Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2022 9:12:27 PM EDT
You might be surprised at what you find.

A few months ago, I was paying for gas at one of the local gas stations in the little town I live in,
and noticed a room off to the side of the entrance. I had been there before, but had never paid it any attention.
It was probably no bigger than 10' by 10', and it was a VERY small liquor Dept. (?) Anyway, it had, among other things,
Buffalo Trace bourbon and Four Roses Single Barrel. The prices were quite reasonable.
Which brings me to tonight. At the local Kroger grocery store liquor dept., they had a bottle of High West Double Rye
and several bottles of Basil Hayden Dark Rye.  I was very surprised. But what was funny (to me) was that the Basil Hayden was behind the counter.
Apparently it is "allocated" at Pic'N'Save. I wonder what is next?
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 1:27:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/2/2022 8:52:40 AM EDT
[#2]
What is strange is that the 2 main liquor stores have some very impressive bottles, but I'm not so sure at
the prices as marked.
Full set of Old Fitzgerald - $3K.  Another has a full set of Weller, not sure of price. (But he is usually high)
Some of the generic liquor stores seem to be getting a more varied selection, and their prices are better.

However, where I have drawn the line is when the local store prices things in such a way that I can order
online (and pay shipping) and still get it cheaper. It is starting to go that way here.  
Regular Buffalo Trace was $65 for a regular bottle, and $105 for a 1.75l bottle. That is DOUBLE what it
is going for online.
I will just be particular about who I buy from and what.  Some places may have an eye-opener coming.
You can't keep raising prices and expect that people will just continue to pay. They will go elsewhere, cut
back or quit entirely.  We all have our limits. I have reached mine at a few places, and haven't gone back.
For some it's been almost 2 years. Don't really miss them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top