50%, some close to the same. The ONLY businesses doing slightly better are in logistics/trucking. BUT that is starting to slow down. The only reason they were up is because people stayed home and ordered shit online and spent their vacation money on a new tv/atv/car, etc..

That shit aint sustainable though because so many people arent going back to work. Our economy is literally destroyed, but we just dont know it yet. If you arent stacking cash right now it is your funeral...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:34:47 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

They are trying to stave off another "rea estate crisis" and don't give a crap how many individual owners it hurts as long as it plays well on the news... They are trying to delay the issue until employment returns...
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:36:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
With the extra $600/week, it was just about what I took home. I was permanently laid off the end of March. Had a phone interview today and an in person first interview with a different company tomorrow.

Not all of us on unemployment are sluggards and actually want to work, but finding a job is tough.
View Quote

Yep. My entire industry is shut down until spring, or later.

The extra unemployment brings me to about 50% of what I was making on the road.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:36:54 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The 1,200 I think is worst of both sides.

It isn't going to do anything for the economy and just get more FSA types hooked on the UBI BS.
View Quote

Oh it did a LOT for the economy. It sold massive amounts of Cars,boats,ATVs, and RVs.   Come in with your Trump bucks down payment and get delayed terms for as long as possible.

Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:37:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:42:11 PM EDT
[#44]
The economy is going to be 100% fucked, I work in specialty alloys and we are down 30% , the company has been using the unemployment to help keep costs down so actual firings have been kept minimal. But once the federal $$$ runs out I predict some serious hurting.

This might make the Great Depression look like a cake walk and we did it for basically nothing IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:47:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You don't know how right you are. Nanny is already fighting for 3 trillion more. That's "trillion" with a "t".
View Quote

One trillion. Two trillion. Ten trillion. At this point, what difference does it make?
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:49:27 PM EDT
[#46]
WarGames (3/11) Movie CLIP - Shall We Play a Game? (1983) HD
Link Posted: 7/14/2020 11:57:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
A buncha W2 Wage Bros who rode the Unemployment Gravy Train and laughed all the way to the bank will cry and vote Democrat because "Trump fucked me over."
View Quote
They largely don't vote so whatever.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:04:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Wanna bet?
They’ll all go to those huge property management companies back by the big gorilla investment firms who’s one goal is to create a nation of renters.
From a nation of homeowners to a nation of renters
View Quote

No doubt. But I think local banks, and big banks on the COVID train, will delay as long as they can.

This is a good time to buy. Terrible time to be in debt, but if the sellers were smart, they would have rented.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:09:12 AM EDT
[#49]
A NYS Trooper I know said that back in the last recession they were arresting educated people who previously had good jobs for crimes you would have never thought such people would ever commit. So if things do not get back to normal lives will be ruined and desperate people will do desperate things.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 12:13:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

new vehicle?  Forget it
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

new vehicle?  Forget it

That’s insane. Shits going to get a lot worse.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top