Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:34:18 AM EDT
[#1]
She already has dominated the sport for so long. It is ok for a person to quit if they are having personal issues. Why do people care? There is probably something important going on in her life that media has no clue about.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#2]
BLM supporter.
IDGAF about the Olympics.
They will spin it to be a black power move.

Just here for the post count, carry on.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:39:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She already has dominated the sport for so long. It is ok for a person to quit if they are having personal issues. Why do people care? There is probably something important going on in her life that media has no clue about.
View Quote

It's harder to get triggered if it's not a political issue and related to the downfall of America and the president.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

They released videos of her practice sessions over there and she was way off way way off on her routine.  

She made the right move.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Right and we are supposed to be the tough guys.
View Quote

My experience with the Arfcom hive mind suggests that their responses to things are just like those of the liberals, including the martyr complex.  They're just upset about different things.  

Just leave people alone to do their shit, and focus on your own stuff.  What this gymnast does or doesn't do has no bearing on any of our lives.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:09:03 AM EDT
[#6]
If I was that girl I'd take my money, give one interview burn the IOC all the way down, and walk away.

The age of flag waving and blind patriotism is dead, replaced with hypocrisy and wokism.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:12:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I do find it funny how badly GD tries to defend her.  She quit.  3 narratives on why she quit and really none of them matter, she quit.

ETA: she didnt even earn a participation trophy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:14:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

I really dont know. Simone owes her teammates an explanation and nothing more.

This sport has spent the better part of two decades beating the fuck out of her body and putting incredible mental demands on her psyche. Oh and then she was sexually assaulted and abused by her doctor, and the thing she loved most in her life pressured her into covering it up.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#9]
These threads are almost as bad as BRCC threads
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:23:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I do find it funny how badly GD tries to defend her.  She quit.  3 narratives on why she quit and really none of them matter, she quit.

View Quote
Yup, she's a quitter plan and simple. She took up a spot on the Olympic team and prevented someone else from being there just to to up and quit. I won't praise her one bit
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:28:29 AM EDT
[#11]
Nasty ass blm bitch
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:30:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Ok, she quit. So what. She made a decision. She has to live with it.
Lets move on, no more threads on what amounts to a personal choice.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:31:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Who the fuck cares? The olympics are fucking stupid. She can do flips. Whoop dee fucking do.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:35:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Good thing you made a new thread. Those old ones were getting stale.
View Quote

This!

So many threads white knighting a lousy black lies matter proponent.  

So many on here support entertainers who would like to see most of us dead.

I always appreciate an unbiased breath of fresh air.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:37:28 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
She has 35 more Olympic medals than the OP.
View Quote

So?   That does not made her a decent person or pro-America.    

How many anti-American, pro black lies matter supporting statements has the OP made?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:40:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Never realized GD was a hotbed of gymnastics fans.  Curious.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:42:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Never realized GD was a hotbed of gymnastics fans.  Curious.
View Quote

Exactly.   Why should people support blm entertainers?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#18]
For as much as GD professes their disdain for sports and athletes, there is an incredible amount of purse swinging and pearl clutching over this. Even my wife and daughter (both competitive gymnasts) don't care as much as GD about this situation.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:48:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Maybe she'll run for congress now...or join up and be the first woman SEAL
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Hopefully she survives the trauma of doing a bad summersault over the horsey thing. Thoughts and prayers to her and her family.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
First, screw the corporate Olympics. Second, screw the corporate Olympics. Third, screw your rah rah corporate muh patriotism and pledging allegiance to your corporate overlords and empty symbols over the culture the people and the land.

There is a lot wrong with this narrative and the way simps are lining up to grovel. She quit. When the going got tough she quit. And she is a multimillionaire. Amateur athletics? Fuck outta here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT2Vd4d3uOo
View Quote

13.263. OP did not stick the landing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Maybe she'll run for congress now...or join up and be the first woman SEAL
View Quote

Hey, that could actually happen now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 9:58:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
First, screw the corporate Olympics. Second, screw the corporate Olympics. Third, screw your rah rah corporate muh patriotism and pledging allegiance to your corporate overlords and empty symbols over the culture the people and the land.

There is a lot wrong with this narrative and the way simps are lining up to grovel. She quit. When the going got tough she quit. And she is a multimillionaire. Amateur athletics? Fuck outta here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pT2Vd4d3uOo
View Quote

She did this to YOU.

TO. YOU.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:17:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
For as much as GD professes their disdain for sports and athletes, there is an incredible amount of purse swinging and pearl clutching over this. Even my wife and daughter (both competitive gymnasts) don't care as much as GD about this situation.
View Quote

This is where I am with things.  

Generally, I don't care who scores another point in a children's activity that supposed adults mimic.    I don't care when some entertainer buys a new car or house.    That is the result of many Americans throwing their time and/or money away.     I don't care when most entertainers overdose and/or die.  

I care that others Americans listen to idiot entertainers.     I care that entertainers try to manipulate societal support for racist causes.

These are some of the worst people.    They are more destructive and dangerous than rapist, murderers,  and robbers.    All of those people can legally be stopped by a bullet.  

In that regard, yes, decent people care about entertainers.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#25]
I couldn't give a shit about it either way. But anytime a BLM activist fails I crack a smile. I guess she'll just have to find a way to live her oppressed life with her millions of dollars. Such a racist country we live in to make her so wealthy.

FSB
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:18:40 AM EDT
[#26]
I see what you did there in the OP title.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:19:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
But anytime a BLM activist fails I crack a smile.
View Quote

You must be a blast at parties.  Taking pleasure in watching failures.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
All the bullshit that she is a hero, fuck that noise.

Just making that participation trophy seem all the more vaulted.
View Quote

I've never understood bestowing the term "hero" on any sports figure.  If they said "Jumpingbean Leaparound, Olympic athlete, was about to perform her routine when a car that was parked nearby filled with nuns and children exploded.  She cartwheeled over and was able to use her muscular legs to kick a door open, and pulled out all the people and got them to safety.  Then she went on to win Gold!!!  She is a true hero!!!!"

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:19:30 AM EDT
[#29]
Forget a Covid forum, we need a Simone forum.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:21:28 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
But anytime a BLM activist fails I crack a smile.

Well, in all fairness, most people are like that, at least to some degree.   Hell, there are entire TV series and YouTube channels on fails.

I would find his attitude an absolute blast at a party.

This guy just does it when anti-American (calling America racist) pro black lies matter supporters fail/breakdown/ fall apart.

I too rejoice and celebrate the downfall of those who would see me and mine dead and our way of life destroyed.

I have heard the white guilt knights are not like that.   That seems rather self destructive

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:22:42 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I couldn't give a shit about it either way. But anytime a BLM activist fails I crack a smile. I guess she'll just have to find a way to live her oppressed life with her millions of dollars. Such a racist country we live in to make her so wealthy.

FSB
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:26:11 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I'm not angry. Just reacting to what I see. I woke up and the wife gave me morning sex. Now I am going to fix breakfast and decide what fun things to do today. Weld? Coat more parts with MolyResin? Go shooting in my woods? Ride the ATV a few miles into the woods right in front of my house? Decisions.
View Quote

Nah, forget that manly stuff... you should get on social media and post about your feelings on super important topics like women's gymnastics.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:26:39 AM EDT
[#33]
She quit. But it was likely in the best interest of the team, if the reports are true that she couldn't take her mood meds.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:26:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Wow you're really triggered
View Quote

This.

She wasn't on her game mentally, which could kill or cripple her in action.

If my pilot is not on his A game for some reason, I'd like for him to tell the CoPilot - "Take the controls".

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:29:12 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It amazes me how arfcom politicizes everything and then gets triggered by it.
View Quote

Yup!  The 'Tards have taken over ...
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:30:15 AM EDT
[#36]
dupe much? welcome to ... Monday or whenever?

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:32:43 AM EDT
[#37]
You really can kick your addiction to their drama/soma. Turn off the TV and leave it off. Go outside, read a book, take up a productive hobby, do shit with other people.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It amazes me how arfcom politicizes everything and then gets triggered by it.

It is unfortunate that every aspect of life has become so politicized.  

One can try to ignore it.   Yet, it shows up in our emails, corporate communications, and even in the educational systems.

Entertainers often are leading the bullshit SJW charge.   But, that is reality today.

People can either allow the situation to continue, or take a stand and denounce and devalue them at every opportunity.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:44:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Does that mean she won’t be on the front of the Wheaties box?

Like Mary Lou Retton?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/369122/4DD6414D-358F-44A5-976C-F932C0D5A8B5_jpe-2032896.JPG

View Quote
Maybe in today's world, it will increase her chances of being on the box?
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 4:45:53 PM EDT
[#40]
okay.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 5:14:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably. I won't judge. It's her choice. But there's no denying that it puts out a small team like that, & regardless of the motive, it is quitting. If nothing else, the timing literally could not have been worse. But I'd also add that if she felt she'd be physically disabled for the effort, then not worth it, IMO, because ultimately, it's just a dressed up sports competition.

I just hope the example doesn't make quitting become a "thing".
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:32:08 PM EDT
[#42]
She got the yips and didn’t want to bring the team down. She stepped aside and another teammate won the GOLD All Round. Looks like someone stepped up to me. Let’s focus on the winner, way to go Suni Lee!
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#43]
If she’s a hero for quitting, so are people who commit suicide by the same reasoning.

She doesn’t owe anything to anyone though and she can do what she wants.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:54:08 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Ok, she quit. So what. She made a decision. She has to live with it.
Lets move on, no more threads on what amounts to a personal choice.
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 6:57:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Goddamnit.. I read that as Someones balls... And I still opened it.. Jesus wept.. This place is a scourge.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just watched my dachshund puppy take a shit.
View Quote

And it was adorable right???

I bet it was adorable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well actually she did. She completed a vault in the team competition and received a silver medal with the team.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:35:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

They released videos of her practice sessions over there and she was way off way way off on her routine.  

She made the right move.
View Quote

Joe Rogan was saying that she couldn’t bring her Adderall to Japan because it’s a banned substance there. I bet that played a huge role in her not being able to stay focus and preform like she has while on the medication. So to me it sounds like she was having withdrawals and couldn’t stay focused and couldn’t cope with the pressure.

I could be wrong, but in the end I don’t give a shit about someone that claims they are the GOAT and cracks under pressure.

ETA: plus she likes that whole BLM movement so that’s another reason why she won’t and hasn't gotten any support from me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:37:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top