Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2019 6:15:09 PM EDT
So, the Steyr AUG-A3 never released in 300BLK for the USA market?

Google-fu turned up lots of mentions, some YEARS old, a few "soon to be announced" articles, and even some SHOT show AUG's with big "300BLK" letters, but so far... nothing?

I also didn't see anything on Steyr's website even mentioning it.

I really like the AUG, esp the NATO version, but would like 300BLK.  Is IWI X95 the only bullpup option in that caliber?  (yes, I have seen braced pistols like the SIG Rattler... looking specifically for bullpup)
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:17:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
It keeps being teased but it never shows up

You could always get an AUG with a NATO stock in 5.56 and swap the barrel in seconds if they ever release a 300BLK version. I love my AUG.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]
300 blackout is still a thing?
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]
It's the American AK 47 round. There, I said it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:48:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Same situation as Beretta with the ARX100.

.300 Black is lame, but 7.62x39, 6.5 Grendel, 5.45x39, etc. would have been cool.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:53:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 6:54:37 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I heard, the Aug is fairly loud suppressed.  Does not seem to me like a great 300blk attribute.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
From what I heard, the Aug is fairly loud suppressed.  Does not seem to me like a great 300blk attribute.
View Quote
The exposed piston makes it noisier than other platforms suppressed. There was an AUG specific suppressor that covered up the piston at one point but it seems to have dropped off the market.

I also don't see why you'd want a rifle optimized for longer barrel lengths chambered for a cartridge tailored for shorter barrel lengths but that's just me.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:03:12 PM EDT
[#9]
For suppressor use!  
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:03:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's the American AK 47 round. There, I said it.
View Quote

It's funny because it's true.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:07:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

The exposed piston makes it noisier than other platforms suppressed. There was an AUG specific suppressor that covered up the piston at one point but it seems to have dropped off the market.

I also don't see why you'd want a rifle optimized for longer barrel lengths chambered for a cartridge tailored for shorter barrel lengths but that's just me.
View Quote
While I agree that .330 BLK does really well out of a short barrel.  That doesnt mean it looses anything with a long one.  In fact it is even more quiet out of them.  Better accuracy to boot.  With out a can it doesnt make much sense, but with one its the tits.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 7:59:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
I understand the questions about choosing 300BLK, and they are reasonable questions to ask.

For my situation, I have a few short barrel (6" or less) weapons in 300BLK that I really like and would be difficult to replace with 5.56.   So I'm trying to "retire" my 2 remaining 5.56 rifles, and shoot just 300BLK for my PDW and carbine fun.

The main reason is that I'm trying to avoid a catastrophic situation by simultaneous usage of both 300BLK and 5.56 cartridges -- they are just too similar and it would be far too easy to quite literally blow up a rifle and quite possibly seriously injure someone with just one 300BLK round where a 5.56 round was supposed to be.  Yes, I know -- training, discipline, etc should handle that, but the cost of failure is just too high, and the EASE of making that mistake is too great for my personal comfort level.  My only other option is to get rid of my very short barrel 300BLK weapons all together -- I've thought about that too, and in fact am still considering that option.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 8:28:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I want a 308 AUG or maybe even a 6.8 SPC AUG. Don't care for a 300blk bullpup, don't need a long barrel for this caliber. It's as lame as a 9mm bullpup.
Link Posted: 9/25/2019 8:40:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Shoot. I need to get one in 5.56 before I can worry about 300Blackout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top