Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/24/2019 11:32:35 PM EDT
How long until Pepé Lapew and his cronies run out of money and time?
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:45:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Till the cuffs go on
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 1:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
As long as his shadow backers find him useful.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 6:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
he needs to go
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 6:31:25 AM EDT
[#4]
you know what's sad...  I got a great life member leather jacket when I upped my member a couple of years ago.

I'm embarrassed to wear it.
Link Posted: 10/25/2019 10:00:52 AM EDT
[#5]
With all the donations being held back at this point I'd imagine they are making huge program cuts. Guess they are still taking in enough to line their pokets.
Link Posted: 11/5/2019 2:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Until he and the board that supported him are gone....not one more dime.  It is a bad feeling to get suckered by an organization you supported for decades.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 4:21:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
you know what's sad...  I got a great life member leather jacket when I upped my member a couple of years ago.

I'm embarrassed to wear it.
View Quote
So true.

I stopped wearing all of my NRA gear too.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 5:46:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Every time they call I tell them the same thing "not one more dime till Wayne and Marion are gone "
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
How long until Pepé Lapew and his cronies run out of money and time?
View Quote
Like Hitler...

until the very very end...
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 7:09:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Every time they call I tell them the same thing "not one more dime till Wayne and Marion are gone "
View Quote
I'm almost tempted to be put back on the call list.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#11]
as much as I hate the lords of Fairfax and their cronies, you guys at the local level have been and are doing great work.  Hang in there and keep your heads up high.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 12:53:14 PM EDT
[#12]
He is dug in like a tick

He took a page out of King Kong un’s playbook and purged the dissenters already
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 1:17:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Sucks, my membership expired on 10/31.  I told them via emails why multiple times and no reply.  Talked to a rep who didn't really seem to care.   I'll donate to GOA and 2AF.  Sucks to see what the NRA has done to itself.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#14]
There are still members on this forum donating to them. I imagine they have enough blind faith followers to keep going for a few years. Programs will get cut, basically anything but high level administration costs.
Link Posted: 11/6/2019 1:54:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I just renewed my membership, not a lot of choice as if I let my NRA membership lapse I lose my club membership at the shooting range.
I wish WLP would have just retired and let the next generation take control, but it looks like he is determined to destroy what he built.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 9:04:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Until he and the board that supported him are gone....not one more dime.
View Quote
They aren't going anywhere because anyone decent doesn't want a BOD job nowadays (ie: Adam Kraut) so they're not getting replaced.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 10:42:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
They aren't going anywhere because anyone decent doesn't want a BOD job nowadays (ie: Adam Kraut) so they're not getting replaced.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Until he and the board that supported him are gone....not one more dime.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#18]
As much a as Wayne sucks, without the NRA our gun rights are toast.

A few things to remember

W/o the NRA we would not be able to bye post ban rifles right now, that’s a fact. A cold hard fact. Anyone who says any different wasn’ t paying attention in the 04 period. Did bush allow the ban to lapse because he loved ar15’s.  Or was it because the NRA lobbied his ass and he needed their support. Go back and watch the news from that time period.

Also I know they played a huge role in Trumps election. Millions of dollars and tone of adds, I think they were number 3 in total donations.

Heller decision that’s NRA too.

This hate for the only origination that can actually make a difference in Washington is sad.

When I see hit pieces of the news calling the GOA a terrorist organization I might start to believe otherwise, until then, we need the NRA worts and all.

Blaze away
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

A few things to remember

W/o the NRA we would not be able to bye post ban rifles right now, that’s a fact. A cold hard fact. Anyone who says any different wasn’ t paying attention in the 04 period. Did bush allow the ban to lapse because he loved ar15’s.  Or was it because the NRA lobbied his ass and he needed their support. Go back and watch the news from that time period.

Also I know they played a huge role in Trumps election. Millions of dollars and tone of adds, I think they were number 3 in total donations.

This hate for the only origination that can actually make a difference in Washington is sad.

When I see hit pieces of the news calling the GOA a terrorist organization I might start to believe otherwise, until then, we need the NRA worts and all.

Blaze away
View Quote
Your home state is about to take a big ole veiny gun control donkey dick in the keister....where’s Wayne?  Buying a suit, banging his girlfriend...or begging for more money to blow?  Pretty sure We know where he isn’t....doing actual support for gun rights.
Link Posted: 11/28/2019 11:36:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

A few things to remember

Blaze away
View Quote
Didn't Ole Wayne & Co. argue against Heller, until the last minute?
Link Posted: 11/29/2019 2:22:09 PM EDT
[#21]
WLP is a turd. I know that. If burning down the nra is the only way to get rid of him, we are screwed.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 12:21:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
WLP is a turd. I know that. If burning down the nra is the only way to get rid of him, we are screwed.
View Quote
I’m with Gentleman Farmer. WLP and NRA have accomplished a lot. They have incrementally regained some of our lost rights, choosing select cases to try and politicians to support to get us where we are. There have been solid gains. There have been some losses. Overall the trajectory has been positive.

WLP is not perfect. He may be past his prime. He is a Lightning Rod for the Liberal Elites and MSM, but only because he and NRA have been successful in forwarding 2A rights.

WE need to hold he and the BOD accountable. The BOD needs to LEAD. Certainly some have tried, some are mere rubber stamps, and some don’t show up at all. We need BOD members committed to 2A and NRA, not selected only for name recognition. Have you contacted any BOD members?

In the last election, I didn’t vote FOR Mr. Trump, but rather AGAINST Hillary. He was least likely to cause harm, and most likely to further our cause (though he is no Conservative or real 2A supporter). So far it was a good choice and I have been happy with the progress. As Gentleman Farmer said, NRA isn’t perfect, but it’s the best choice.

I recently sent in a Life Membership application for my fifth grandchild. Through the years the NRA has got a lot of my money. But I’m ALL IN on the U.S., our Constitution (especially the 2A), and the NRA. I will not turn my back, but rather work within the system to effect positive change. Just like the NRA has done for me, even before I was a member. While there certainly are other worthy organizations, the NRA is best positioned to further the 2A cause, warts and all.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 12:27:49 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
That's how I remember it.  the NRA didn't want Heller to be pursued.  Until victory happened of course, then they jumped up and took credit.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:09:44 PM EDT
[#24]
My view is that the "inside the Belt-Way" oppositional action of the NRA has done us terrible harm in the long run.  The NRA could have stood for responsible, safe, cooperative approaches to firearm use.  Instead, they played on members' emotions by casting the organization as being in opposition to everyone and everything aimed at resolving matters around Nut-Balls using firearms to carelessly hurt people.

The polarity NRA has created in the matter of firearms ownership will bite us all on the ass, big time.  I hear no 'reasonable' ideas coming from the opposition about how to handle the right to firearms ownership.  It has gotten so polarized that numb-nuts O'Roarke even thought he had license to openly say "we are going to take your guns away."  People with bad ideas feel empowered to take matters into their own hands because the NRA has been devoid of leadership, good ideas, and political savvy.  The notion that talking about solutions to peoples' concerns is tantamount to capitulating to the "opposition" is the stupid game that Inside-the-Beltway organizations always play.  It only works until the organization across the street gets more money/power.

Stupid waste of our great legacy.

Thanks for letting me vent.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:13:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Until he gets as much gun control enacted as possible
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#26]
After 25 years they have pulled support for the Bianchi Cup.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 3:32:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Decades ago I watched other organizations fall prey to greed and mismanagement. It's the human way for a large portion of the planet. I never joined the NRA and am glad that I didn't. My heart and head were correct in seeing the future from my position so long ago. My Dad taught me a lesson about organizations fifty years ago with a story about the Red Cross vs. The Salvation Army. In WW2 the RC would come to his air base just south of London and SELL coffee and donuts. The SalvationArmy would come around and GIVE AWAY coffee and donuts. As I got older and became seriously interested in how to influence events I never forgot that. Looking around at the salaries reported for senior execs of "charity" groups along with the net % of collected funds distributed to their causes it became quite clear what he had taught me about what he saw in his early years hasn't changed at all. Greed and isolation from the peons is the way the graft is supported and continued. Nope,,,,,not sorry one bit about the NRA going down the tubes. After all, as we are seeing in Virginia, money doesn't work nearly as well as firepower and fear. Cheaper too,,,and we don't need $3000 suits to fight in.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
WE need to hold he and the BOD accountable. The BOD needs to LEAD. Certainly some have tried, some are mere rubber stamps, and some don’t show up at all. We need BOD members committed to 2A and NRA, not selected only for name recognition. Have you contacted any BOD members?
View Quote
Yes, I've contacted the entire board numerous times by email and regular mail and never got a single reply. How do you propose to hold them accountable? They don't care. According to their numerous statements over the past year there's nothing wrong. You can also forget about getting anyone worthwhile elected to the board because, as we saw with Adam Kraut, no one worthwhile even wants the job anymore. Not to mention that most life members don't give a fuck and don't even bother to vote. Wayne and his cronies will be there as long as they want and if they ever do step down their replacement will just be another NRA swamp creature.
Link Posted: 12/30/2019 9:27:25 AM EDT
[#29]
If you go to the NRA facebook page you will see there are plenty of folks ready and willing to donate to the WLP shitty looking suit and thot fund.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:03:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

A few things to remember

Blaze away
View Quote
The GOA is the organization the beltway politicians are afraid of.  They say things like "this group will actually put up billboards against you."  You can make a case that the NRA has done some good, but they are not strong defenders of the 2nd Amendment.  They supported GCA '68 which in my opinion is a huge reason firearms rights have become so eroded the past 5 decades.  You'll note the gains in gun rights that HAVE occurred, have been since groups like GOA and 2AF have formed.  These are people that are actually getting things done, getting people involved instead of simply asking for your donation.  NRA cherry picks which gun control measures they want to support or put opposition against. They are excellent at fear-mongering.  They are the CNN of the firearms world.  Many ranges require you to be a member.  I wonder how low their membership would plummet if this weren't the case.

How hard can it possibly be take the correct stance that GOA has and founding fathers envisioned in regards to 2A?
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 2:20:17 PM EDT
[#31]
Until the money runs out.
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
the nra, wayne and company tried to keep Heller from the supreme court, Gura and Heller said fuck you we are going anyway

the nra joined in after they decided the case was going with or without them, then they took a lot of the credit for the win

this action started me thinking about the nra in a negative way
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 2:27:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
With all the donations being held back at this point I'd imagine they are making huge program cuts. Guess they are still taking in enough to line their pokets.
View Quote
They just bumped up trainer renewal fees
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:46:55 PM EDT
[#34]
People seem to think the NRA is something it's not, and has never really been. It's never been a gun rights organization. It was formed after the civil war to teach marksmanship because apparently people really sucked at shooting in the war, they didn't get involved politically until the 20's or 30's. They have supported pretty much every major gun control law we have since then, including the '34 NFA, '38 GCA, '68 GCA, and many more. Throughout the 1900's, they've supported things like registration, universal background checks, waiting periods, permits for carry/purchasing, and more. Even recently, they have supported the bumpstock ban and red flag laws. They are no friend to the 2A, and the sooner gun owners realize that, the better. The NRA has become a corrupt corporation at this point, caring only about profits and running the organization much like our corrupt government. Voting will not work, the board will not allow people who put members above profit to be elected, and those who speak out are cast out. Members must vote with their wallets, and if the NRA falls, it will be their own fault. Despite what they'd have you believe, they aren't the "gorilla in the room" anymore, our rights will not disappear without them. I keep seeing people defend WLP's absurd salary, claiming he has an incredibly difficult job and is under constant scrutiny so he deserves it. I'd do his job for 5% of what he makes and I can guarantee I'd do a better job than him simply because I wouldn't sell out my fellow gun owners. The people in his position and on the board shouldn't be there to get rich, they should be there because they truly believe in the 2A and want to not just defend, but take back our rights.
Link Posted: 3/8/2020 10:02:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Reply to every solicitation they send now with "Wayne betrayed the membership and mission, not a dime til he is gone" in black sharpie.
The "suit" doesn't care about gun rights only his personal cookie jar.
At least they came out with a public statement recommending red flagging Schumer for his threats to the SC. Wait , no the didn't , that was the GOA.
I can't wear any NRA stuff til they right the ship, feels wrong/
The fudds at the range are clueless.
Link Posted: 3/10/2020 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:Reply to every solicitation they send now with "Wayne betrayed the membership and mission, not a dime til he is gone" in black sharpie. The "suit" doesn't care about gun rights only his personal cookie jar. At least they came out with a public statement recommending red flagging Schumer for his threats to the SC. Wait , no the didn't , that was the GOA.I can't wear any NRA stuff til they right the ship, feels wrong/The fudds at the range are clueless.
View Quote
Agree 100%!
Link Posted: 5/5/2020 10:13:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Agree 100%!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:Reply to every solicitation they send now with "Wayne betrayed the membership and mission, not a dime til he is gone" in black sharpie. The "suit" doesn't care about gun rights only his personal cookie jar. At least they came out with a public statement recommending red flagging Schumer for his threats to the SC. Wait , no the didn't , that was the GOA.I can't wear any NRA stuff til they right the ship, feels wrong/The fudds at the range are clueless.

Agree 100%!
I've been doing this for quite a while (recently sent back 6  solicitations on nra's dime). It's obvious with all of the solicitation return envelops having different addresses that these are going back to marketing companies who are paid by the nra to solicit, collect funds, take a commission, then send the rest of the money to nra. The messages sent back in the envelops are probably not reported back to nra but at least the funding is going down and perhaps that's sending a message.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top