Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/30/2020 3:21:32 AM EDT
I'm curious if anyone here knows much about or is familiar with skin-walkers? I moved to Arizona years ago from California (a very weird area of Cali with an extinct tribe and a lot of superstitions). But I'm curious about the local southwestern lore.

Skin-Walker

If it's all just fanciful superstition, fine. I enjoy reading mythology. But I've been out in some areas here where the desert is... strange, for lack of a better term.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:37:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 3:49:13 AM EDT
[#2]
There’s some super creepy stories on YouTube that are lifted from 4chans /x/ forum about them. Like creepy enough to give a well armed person with nvgs pause before going into the desert.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 5:55:06 AM EDT
[#3]
The desert is beautiful, but if you turn your back on her, she will kill you.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 6:57:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Worked on skin walker ranch a year ago. Every damn thing around there went wrong. Project was a shit show.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:04:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I sincerely wish my brain allowed time for things like considering the viability of.......skin walkers.

It absolutely doesn't though.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:06:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The desert is beautiful, but if you turn your back on her, she will kill you.
View Quote

"She", "Her"

lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#7]
The big guy on the Bigfoot Show said that they're not 'Skinwalkers', you're just confused. They're actually Bigfoots. Everything is a Bigfoot. Covid is a Bigfoot. Hillary is a Bigfoot.
Link Posted: 7/30/2020 2:34:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Worked on skin walker ranch a year ago. Every damn thing around there went wrong. Project was a shit show.
View Quote

Dragon, that you??
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 1:34:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I sincerely wish my brain allowed time for things like considering the viability of.......skin walkers.

View Quote

I have time to read about or think about all kinds of things while still living a productive life. Too bad you don't. You must be fun at parties
Link Posted: 7/31/2020 6:42:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I have time to read about or think about all kinds of things while still living a productive life. Too bad you don't. You must be fun at parties
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too.......but unfortunately I'm limited which excludes things like skin walkers, leprechauns, unicorns, chupacabras, sharknados and such.

The good news is none of this has ever made it in to adult conversation at any parties I've ever been to where my award winning, nationally recognized personality has been allowed to really shine.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:50:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

"She", "Her"

lol
View Quote

Quoted:

Me too.......but unfortunately I'm limited which excludes things like skin walkers, leprechauns, unicorns, chupacabras, sharknados and such.

The good news is none of this has ever made it in to adult conversation at any parties I've ever been to where my award winning, nationally recognized personality has been allowed to really shine.
View Quote
Damn,why the need to come shit on the OPs thread?
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:56:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 11:32:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I have read about them .
As I understand them they are medicine men who have gone bad , but possibly for good reasons .

They have to do unspeakable things to become one . They have animal skins and can become which ever they need to complete the mission .
Really you are not supposed to speak of them . If you knew an Indian for years he may tell you some , but not much .

If you plough on in and start asking about them ... well , that is considered very bad manners and you will be shunned .
There are Bigfeet in their lore too . But the thing you brought up is supposed to be the worst .
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 1:25:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
@M4

Please Read before continuing posts:

From the Forum Rules

View Quote

Understood. I suppose this is a technical forum of sorts, my apologies to the OP.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 2:15:53 AM EDT
[#15]
Here's a pic of one

Link Posted: 8/9/2020 2:14:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

@truedef

Could you share some of your stories?
Link Posted: 8/10/2020 10:33:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I had an experience last summer on the reservation heading to Page AZ.....I didn’t like it one bit and it will be a long time before I ever go through that area at night. I’ve told a few people and every one of them just think I’m joking or just roll their eyes.
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:09:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had an experience last summer on the reservation heading to Page AZ.....I didn’t like it one bit and it will be a long time before I ever go through that area at night. I’ve told a few people and every one of them just think I’m joking or just roll their eyes.
View Quote

Dude you can’t cock tease everybody with that bullshit post and not say what happened. Throw it out there.....
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 9:39:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

@truedef

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@truedef

Paging @truedef

I gots to know.
What type of work were you doing?
Link Posted: 8/12/2020 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#20]
@fmj_shooter @EvoXGunner

So the ranch is massive, huge. Google says its 512 acres.

The entire area is full of Native Americans.

I was there for an oil and gas project, the entire region has a lot of oil and gas stuff going on.

My first day on the project the superintendent and me ride the right-of-way for our line, he began telling me all the weird stuff in the area. At the time I had never heard of the ranch or anything odd in the area until I met the crew. They tell me how there is a little "negro" boy burried nearby from the 1800s and you can see his grave. A war was fought in this area a long time ago?

Anyways the contractor I was working with was all over the place with stories and shit. I didn't really believe any of it.

The project was a shit show mostly because it was extremely cold and they didn't install / run the project right. Everything we did every day never went right.

A lot of the crew with the crazy stories seemed like drug addicts, once dude had to go spend a few days a week in Jail and would be released for work occasionally, he had the weirdest stories.  white guy, married to a local native woman.

The weirdest thing to me was the road I found for one of the entrances, 2750 S, Randlett, UT 84063.

As I am driving down this road headed west, a pack of vicious dogs surrounded both sides of my work truck, they came out of no where! Barking like crazy, most vicious dogs I've ever seen in person. Well as I got about 200 feet from the security gates, the dogs immediately stopped following me, no barking, they dissipated. As if they knew to not go near this security gate.

This road deadends at a gate. Just before the gate is an open cattle guard style steel structure, with signs saying if you proceed any further you are trespassing and will be prosecuted. Cameras all over. Its kind of eerie to see the gate and what not.

There must be something out there with a lot of power going to it, as there is a large power substation nearby (2143 7500 E, Fort Duchesne, UT 84026), it looks small on google maps but if you drive around the area its out of place.

Fort Duchesne, UT seems like a very poor town / area. When I was there the police station / jail was all run down and abandoned. It looked like no one had used it for years.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 1:49:27 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

@Bakeman

Please share

Quoted:
@fmj_shooter @EvoXGunner

So the ranch is massive, huge. Google says its 512 acres.

The entire area is full of Native Americans.

I was there for an oil and gas project, the entire region has a lot of oil and gas stuff going on.

My first day on the project the superintendent and me ride the right-of-way for our line, he began telling me all the weird stuff in the area. At the time I had never heard of the ranch or anything odd in the area until I met the crew. They tell me how there is a little "negro" boy burried nearby from the 1800s and you can see his grave. A war was fought in this area a long time ago?

Anyways the contractor I was working with was all over the place with stories and shit. I didn't really believe any of it.

The project was a shit show mostly because it was extremely cold and they didn't install / run the project right. Everything we did every day never went right.

A lot of the crew with the crazy stories seemed like drug addicts, once dude had to go spend a few days a week in Jail and would be released for work occasionally, he had the weirdest stories.  white guy, married to a local native woman.

The weirdest thing to me was the road I found for one of the entrances, 2750 S, Randlett, UT 84063.

As I am driving down this road headed west, a pack of vicious dogs surrounded both sides of my work truck, they came out of no where! Barking like crazy, most vicious dogs I've ever seen in person. Well as I got about 200 feet from the security gates, the dogs immediately stopped following me, no barking, they dissipated. As if they knew to not go near this security gate.

This road deadends at a gate. Just before the gate is an open cattle guard style steel structure, with signs saying if you proceed any further you are trespassing and will be prosecuted. Cameras all over. Its kind of eerie to see the gate and what not.

There must be something out there with a lot of power going to it, as there is a large power substation nearby (2143 7500 E, Fort Duchesne, UT 84026), it looks small on google maps but if you drive around the area its out of place.

Fort Duchesne, UT seems like a very poor town / area. When I was there the police station / jail was all run down and abandoned. It looked like no one had used it for years.
View Quote

Yeah that whole place trips me out. Good stories though. I've wanted to drive around the perimeter but still feel it's best to avoid the whole place if possible.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 11:34:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Well here it goes.....

Last summer I was headed to UT and was trying to make it to Salt Lake by noon the next day. I had refueled in Flagstaff and was on my way to Page AZ via HWY 89. I was about 39 min outside of Page on 89, which is a two lane road and next to nothing to pull off (soft shoulder). It’s around 10:30 -11:00 ish and I’m doing around 90mph...nobody insight. I see this Coyote pass in front of my car and I jerk the wheel cuz it’s taking its good old fucking time, which is kinda odd. It was like it was almost wanting me to run it over. So now I’m very alert. About a half a mile up the road I see something in the opposite lane. As I get closer I see an extremely large wolf like thing, but it’s the size of a human, but on all fours. It’s mouth is open like 5 times more then a wolf could open its mouth. As I passed it, I noticed how fucking big it was...like it’s head was inline with the roof of my car. It’s head turned and followed me as I passed (I was going much slower due to almost hitting the coyote just a mile back). This thing was fucking big!!! After I passed it, I thought about turning around, but I felt the fuck its and kept on going. I was a little freaked out all the way to Page AZ.

I stopped in a gas station there and couldn’t get it off my mind, so I asked the cashier if they had crazy big wolfs around here and she said “no...I’ve lived here on the red my whole life....why do you ask”. I then explained what just happened to me and she replied “was it on two
Legs or four”...I said kinda four legs” at which point she said she didn’t want to hear anymore and rang my shit up and pushed me on my way. She was clearly freaked out by what I had seen!  

I brought my story up to a coworker a few weeks later and they were like WTF that was a skin walker...They Talked about all the sightings in the area and people they know that had investigated them.

Honestly I’m not sure if I would ever travel that area at night again.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 12:22:52 AM EDT
[#23]
I live in Peoria and have been trying to find someplace close ...50 miles... to go to at night and just sit awhile .

Look at the stars and hang out . Towards Wickenberg is about my onlly option . My wife and I went out on 60 today and we found a place about 40 miles  
out , off a couple dirt roads .
Any suggestions for any sighting around here would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:29:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I live in Peoria and have been trying to find someplace close ...50 miles... to go to at night and just sit awhile .

Look at the stars and hang out . Towards Wickenberg is about my onlly option . My wife and I went out on 60 today and we found a place about 40 miles  
out , off a couple dirt roads .
Any suggestions for any sighting around here would be appreciated.
View Quote

Be very carful around Wickenberg!!! There is a shit load of quicksand in the area!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#25]
The handful of native friends that I have had over the years would not even discuss this topic. It’s very very serious amongst their people especially the Navajo at least in my experience.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:43:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Be very carful around Wickenberg!!! There is a shit load of quicksand in the area!!!!!!!
View Quote

OK? Never heard of that and I’ve been going up there for the past 15 years to visit family and hunt. The nice thing is it’s cooler than here in the valley but it’s still dry virtually everywhere up there.
Link Posted: 8/18/2020 8:57:21 PM EDT
[#27]
But I've been out in some areas here where the desert is... strange, for lack of a better term.
View Quote

Spent a good amount of 2013 exploring the NE portion of Nevada desert areas.  

Always carried a full auto M4 with me.  Sometimes it felt like that wasnt enough.  Occasionally got the strangest feelings out there  

Weird...
Link Posted: 8/19/2020 1:43:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Spent a good amount of 2013 exploring the NE portion of Nevada desert areas.  

Always carried a full auto M4 with me.  Sometimes it felt like that wasnt enough.  Occasionally got the strangest feelings out there  

Weird...
View Quote

@Burnsome-

So is this area anywhere close to the 93? What kind of strange feelings, like being watched or something was just off about the area?

Great stories btw guys
Link Posted: 8/20/2020 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#29]
So is this area anywhere close to the 93? What kind of strange feelings, like being watched or something was just off about the area?

Great stories btw guys
View Quote

I was exploring pretty much every weekend north and south of I-80 between Elko and Wendover NV, plus spent some days skirting along the UT Dugway Proving Grounds outer perimeters in some VERY remote areas.  Typically was out 100 miles N/S off in the deserts from I-80.  Been in remote aeas many times so wasnt afraid of the risks and always came prepared to trek out by foot for days if needed in case my truck broke down or anything like that.  Typically never saw anybody else out there.  Maybe an occasional F16 or A10 out of Hill AFB might buzz by but that was about it.  I still have Nevada dirt/mud/salt embedded in my truck to this day from those trips LOL.

Most times out I didnt get freaked out or anything, and most days/nights were uneventful.  But....every now and then I'd be in a certain area and it did feel like I was being watched or got an uneasy feeling that something just wasnt right.  When those times happened, I usually got out and explored on foot in more detail to see if I could find out why.  Never did, just had that gut-feeling something wasnt right.  The feelings persisted while in those areas and never went away.  Subsequent visits to the same areas resulted in the same gut feeling something wasnt right, in otherwise it was repeatable so to speak.  Weird...being very well armed usually dissipates any concerns but not in those areas --- felt like conventional firepower wouldnt have been much help during those times but it was all I had and did provide some comfort level.  

Trecked along the Donner-Reed party's wagon routes north end areas of the salt flats area was one region that was sometimes odd, and also along the extreme western edge of Dugway.  Found a lot of bomb craters and exploded and unexploded ordnance plus some weird structures and equipment.  Some of it was mining related I'm sure.  Found some trash piles with old cars and whatnot that werent very big, but yet were miles and miles away from any civilization.  Fun stuff

The time I was deployed out there at Hill AFB was a great exploratory year for me, and left lasting memories that will last my lifetime.  The weirdness times though, still stick with me to this day.  I'm going back out there someday and will revisit some of those areas and see if anything changes.  

Link Posted: 8/21/2020 2:09:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I was exploring pretty much every weekend north and south of I-80 between Elko and Wendover NV, plus spent some days skirting along the UT Dugway Proving Grounds outer perimeters in some VERY remote areas.  Typically was out 100 miles N/S off in the deserts from I-80.  Been in remote aeas many times so wasnt afraid of the risks and always came prepared to trek out by foot for days if needed in case my truck broke down or anything like that.  Typically never saw anybody else out there.  Maybe an occasional F16 or A10 out of Hill AFB might buzz by but that was about it.  I still have Nevada dirt/mud/salt embedded in my truck to this day from those trips LOL.

Most times out I didnt get freaked out or anything, and most days/nights were uneventful.  But....every now and then I'd be in a certain area and it did feel like I was being watched or got an uneasy feeling that something just wasnt right.  When those times happened, I usually got out and explored on foot in more detail to see if I could find out why.  Never did, just had that gut-feeling something wasnt right.  The feelings persisted while in those areas and never went away.  Subsequent visits to the same areas resulted in the same gut feeling something wasnt right, in otherwise it was repeatable so to speak.  Weird...being very well armed usually dissipates any concerns but not in those areas --- felt like conventional firepower wouldnt have been much help during those times but it was all I had and did provide some comfort level.  

Trecked along the Donner-Reed party's wagon routes north end areas of the salt flats area was one region that was sometimes odd, and also along the extreme western edge of Dugway.  Found a lot of bomb craters and exploded and unexploded ordnance plus some weird structures and equipment.  Some of it was mining related I'm sure.  Found some trash piles with old cars and whatnot that werent very big, but yet were miles and miles away from any civilization.  Fun stuff

The time I was deployed out there at Hill AFB was a great exploratory year for me, and left lasting memories that will last my lifetime.  The weirdness times though, still stick with me to this day.  I'm going back out there someday and will revisit some of those areas and see if anything changes.  

View Quote

Hell bro, I wont be too far away from there pretty soon. Hit me up if you're down for some scouting out there.
Link Posted: 8/23/2020 2:35:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I worked with a white guy (let's call him Bobby) who married a Navajo woman. They lived on the res and he'd drive to Phoenix for work. He'd stay with family during the week, then head back home on Friday. None of her family were happy with her choice of husbands, and they fucked with him constantly. He put up with their petty bullshit mostly because the idiots left her alone when he wasn't home. Once he got home, they'd find ways to needle him all weekend. One day he got a visit from one of her relatives, with a medicine man in tow. The relative told Bobby that he had to clear out immediately, or the medicine man would sic a skinwalker on him. The wife was upset to hear this, but didn't back down. Bobby wasn't impressed either. Life went on for a couple of weeks. One Monday morning, his truck wouldn't start. He gun around under the hood and found his battery cables were cut and his coil wire was missing. He fixed the truck, but it took him all day. While he was replacing the cables, the concerned relative rolled up. "Truck broke, huh?", the idiot asked. "See, I told you this would happen, Bobby. Skinwalker got to you."
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 2:30:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

There was a post I think in one of the creepy threads about a guy with a similar story about some shit being not right up in the northern Nevada area. I can’t remember who the poster was but he claimed to have had some kind of an encounter out there in the middle of nowhere while out hiking around and stuff. Don’t remember if it alluded to a dogman or Sasquatch or what exactly it was but something kind of along those lines, and came off as being malevolent in nature.  Unfortunately I can’t for the life of me remember exactly which thread it was in but I’m sure somebody on here might remember it
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 5:44:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
There was a post I think in one of the creepy threads about a guy with a similar story about some shit being not right up in the northern Nevada area. I can’t remember who the poster was but he claimed to have had some kind of an encounter out there in the middle of nowhere while out hiking around and stuff. Don’t remember if it alluded to a dogman or Sasquatch or what exactly it was but something kind of along those lines, and came off as being malevolent in nature.  Unfortunately I can’t for the life of me remember exactly which thread it was in but I’m sure somebody on here might remember it
View Quote

Damn....now that would have been creepy.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2020 11:48:35 PM EDT
[#34]
My wife and I just got back from a three day trip up to Flagstaff and north . We went to the Grand Canyon and east and north looking for Easy Rider locations . The motel Pine Breeze and Sacred Mountian filling station where The Stranger said not to worry about the gas .

It was all day time driving , but we saw lots of land we wouldn't want to be in at night .
Looked like Bigfeet and other "things" would live there .
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 2:55:37 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

@Dc204

Was the guy carrying a .308 rifle and shot at it and the creature screamed but didn't go down. Then he retreated back and once he hoped over a log, everything was normal again,  could hear normal nature sounds?
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 3:08:01 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@Dc204

Was the guy carrying a .308 rifle and shot at it and the creature screamed but didn't go down. Then he retreated back and once he hoped over a log, everything was normal again,  could hear normal nature sounds?
View Quote

I remember that. Guy carried an HK 91

@Dc204
@EvoXGunner

Edit.
I saved that story awhile back. I don't have the screen name of who posted it though.

"All my life till i was 18 i lived in a town called Wells in north eastern Nevada. Small town population of a thousand, so all of my outdoor activities involved being outdoors. From when i was 13-15 i saved up enough to buy an HK91. My dad bought it for me for $2761.44. From then on it went everywhere i did in the woods. When i got my drivers license it meant that i could go roaming about. My 1972 Toyota Landcruiser with a Chevy 350 for the close stuff (it got 5 miles per gallon on a ten gallon tank ) or my 1972 Dodge W200 with a 36 and 20 gallon tank, so anything outside of line of sight i took the Dodge.

One weekend i decided to explore around the Ruby Marshes, and go into the Ruby Mountains around there, right around old Fort Ruby, a fort that was built in 1860 to serve as an outpost for the pony express etc. I went into the mountains north of it and checked out some pretty cool terrain and old minesites. When i was going down the road i noticed some overgrown tracks that went into a canyon and decided to make it into a nevada highway and follow them. I followed it for about five miles or so and the road got better. It was grated well and continued on except for the fact there was a tree about three feet in diameter blocking the road. Beyond that looked pretty cool so i decided to get out on foot and check it out. After the tree the road went straight about 100 yards then sharply rounded to the right, went about another hundred yards then hooked left going to a mining cabin and a windmill on the top of the ridge. The side after where it hooks right is limestone next to the road with the ridge a constant 100 yards or so from the road.

Because of how i was raised, and my new found fondness for my 91 i went everywhere in the hills on foot armed. I had my 91 slung on my chest and 5 mags in my cheap korean nylon bandolier. My USP 45 my dad bought for me was in the also cheap ACE brand dropleg holster. I parked my Dodge and set out past the tree. As soon as i crossed it it immediately seemed weird. Anyone who has been out in the woods knows that there is always noise. When i parked my truck you could hear the birds singing and cicadas and other bugs buzzing about. As soon as i crossed the tree in the road it was silence. I kept walking up and did not see any bugs or anything moving. As i went up i felt uneasy, as if something was watching me the entire time.

On the way up i noticed most of the pines on the hill were broken off about ten feet up or so and many of the limestone rocks had chunks missing like someone punched a hole in sheetrock. I made it up to the cabin and it was pretty fucked up. Huge holes in the exterior, walls knocked down. Even for its age it was a lil too fucked up. I checked it out and found nothing recent so i went to the windmill. In the windmill there was a hollow shaft going down that was filled with water. I went up the ridge to the shaft and it was intact like it was just ran the day before. Right above it there were four hug piles or rocks making a rectangle where within there were mounts made of rocks. When i passed the pile of rocks the wind kicked up and it got downright cold. I felt like i was being watched so i decided i should leave.

The whole time i was walking back to the truck i felt like something was watching me. Once i got back on the road i kept hearing something follow me on the ridgeline. WHen i moved it moved. I stopped it stopped. I thought i was maybe being imaginative until rocks would slide down from the ridge. As i rounded the bend i heard the steps on the ridge pick up and i decided its time to shoot. Whatever it was had dashed between the cedars to a lonely pine 20 yards in either direction from cover. Fuck that i dumped all twenty rounds from my 91 onto the tree. Anyone who has shot an animal knows the difference between the thump on wood and thwack on an animal. I heard five or so thwacks at the end followed by a blood curdling yell. I dumped the empty mag on the ground and slapped a new one in and ran. I felt like the whole forest was coming down on me, i saw things move from trees from my side vision. I tried to jump across the tree and ate shit and rolled into my bumper. All of the sudden i could hear the birds and bugs. I got back up and looked behind the tree to see something resembling an upright wolf standing about 60 feet from me, behind the fallen tree. Its eyes were red in the daylight and when i looked at it for a moment i knew i should not be there and it said not to come back. I broke out of it and shot the mag in my 91 at it, most which i knew hit made no sound and it just turned towards me. I shot 5 rounds from my USP at it and saw it had no effect. Thats when i decided it was time to leave.

On the way back i made my 3 hour trip in into a 1 hour trip back. Once i got back into town no one believed me. A few weeks later i talked to a friend of mine that was an elder paiute indian and told him of what i had experienced. He asked me of where i went and i told him. He said i went into the sacred burial mounds that the Wendigo guarded.

This was the single most fucked up experience i have ever had. Few i have told of it and i do not care if anyone believes me. All i know is it happened to me and it is what it is. Ill never go back there alone. After he told me it could not be killed and i saw what i did i won't either.

Erick Z "
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#37]
@fmj_shooter

Hells yeah bro, thats the story right there! Good job saving it
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#38]
I was on a dirt road from Secret Pass to Highway 50 one day. On the dirt road was a propane truck parked with its reel out and the driver off the road out in the sage brush with a small cloud of propane around him. I asked what he was doing. He said he was freezing a snake.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 3:37:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

@Dc204

View Quote

@evoxgunner
Yes!! I am almost positive thats the one I am thinking of.
Link Posted: 8/29/2020 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Thats some pretty awesome stories.  Things like that you never forget.  The dude that pumped 308 rounds in whatever it was and it didnt go down blows my mind.  The old saying "if it bleeds we can kill it" kinda goes out the window.

Seems like the western US has some really interesting and mysterious areas that we'll never totally understand.

One needs to be there to experience it.  

My experiences there were definately worth the memories.  Kinda creepy at the time on occasions for sure.
Link Posted: 9/14/2020 9:44:32 PM EDT
[#42]
So my BIL told me a story about when he was camping at the Boy Scout ranch in New Mexico in an area known at "The Haunted Mesa".  This would have been about 30 years ago.  He says that late one night, he and 2 other scouts saw what appeared to be a series of blue orbs in a line floating up the Mesa.  The next morning, they asked the Park Ranger if there were any campers up on the Mesa last night and he responded "no, we don't allow people to camp on the Mesa.  Too much weird shit has happened up there."  

Anybody know if floating blue orbs are associated with Skinwalker activity?
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 2:51:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
So my BIL told me a story about when he was camping at the Boy Scout ranch in New Mexico in an area known at "The Haunted Mesa".  This would have been about 30 years ago.  He says that late one night, he and 2 other scouts saw what appeared to be a series of blue orbs in a line floating up the Mesa.  The next morning, they asked the Park Ranger if there were any campers up on the Mesa last night and he responded "no, we don't allow people to camp on the Mesa.  Too much weird shit has happened up there."  

Anybody know if floating blue orbs are associated with Skinwalker activity?
View Quote

@molar

Not sure about directly related to them but have been reported numerous sightings at Skinwalker ranch as well as other locations.
Link Posted: 9/16/2020 3:03:24 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

I used to work with a Navajo lady.
Asked her what's the deal with skinwalkers.

She gasped and said " we don't talk about them."

Left it at that.
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 2:22:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Why aren't they called lycanthropes, or lycanthrop-ists?

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:05:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Well here it goes.....

View Quote

Thanks for posting!

@BakeMan

Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:15:34 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 3:50:26 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Why aren't they called lycanthropes, or lycanthrop-ists?

https://s1.dmcdn.net/v/Qnn541TI-H3Q9fUOd/x1080

View Quote

I want to say that they are called Skinwalkers is because that is the direct translation from Native American and Lycanthrope is from Old World translation?
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 5:22:24 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@Dc204
@EvoXGunner

Edit.
I saved that story awhile back. I don't have the screen name of who posted it though.

...snip...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Dc204

@Dc204
@EvoXGunner

Edit.

...snip...

It looks like DangerJ posted it back in 2013 on page 46 of the "current" (started long ago but still running) arf creepy thread, but it does not read like it was his story personally, since he wrote that he "found the Wendigo story he was looking for." Not entirely sure about that, since it has been a while ago since I read the earlier pages of that thread, so I am not sure if DangerJ ever indicated where he came across the account, or if it was his and that he had written out already for some reason and he was just finding it so he did not have to write it out again.

will attempt to link right to the post, let's see if this works...
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-1227431/?page=46#i43436453
Link Posted: 9/20/2020 8:37:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top