Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2019 8:18:18 PM EDT
How are the Mr Beer brewing for people just trying to get into it without having knowledge? I did very little brewing hell 25 years ago with a 5G carboy cause that was what around them. I am not much of a beer drinking thus why I am looking at these cheap kits. I know that cleanest is where it is at. Other than that for someone getting into it with not much money what else should I look for. And I got the Mr Beer kits without paying for them.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 1:12:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Two ways of getting it done.

Do it right or do it again.

Buy a proper bucket or carboy and you will have less frustration and more options.

There is absolutely no reason to proceed without PROPER KNOWLEDGE.
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 8:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 8:19:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/12/2019 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Welcome to the home brewing forum my friend. There are some experts in here. I'm not one of them.
View Quote
I'm just dipping my toes back into it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 12:02:05 AM EDT
[#6]
You won't really learn anything using a Mr. Beer. And it makes such a small batch that it's not worth the squeeze.
Link Posted: 11/13/2019 6:22:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You won't really learn anything using a Mr. Beer. And it makes such a small batch that it's not worth the squeeze.
View Quote
I agree yet it was gifted to me. And has been 25ish years since I attempted to brew beer. I know clean the shit out of everything which was the same 30 years ago.
Link Posted: 11/15/2019 7:21:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How are the Mr Beer brewing for people just trying to get into it without having knowledge? I did very little brewing hell 25 years ago with a 5G carboy cause that was what around them. I am not much of a beer drinking thus why I am looking at these cheap kits. I know that cleanest is where it is at. Other than that for someone getting into it with not much money what else should I look for. And I got the Mr Beer kits without paying for them.
View Quote
Go to your local homebrew shop. They should have a kit that will make you 5 gallons of beer. They also have recipe kits. Start with extract brewing. You can ferment in a bucket if you want to, it'll turn out OK. You can bottle condition for carbonation. Start with something like an amber ale, brown ale, or pale ale. Something easy-ish and easy to drink. Watch the temperature of the location of your fermenter. 68-70 degrees I think is ideal for most beer yeasts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top