Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:18:37 PM EDT
[#1]
NYPD transfers?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#2]
fpni.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:20:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Sorry not guilty. If the good lord put that much work into saving his ass from being shot I am not going to interfere with that!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:23:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Lots of trigger jerking. Look how far some of those impacts were away from the suspect.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CZ75_9MM:
Lots of trigger jerking. Look how far some of those impacts were away from the suspect.
View Quote

The house next store was very angry at the officers.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:32:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Impressive Police Work for sure.

Damn it is really suprising just how bad some people are at their jobs.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:56:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Paul:

Sorry not guilty. If the good lord put that much work into saving his ass from being shot I am not going to interfere with that!
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:58:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy smokes.  Some of those shots were waaayyyy off.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:08:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:13:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#11]
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:

View Quote

Came here for this.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:20:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JKinAZ] [#12]
Area suppression fire, or is everyone of those officers cockeyed?
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:04:31 PM EDT
[#14]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seabee_Mech:
Originally Posted By Paul:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/119852/PF_Miracle-3198462.gif

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:10:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Geez I would think a department that size would practice more.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:15:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Hahaha came here to post this
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Beat like a rented red-headed step-donkey.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:29:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Exactly  why only police should have guns.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:41:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:42:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I don’t think they had enough cops there.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:42:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Dano556x45mm:
Exactly  why only police should have guns.
View Quote

this too.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 3:50:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
View Quote
Why?
Very few(almost none is my guess) departments "practice", they "qualify", many only once or twice a year on a course nearly identical to the 1930s Bullseye course for revolvers that were thumb cocked and reloaded with loose rounds from pockets, shot on targets the size of Shaquille O'Neal.
Range access is about the same for cops as it is for everyone else, departmental ranges(those that have them) are booked up by quals(their own and other local, state and fed quals), and when they're not, range maintenance, Academy training and all the other realities of bureaucratic police life dominate. It's a very progressive, and almost always quite small department in an affluent municipality, that provides even monthly practice ammo.
Any officer who wants to practice regularly(if you don't shoot weekly, you shoot weakly) has to arrange it on his own. Most don't, for the same reasons that most people(even ARFcommers) don't: time, effort and money.
Many, many efforts have been made to raise standards, increase training and require practice over the decades.
Every single time it's been shot down by budgetary restrictions, complaints (and lawsuits) from the sick, lame, lazy and diversity hires who are disparately impacted by training requirements, and the simple lack of POST requirements.
Even units like SWAT have been subject to creeping mediocrity for decades now as the requirements to have females and minorities represented.
It is what it is.

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:11:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Someone's going to say suppressive fire is good in a little bit
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:20:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:37:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By feudist:
Why?
Very few(almost none is my guess) departments "practice", they "qualify", many only once or twice a year on a course nearly identical to the 1930s Bullseye course for revolvers that were thumb cocked and reloaded with loose rounds from pockets, shot on targets the size of Shaquille O'Neal.
Range access is about the same for cops as it is for everyone else, departmental ranges(those that have them) are booked up by quals(their own and other local, state and fed quals), and when they're not, range maintenance, Academy training and all the other realities of bureaucratic police life dominate. It's a very progressive, and almost always quite small department in an affluent municipality, that provides even monthly practice ammo.
Any officer who wants to practice regularly(if you don't shoot weekly, you shoot weakly) has to arrange it on his own. Most don't, for the same reasons that most people(even ARFcommers) don't: time, effort and money.
Many, many efforts have been made to raise standards, increase training and require practice over the decades.
Every single time it's been shot down by budgetary restrictions, complaints (and lawsuits) from the sick, lame, lazy and diversity hires who are disparately impacted by training requirements, and the simple lack of POST requirements.
Even units like SWAT have been subject to creeping mediocrity for decades now as the requirements to have females and minorities represented.
It is what it is.

View Quote

This is all spot on.

If I want to train it’s on my own dime, and own time.

I can’t even get a key to our range for some ridiculous reason. I’m a night shift supervisor, and make decisions that carry potentially millions of dollars in liability, but they don’t even trust me to have a range key.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:08:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Okcpd used to be known as "the deadliest police force in America"

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:17:07 PM EDT
[#27]
That's impressive
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:18:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Do people fire more wildly in a group than on their own?
View Quote

Sympathy fire.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:22:24 PM EDT
[#29]
After watching that I am shocked that they didn’t somehow shoot themselves
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:30:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By batjac:
After watching that I am shocked that they didn’t somehow shoot themselves
View Quote

Hey just look on the Brightside.

If it were NYPD they'd have hit 19 bystanders, two fire trucks a city bus and shot down a news chopper.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:35:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Why?
It is what it is.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 10mmillie:
Why?
It is what it is.

At least I'm not the one writing out the wall-o-text-truth this time.

IME, the more experienced civilian shooters are the ones least able to emotionally understand/process the truths of this issue. If shooting is a hobby for you, grasping the difficulties of training hundreds of people to competency and keeping them there is damn near inconceivable because the mindset is so different between the shooter and the masses of cops (and their admin).

The first five years of my career, I fired fewer rounds on agency dime than in the first five hours of my handgun instructor class (ehh, maybe ten hours lol). And that was normal.

IMO, the biggest limitation isn't budgetary..it's command staff. If they're not shooters, they'll never give a damn about spending a dime on firearms practice. If they *are* shooters, you'll be shooing them out of the armory.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:37:57 PM EDT
[#32]

That gif…..
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#33]
Some USPSA GM will call them C Class shooters.

I take that personally. I'm a C Class shooter.

If those guys were C class shooters we would be talking about why that guy was shot 36 times.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:43:54 PM EDT
[#34]
They were shooting at the dog the whole time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top