Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 5/18/2018 6:18:15 PM EDT
UPDATE:

Got the gun back from Sig. Paperwork in the box indicates they replaced the striker and "slide subassembly" (not sure what they mean by that)

Out of the box, the trigger is now garbage. VERY gritty with TONS of creep and a mushy break. Not at all how I remembered it. When I first got the gun, I thought it was one of the best striker fired triggers I have ever felt. Now it feels worse than my G43.

Maybe it just needs a break-in, but so far, it doesn't look promising. Not sure why either. The striker assembly looks exactly the same as the old one. No change in design that I can see.

On the plus side, the striker is in one piece.

I decided to take it apart and give it a little wipe down and re-lubing.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed the striker appeared to be fully forward, but wasn't protruding through the breech face.

Imagine my surprise when I took the slide apart and discovered the tip was broken off the striker.

Imagine my surprise when I realized I had been carrying a worthless paperweight.

I guess thats what I get for trying to replace the G19.

Back to SIG it goes

Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:19:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Ouch. Glad you found it before you needed it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Boy, the hits just keep on coming at Sig.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:22:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ouch. Glad you found it before you needed it.
View Quote
Scary to think about what would've happened had I needed to pull it out.

Even though Sig is going to fix it, I'm not sure I'll be able to trust this gun. Its a shame too, because otherwise its the best damn carry pistol I've ever owned.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:24:19 PM EDT
[#4]
This is not the first time I heard of this happening and all with low round counts.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:25:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe in a few years on p365 version 8.7 all the kinks will be worked out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:27:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Small parts, including the striker, are made in India MIM. As tempted as I am by the size of the P365 I just can't accept carrying a weapon with Indian made parts in it.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:28:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Small parts, including the striker, are made in India MIM. As tempted as I am by the size of the P365 I just can't accept carrying a weapon with Indian made parts in it.
View Quote
Wait, really?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:29:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Just as good as a Glock!!!  Lol!!  
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:33:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I am holding off for a few years before getting it. I looks to be a great shooter when they are not having massive failures
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#10]
The more I hear about these, the more glad I am that I went with the G43 instead.  I'd rather have low capacity over a paperweight.

Edit: Great concept though, if they can manage to get all of the kinks worked out.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Laughs in G43.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:35:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Taurus II electric boogaloo!
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#13]
modern day ron cohen abortion sigs are garbage.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:36:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Doh!
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:37:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Wait, really?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, really?
Yep, no shit. And it's not just the P365 either, just about every handgun they make, including the P320, is using Indian made MIM parts. Pisses me off that they compromised on quality to such a shit level.

Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:37:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Why does that look like mim? Am I nuts?

Edit: wow. Not just mim, but INDIAN mim. Jesus christ, were the fucking chinese not available?! Fucking garbage.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:40:03 PM EDT
[#18]
I’ll take my g43 with reload. 13 onboard is ok with me.
I’m sure the kinks will get fixed eventually but I didn’t want to be the tester
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:41:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you. This reminds me that I have no need or desire for anything from SIG SauerArmsUSARedWhit andBlue or whatever they are calling themselves now. To Hell But Not Back Reliability indeed.

I appreciate my P228 for being the first centerfire handgun I bought. It was made in West Germany. I have one other, made in Germany. I wish I had bought one of the M11s when they first appeared but only because of its military use.

I have no desire to rely on anything SIG has made since they decided that shitty parts equaling a lower price point was acceptable.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#20]
One simply doesn't "Replace" a Glock 19
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:44:00 PM EDT
[#21]
India. yikes.  I don't know that I'd even trust the packaging made in India, nevermind the part.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nope. I was hoping SIG would manage to get all the 365’s problems sorted out because the concept is great. But key components made in India? FFS can’t we make anything in this country anymore?? It’s disgusting
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Hoping they work out all the kinks with this gun. But damn...I'll stick with the Shield and G43 for now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Its almost as if all these SIG problems are a sign of a systematic, deeper, problem.

Has there been a gun SIG launched that hasn't been a turd? What was the last one? the P239?

Cohen is a problem, a big one, but the rot started before him (he just accelerated it).
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:50:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That's what I'm hearing too, but I can't find anything written to prove it.  Does anyone have evidence of country of origin or subcontract manufacturer lists?
View Quote
Scroll up a bit and check the pic. Its a thing.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:53:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Sexy
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Was considering one of these but I think I’ll iust stick with the Glock 26.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:55:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I decided to take it apart and give it a little wipe down and re-lubing.

Imagine my surprise when I noticed the striker appeared to be fully forward, but wasn't protruding through the breech face.

Imagine my surprise when I took the slide apart and discovered the tip was broken off the striker.

Imagine my surprise when I realized I had been carrying a worthless paperweight.

I guess thats what I get for trying to replace the G19.

Back to SIG it goes

http://i68.tinypic.com/2v8naf4.jpg
View Quote
Hey at least it wouldn't have killed you if you accidentally dropped it
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:55:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yep, no shit. And it's not just the P365 either, just about every handgun they make, including the P320, is using Indian made MIM parts. Pisses me off that they compromised on quality to such a shit level.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170218/88204f2bf8eda6dc44614832e3c5aacb.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, really?

Deer God!

So, will they kindly do the needful and start importing Insas rifles?
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 6:59:54 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote
I don't think tap-rack-bang drill would help too much.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:00:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
One simply doesn't "Replace" a Glock 19
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:01:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Wait, really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, really?
Yep, there's been a thread about this issue in the Sig forum for a month.  Sig is claiming it is a bad batch due to some type of carbon imbalance, but they aren't issuing a general recall.  They are just fixing them as folks complain.

I am not sure what the biggest joke is - that position or the $99 aftermarket striker people are buying to replace it.

I was excited about this thing, but I knew better than to be the first onboard.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#34]
Junk...
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:01:32 PM EDT
[#35]

Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:05:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Hey at least it wouldn't have killed you if you accidentally dropped it
View Quote
Lmao. Well done.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Wow. The India made steel material and parts at my job is THE worst I've ever had the displeasure of working with. I can't believe they're scraping the bottom of the barrel to make their firearm parts.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:05:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Yep, there's been a thread about this issue in the Sig forum for a month.  Sig is claiming it is a bad batch due to some type of carbon imbalance, but they aren't issuing a general recall.  They are just fixing them as folks complain.

I am not sure what the biggest joke is - that position or the $99 aftermarket striker people are buying to replace it.

I was excited about this thing, but I knew better than to be the first onboard.
View Quote
Wow didn't know that. Fuck Sig. India is known to make some of the worst production guns on the planet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:06:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Holy shit! I'll be crossing the p365 off my list.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:07:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wait, really?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, really?
Oh shit ...well was looking at buying one tomorrow...Glock 43 it is then...
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:09:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Just as good as a Glock!!!  Lol!!  
View Quote
Yes, just as good
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
That's what I'm hearing too, but I can't find anything written to prove it.  Does anyone have evidence of country of origin or subcontract manufacturer lists?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait, really?
I don’t know the countries or when, but it was years ago that I was told that small parts were now (then) made overseas. That was from someone who was in a position to directly know. This was all the different lines, including  Classic P-series. It’s all affected. Don’t think it’s just the P365.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Someone at Sig has great ideas, the downside is hipoint is beating them in the QC department
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:12:47 PM EDT
[#44]
The best bang for your buck is steel from Taiwan.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:15:28 PM EDT
[#45]
It’s the only way they could stop the gun from going off when dropped. The ultimate firing pin safety
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Damn, homeboy. The bandwagon took you for quite a ride. Glad you survived. Imagine the embarrassing situation that could have resulted.

Yeah like I said before, wait til the public beta test is over. But fuxk some Hindu MIM.

All the fools acting like a Glock is the only good sidearm in this thread are good comedy too.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Yeah like I said before, wait til the public beta test is over.
View Quote
To hell with Sig!  They're cheaping out on quality by putting shit parts in guns.  It's Remington all over again, and corporate idiots never learn.  It's another prestigious brand going down the shit toilette.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:19:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Any machinists out there want to make a dime by selling milled strikers to replace the crap Indian ones in those Sigs?  Probably make a killing! Especially when the Army models start failing left and right.
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:20:32 PM EDT
[#49]
P250 debacle all over again.

Hate to be a grunt thats issued one of sig's cohen-ized, curry-ized abortions.....
Link Posted: 5/18/2018 7:22:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Lol why the fuck do people buy these unproven POS
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top