Quoted:

mostly the Boomers that still use the term "Colored"
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody.

For a website full of people who cry about fake news, this place eats it up at an astonishing rate.

It's fucking embarrassing.

People "of color"=colored people.  Adding ED to the end of an adjective makes it describe the person.  

At least that is how I mess with teh liberals in my wife's family.  Most don't know the rules of grammar well enough to realize I'm messing with them.  The term "of Color" is stupid and racist anyway.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm...Sorry OP, but the serpentine belt "story" is fake news.  From all appearances, the noose story is legitimate, not the Facebook post claiming it was only a serpentine belt

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jun/22/facebook-posts/no-nascar-didnt-say-noose-found-bubba-wallaces-gar/

But one Facebook user claims that these investigations are apparently already over, sharing a purported announcement from NASCAR that Wallace confused a circular serpentine automotive belt for a noose.
The post, made to look like a screenshot of a news report, reads:
"Talladega, Ala. – NASCAR said a serpentine belt was confused as a noose in Bubba Wallace’s garage stall at Talladega Speedway in Alabama on Sunday. Wallace, who is from Mobile, is the only Black driver in the Cup Series
In a statement released Sunday night, NASCAR said, ‘Late this afternoon, NASCAR was made aware that something that resembled a noose was found in the garage stall of the 43 team. We were angry and outraged, and cannot state strongly enough how seriously we took this allegation. We launched an immediate investigation, and determined Bubba Wallace had mistaken a 26" serpentine automotive belt for a noose.’"

In the caption, the user wrote: "What a moron! Can’t drive and don’t even know what a serpentine belt is. Get everybody all stirred up over your stupidity AGAIN!!!!"
The post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)

NASCAR made no such announcement.
The statement is not on NASCAR’s website or social media accounts.

Despite its appearance as a news story, the supposed development has not been reported by any news organization. The most we could find was this unsourced photo on social media.  
The faux statement contains some similarities to the real one that NASCAR released on June 21, but it also has notable differences, particularly the omission of a serpentine belt.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:08:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Fake ass news. Stop believing everything you see on Facebook.

Everyone else stop bitching he said colored. People of color, colored, what the fuck ever
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe it was a redneck bowtie
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

LOLOLOL.....so many white knights though in GD.

Only reason I'm gonna keep reading this thread is to hear all of them call your a RACISSSSSST
View Quote

Yep........ I love it when the old worn out race card gets chunked out into the middle of the table...... I gotta go eat my "white privileged " BBQed pulled pork burgers now......Yall have fun.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:13:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

If you would stroll your pathetic virtue signaling tear stained face over to the NAACP website and read what that acronym stands for, you just might get the fuck over yourself.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The majority of ARF GD will believe anything that confirms their bias.

View Quote

I've been saying this for years. Yes, there is Fake News but you can't simply call anything you don't agree with as fake.

Countless times I'll see people on social media post a link to a story that has multiple credible sources (real people/not "anonymous"), transcripts or video of the person saying it, or other very clear evidence that it actually happened. Yet 90% of the comments are people screaming "More fake news!!!!!!" simply because they don't want it to be true.

Then you have the same people that will find some random MS Paint created news story on Facebook (with zero sources) that confirms what they already want to believe and start screaming "I told you so!!!!" My email inbox used to be filled with these Re:Re:Re:Re: BS emails from my grandparents or older relatives and now these same people scream the loudest about being the experts on fake news.

Kind of like the flow chart for negative/positive news stories:

An event happens that you DO agree with? It's a true story and you can believe it 100% without question.
An event happens that you DON'T agree with? It's now a Deep State False Flag conspiracy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:16:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Serpentine = serpent = Satan = Evil = racist = noose.
Serpentine belts are obviously racist and evil.
View Quote

I've put them on a few cars over the years. I never found them racist but a couple were definitely evil. Especially on V6 FWD cars.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:17:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Colored....
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:18:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think he's wondering if you've ever actually seen a serpentine belt in it's packaging.

I'm wondering that too.
View Quote

Even assuming the "story" the OP is referring to is accurate, where did it say it was still in the package?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you would stroll your pathetic virtue signaling tear stained face over to the NAACP website and read what that acronym stands for, you just might get the fuck over yourself.
View Quote

Lol, there's a 0% chance you use the term "colored" in every day parlance, tough guy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:20:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've been saying this for years. Yes, there is Fake News but you can't simply call anything you don't agree with as fake.

Countless times I'll see people on social media post a link to a story that has multiple credible sources (real people/not "anonymous"), transcripts or video of the person saying it, or other very clear evidence that it actually happened. Yet 90% of the comments are people screaming "More fake news!!!!!!" simply because they don't want it to be true.

Then you have the same people that will find some random MS Paint created news story on Facebook (with zero sources) that confirms what they already want to believe and start screaming "I told you so!!!!" My email inbox used to be filled with these Re:Re:Re:Re: BS emails from my grandparents or older relatives and now these same people scream the loudest about being the experts on fake news.

An event happens that you DO agree with? It's a true story and you can believe it 100% without question.
An event happens that you DON'T agree with? It's now a Deep State False Flag conspiracy.
View Quote

Don't you have a thread to report to?    nothing you say has any credibility here anymore.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:20:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You mean the picture of an article with no source that the OP is talking about? Yeah fake news. Hoax and all that. Not surprising an ARCOMMER fell for it.

When are people going to learn that anyone can make up some bullshit and put it on Facebook?

https://scontent.ffod1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/105485481_10157299055421723_6126884407842303028_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=hBUtraGzh70AX8Jumkv&_nc_ht=scontent.ffod1-1.fna&oh=1750bfcc7c28e3f69956b705a6541282&oe=5F176222
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These things are always hoaxes.

You mean the picture of an article with no source that the OP is talking about? Yeah fake news. Hoax and all that. Not surprising an ARCOMMER fell for it.

When are people going to learn that anyone can make up some bullshit and put it on Facebook?

https://scontent.ffod1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/105485481_10157299055421723_6126884407842303028_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=1480c5&_nc_ohc=hBUtraGzh70AX8Jumkv&_nc_ht=scontent.ffod1-1.fna&oh=1750bfcc7c28e3f69956b705a6541282&oe=5F176222
Wow.  That's some seriously low quality Facebook trolling.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:20:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The longer this goes with no proof the more likely it was bullshit
View Quote

It happened less than 24hrs ago and is likely a major investigation.

Again, this happens with every controversial news story.

Evidence takes longer to come out: "Oh, it MUST be bullshit. We're not getting any information. The silence is saying a lot. Must be working overtime on giving this lie some credibility."

Evidence comes out immediately: "Oh, how convenient. Already have a smoking gun within 24hrs? Hmmmm...sounds like this was planned out way ahead of time. I smell something fishy here."

Like no matter what happens, people find an excuse to doubt it.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:21:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Yup...they just refuse to suck the political correctness cock.
View Quote

I didn't claim that "Colored" was offensive or Un-PC, only that nobody under 50-60 really uses it anymore, hence "Boomer".  

I'm not easily offended, just pointing out terminology that dates a person (especially when they run here to post potentially bogus info).

Growing up we had a black lab named "Jiggs" (but we couldn't call hime by his full name in public).

For the NAACP comment folks, heres a good interview to read.  It is from 2008 and was the president of the NAACP answering questions about the term colored in their name.

https://www.wral.com/ask-anything-10-questions-with-naacp-president-rev-william-barber/4142989/

Anyway, knock yourself out.....just an observation.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:22:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Yup...they just refuse to suck the political correctness cock.
View Quote

And for the record...you brought up sucking cock.  I'm not sure why some of you always go directly to cock.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:22:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Is that what we call them now?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:24:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Thread has serious potential
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sure daddy-o, but first I'm gonna go listen to some doo-wop at the soda fountain. After I check the website I can put on my saddle dancing shoes and cruise on down to the sock hop in my deuce coupe.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Lol, there's a 0% chance you use the term "colored" in every day parlance, tough guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your statistics are incorrect, Karen.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And for the record...you brought up sucking cock.  I'm not sure why some of you always go directly to cock.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:26:26 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Is that what we call them now?
View Quote

Lol in public at least
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Saying colored in GD is apparently like fishing with dynamite
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Colored....
View Quote
NAACP National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

UNCF United Negro College Fund.

I'm shocked to see these racist organizations still in existence...shocked!
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:29:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Sure daddy-o, but first I'm gonna go listen to some doo-wop at the soda fountain. After I check the website I can put on my saddle dancing shoes and cruise on down to the sock hop in my deuce coupe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm 61 years old and born/raised in a time foreign to you. If you live long enough, which I doubt from the snotty attitude that you exhibit,  you too eill seem different to the smart assed "kids" that you interact with.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The announcement the the noose found in the colored NASCAR drivers stall was actually a serpentine belt.

I laughed my ass off over that dumb shit, walked outside to do some chores and found that my truck had commited suicide with it's own serpentine belt!

Just goes to show that anything can be a dildo noose if you're brave enough.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:30:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Didn't all the drivers go out and the guy's car around or something? Pathetic, if I watched nascar I'd stop.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:31:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Don't you have a thread to report to?    nothing you say has any credibility here anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought you were leaving?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:33:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm 61 years old and born/raised in a time foreign to you. If you live long enough, which I doubt from the snotty attitude that you exhibit,  you too eill seem different to the smart assed "kids" that you interact with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So what you are saying is eli was spot on with the boomer comment?

It also explains your gullibility.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:33:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The announcement the the noose found in the colored NASCAR drivers stall was actually a serpentine belt.

I laughed my ass off over that dumb shit, walked outside to do some chores and found that my truck had commited suicide with it's own serpentine belt!

Just goes to show that anything can be a dildo noose if you're brave enough.
View Quote

really colored, why not be a man, and use the word you intended to use.

Also if you are going to post something can you provide  a somewhat legitimate source.

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:34:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Colored....
View Quote

How the referred to themselves when I grew up.
And how whites referred to them as well.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Just let him win the race and show him how sorry we are for being white.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:37:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Not going the way op thought.....
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

It happened less than 24hrs ago and is likely a major investigation.

Again, this happens with every controversial news story.

Evidence takes longer to come out: "Oh, it MUST be bullshit. We're not getting any information. The silence is saying a lot. Must be working overtime on giving this lie some credibility."

Evidence comes out immediately: "Oh, how convenient. Already have a smoking gun within 24hrs? Hmmmm...sounds like this was planned out way ahead of time. I smell something fishy here."

Like no matter what happens, people find an excuse to doubt it.
View Quote

Why did the story come out with zero credibility?   Political theater is all it is.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:39:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in my 30s, you're just dealing with snowflake white knights.

It's not a boomer thing, it's fucking snowflake crybaby thing.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Colored? Do you live in 1961?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Colored isn’t acceptable but People of Color is?
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#37]
Longtime members continue to disappoint.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:51:30 PM EDT
[#38]
fuck it im in
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#39]
It's like trying to do a magic trick at a school for retards.

Making fun of a fake internet story that tries to turn a noose into a serpentine belt and all the slobbering booger eaters do is whine about the verbiage or the assistants different COLORED shoe laces.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:56:10 PM EDT
[#40]
999 times out of 1000, these things end up being fake. I can understand why he's not ready to jump on the "racists everywhere" bandwagon. I'm surprised so many of you are.

It's shitty to think that some dumb Florida man would actually do that. It almost seems like a publicity stunt given the nature of race tensions in America right now. Asking questions doesn't make you racist, or dumb.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:56:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh fuck boom headshot.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:57:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Longtime members continue to disappoint.
View Quote

OP had internet in 2001, all the world's knowledge at his fingertips, used it to pass 5th grade.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:58:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
These things are always hoaxes.

Dumbass's shirt needs to read "I can't think"

Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:59:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Serpentine = serpent = Satan = Evil = racist = noose.
Serpentine belts are obviously racist and evil.
View Quote

Symbols of slavery that bind the output pulley to do the bidding of the input.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
It's like trying to do a magic trick at a school for retards.

Making fun of a fake internet story that tries to turn a noose into a serpentine belt and all the slobbering booger eaters do is whine about the verbiage or the assistants different COLORED shoe laces.
View Quote

Yea, you didn’t make the thread in an attempt to make fun of the fake story.

But nice try though.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 7:59:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

SAVAGE.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:00:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody.

For a website full of people who cry about fake news, this place eats it up at an astonishing rate.

It’s fucking embarrassing.

Or the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Maybe it would be better if the OP had said "people of color."
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I'm in my 30s, you're just dealing with snowflake white knights.

It's not a boomer thing, it's fucking snowflake crybaby thing.
View Quote

Yep.... They done throwed the awful race card just like that meant poop any more........Trolling whippersnappers......Kind of like pissants scurrying around when you pee in their ant hill.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:07:52 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Or the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.

Maybe it would be better if the OP had said "people of color."
View Quote

Let me post this again since people can't seem to read everything before their own version of "Virtue Signaling"..

From above...

"I didn't claim that "Colored" was offensive or Un-PC, only that nobody under 50-60 really uses it anymore, hence "Boomer".  

I'm not easily offended, just pointing out terminology that dates a person (especially when they run here to post potentially bogus info).

For the NAACP comment folks, heres a good interview to read.  It is from 2008 and was the president of the NAACP answering questions about the term colored in their name.

https://www.wral.com/ask-anything-10-questions-with-naacp-president-rev-william-barber/4142989/

Anyway, knock yourself out.....just an observation."
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 8:08:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I know plenty of people your age or older. The only one talking about "colored" people is my 95yo grandmother with dementia. And I imagine very few of them would fall for a fake story like you did. You mention my "snotty" attitude as it relates to my age. What's your excuse?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top