Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2023 6:34:17 PM EDT
So I'm looking to invest in a sim racing setup preferably with monitor mounts 1-2. I'm tired of mounting my wheel to my desk and going through the hassle of making my chair not roll etc....

All in rig/chair I'm looking to be under $1200. I will be using my existing wheel, pedals, computer and monitors.

What would you all recommend?
Link Posted: 10/31/2023 1:58:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the next level racing f-gt rig....Its sturdy enough and well within your budget.

Next Level F-GT
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#2]
No wheel yet, but I figured I could play Assetto Corsa with a controller in the meantime and get all the drift mods ready to go:

I can't get the controller to work, or even any of the keyboard/mouse controls to work the game detects my controller in the settings menu, but nothing works in the game.

Edit: ok got the keyboard/mouse to work at least. No cockpit for now, just a desk setup with my laptop hooked up to a TV. On my way to pickup a Moza R5 bundle in a few.

I'm using this to get some practice for IRL drifting.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 10:44:57 PM EDT
[#3]
I am running

I9 139k
4070ti
Lg c3 43 oled

Fanatec dd1
Fanatec v3 pedals
Gt omega prime cockpit

ACC on PC and GT7 on PS5

The cockpit is awesome. Would recommend the gtomega stuff. You would be less than 1k or right around 1k for the cockpit and either single monitor or triple setup.

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Alright got my Moza R5 and pedals setup.

I downloaded a skid pad map and have been just practicing donuts. Settings are a bit off still, so I'm trying to find some online guides.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Anything can work. LOLAttachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:18:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Been using the World Drift Tour cars to practice donuts and figure eights.

I'm having a really hard time trying to prevent oversteer. Just doing slow donuts and the back end will constantly spin out even if I'm entirely countered and taking it easy on the gas. Something must be off on the settings or I'm just really horrible lol.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 12:21:45 PM EDT
[#7]

I'm using an obutto cockpit   https://obutto.com/gaming-cockpits/

Using Occulus CV1 or a 43" 4K TV (planning on upgrading VR head unit at some point)

logitech G29 with G27 pedals with the spring mod.  

Not the best wheel/pedals but gets the job done.

I don't use it very often just to practice new tracks before an IRL race.  

Link Posted: 11/8/2023 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Been using the World Drift Tour cars to practice donuts and figure eights.

I'm having a really hard time trying to prevent oversteer. Just doing slow donuts and the back end will constantly spin out even if I'm entirely countered and taking it easy on the gas. Something must be off on the settings or I'm just really horrible lol.
View Quote

I don't really drift, but most drift cars are set up for heavy understeer. I'm guessing the tunes you're using are set up for that though.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 6:06:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I am running

I9 139k
4070ti
Lg c3 43 oled

Fanatec dd1
Fanatec v3 pedals
Gt omega prime cockpit

ACC on PC and GT7 on PS5

The cockpit is awesome. Would recommend the gtomega stuff. You would be less than 1k or right around 1k for the cockpit and either single monitor or triple setup.

View Quote

That GT Omega looks similar to the Rigmetal setup I was looking at. And sadly like Rigmetal they appear to be sold out.
Link Posted: 11/13/2023 10:13:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Ok so I'm pretty sure it's just my lack of skills at drifting that's the problem

Slowly getting better as the days pass. I downgraded to the lowest HP drift car (AE86) and have been starting to drift more consistently. My problem is the throttle; you have to be very precise with throttle input.

IRL when I drift it feels so much easier because I have the additional feedback from my seat. In game I don't have that feedback so I gotta focus on the throttle input more. Kinda weird how drifting is easier IRL than in a sim lol.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 12:23:18 AM EDT
[#11]
It's been exactly 1 week since I got my wheel and I can officially say that I've finally completed a few figure eights back to back.

I'm determined to hone my drifting skills with nothing but the throttle and wheel for another few weeks. I did order a clutch and a handbrake, but the clutch is from Moza and probably will take a couple weeks to get here at least. The handbrake is from Amazon and I'll just leave it in the box for now.

Maybe by January I'll finally get VR. Right now I'm just using the chase camera behind the car. The cockpit view feels horrible without head tracking.
Link Posted: 11/15/2023 10:15:56 AM EDT
[#12]
I ended up ordering an ASR3 rig with a chair and monitor mounts from them. Around $1000 shipped. I bought 3x 32" 1440 165hz monitors for about $250 each.

For the time being I'm going to move my existing PC between the rig and my desk. I investigated a lot of options for using displayport switches and long cables. It seems like the only way to get displayport to travel over 20-30 feet reliably is using displayport fiberoptic cables. I may do this in the future so I don't have to move the tower around.

When I get up and running I'll post my usernames for ACC and such on here and hopefully can race with some of you all.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 12:37:09 PM EDT
[#13]
My setup for GT7..

If you aren’t racing in VR, you’re missing out..

Last night’s battle for the win in my “league” @RattleCanAR

Link Posted: 11/20/2023 12:54:33 PM EDT
[#14]
You racing an AM?  

Do you just plug in and drive?

Will a PS4 support VR?
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 1:47:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You racing an AM?  

Do you just plug in and drive?

Will a PS4 support VR?
View Quote

AM? Sorry not sure what you mean.

Yeah it’s pretty plug and play.

PS4 doesn’t do the PSVR2 (newest one) only the original PSVR, which isn’t supported by GT7
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 2:52:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

AM? Sorry not sure what you mean.

Yeah it’s pretty plug and play.

PS4 doesn’t do the PSVR2 (newest one) only the original PSVR, which isn’t supported by GT7
View Quote

Aston Martin

Copy on the rest

My kid wants me to try F1 23, it is on sale for $28 right now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2023 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Aston Martin

Copy on the rest

View Quote

Oh gotcha ?? nah, it’s the Gr. 4 McLaren

I want to try F1 as well, but since they opted not to support VR on PS, I’m probably gonna skip it
Link Posted: 11/21/2023 9:35:08 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

My kid broke my wheel setup, so Im back to GT7 on a controller
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:33:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

My kid broke my wheel setup, so Im back to GT7 on a controller
View Quote

GT7 has better graphics than F1 23 on a PS4 but driving fast in F1 23 is easier.  The F1 23 cars are easier to the control oversteer and the cars don't snap out like in GT7. When the backend does let go it is easily recovered.  FF in GT7 seems to be a bit better with the F1 23 feeling a bit muted in comparison.
Link Posted: 12/23/2023 10:47:59 PM EDT
[#20]
made my own from unistrut.

Link Posted: 12/25/2023 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Got a Moza 12in wheel mod for Christmas can't wait to try it.

I also finally ventured into online servers recently (drifting servers in AC) after deciding my skills were up to par for drifting with other people. My monitor stutters like crazy when near other players. If I just play on my laptop's screen I have no problem, but when plugged into a monitor it stutters like crazy (but only online with other people, in single player with tons of AI cars it doesn't stutter). My ping is excellent so it's not lag.

Turning down all the graphics settings and getting rid of tire smoke and marks entirely seems to have helped the problem. I can tandem with a bunch of players without any stuttering now but the graphics are pretty lame.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 8:57:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Got a Moza 12in wheel mod for Christmas can't wait to try it.

I also finally ventured into online servers recently (drifting servers in AC) after deciding my skills were up to par for drifting with other people. My monitor stutters like crazy when near other players. If I just play on my laptop's screen I have no problem, but when plugged into a monitor it stutters like crazy (but only online with other people, in single player with tons of AI cars it doesn't stutter). My ping is excellent so it's not lag.

Turning down all the graphics settings and getting rid of tire smoke and marks entirely seems to have helped the problem. I can tandem with a bunch of players without any stuttering now but the graphics are pretty lame.
View Quote
sounds like a new pc is in order.

I just sold my R5 combo to fund a R9 upgrade. got a turn racing 320 wheel for my CS v2 button box and a spare QR for the old CS wheel rim. now I have a round wheel for rally/drift and a racing rim for racecar stuff.
Top Top