Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2018 3:19:45 PM EDT
I have acquired a used smartphone that has some scratches (scuffs? chipping?) in the screen. It feels rough to the touch but isn't that visible to the naked eye unless it's in the right light (IE, it doesn't effect use). However, I'm hell on smartphone screens, I MUST have a screen protector. My concern is that adding one will create small air-bubbles between the protector and the scuffs. I asked a coworker that knows a bit about optics and such. He took some alcohol and wiped it on the screen and they disappeared. He said, "get a protector that has a spray-on adhesive and that will fill those right up".

The only protectors I can find with spray adhesives are the flexible film type. I am under the impression the tempered glass type are better at protecting the phone and maintaining clarity, but nearly all (that I've found) come with a 1-time use silicone film adhesive already applied. I don't believe that will fill the scratches.

Is there a tempered glass protector that does use spray on adhesive? Is there a difference in durability? Could I use a spray adhesive from a film-type protector on a tempered glass one?

Or am I limited to the flexible film type?
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I always try to do tempered glass.

What model of phone?
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 10:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I always try to do tempered glass.

What model of phone?
View Quote
I think tempered glass is probably best if I can find a way to fill those scratches before putting it on... It's a Galaxy S7 so it has curved edges and IIRC, there are only a couple companies that have figured out how to properly make a tempered glass protector...

What I'm wondering is if there is something that could be used to "fill" the small scratches before putting one of those on or if I'm stuck with a flexible film type... I may have to contact a couple manufacturers.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top