Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 12/15/2018 10:22:15 PM EDT
Sickening racist graffiti daubed in predominantly Muslim neighbourhood in Birmingham
Staff Reporter | May 1, 2018

Racist graffiti targeting residents in Small Heath has appeared daubed across several prominent streets in the Birmingham neighbourhood (Photo: Rangzeb Hussain)

A series of vile and racist messages have appeared daubed across properties in the Small Heath area of Birmingham.

Racist slurs including the words “Paki Pedo” have been scrawled across homes and walls in the predominantly Muslim neighbourhood, in the south-east of the city.

Offensive graffiti was discovered on properties in the Small Heath of Birmingham

Residents were shocked to discover the offensive vandalism yesterday morning, featured in several prominent streets in the area, with locals painting over some of the hate speech to prevent it inciting further outrage or upset.

The incident follows similar slogans appearing in the area last year, in the same font and style of writing, over Hob Moor Road bridge near Haybarnes Park.

The latest abusive messages are sprayed in several locations in Small Heath, including across the walls of a property on the corner of Waverley Road and Tennyson Road, as well as on pillars that lead into Small Heath Park.

The racially-charged hate messages were sprawled near schools and parks in Small Heath, Birmingham

Additional hate-filled messages were discovered near a bus stop in Oldknow Road, and across the walls inside Digby Park.

Several residents confirmed they had reported the racist graffiti to West Midlands Police, after similar disturbing content had also been sprayed on their cars in Oldknow Road, across the street from Holy Family School.

Almost all of the locations targeted appear to be close to parks, schools and nurseries, and it has been reported that pupils walking by have been stopping and reading the abusive messages on their way home from school.

Hate speech, including the slur “Paki” was spray painted onto properties in Small Heath in Birmingham

The word “Paki” on a wall in Small Heath in Birmingham

A local resident claims to have secured video footage of his car being targeted with spray paint as part of this latest wave of vandalism. He told I Am Birmingham that he was passing the video onto the police.

One of the racist messages in Digby Park has now been painted over by locals in a bid to stop the words from causing pain and distress to families using the park.

Small Heath – a part of the city recently immortalised in TV shows Peaky Blinders and Man Like Mobeen – is home to one of the city’s largest South Asian population, primarily of Pakistani and Bangladeshi heritage; most of whom are also Muslim, according to the Office for National Statistics.

The words “Paki Pedo” daubed at the entrance of a park in Small Heath in Birmingham

Local resident and journalist Rangzeb Hussain was shocked to see the graffiti. He said:

“It is disturbing that the vile slogans have predominately appeared in and around Small Heath Park, ahead of the May Bank Holiday weekend.

“There is a fun fair currently setting up camp inside the park and preparations are in full swing to get the show ready for families. It is very likely the perpetrator behind the abusive graffiti planned the crime to ensure that a maximum number of local families would be exposed to the harmful and upsetting words on their way to the fun fair.

“At a time of mass unemployment, with the tabloid press fanning stories of division and race, it is absolutely imperative that people remain calm and united against those who would tear apart local communities.”

Local residents in Small Heath have been painting over the racist graffiti to prevent it from inciting further offence and outrage

Local residents in Small Heath have been painting over the racist graffiti to prevent it from inciting further offence and outrage

According to West Midlands Police, a hate crime is defined as “any criminal offence which is perceived by the victim or any other person, to be motivated by hostility or prejudice towards a person based on their race, religion, sexual orientation, disability, or gender identity.”

If you are a victim of hate crime or would like to report hate crime in Birmingham, please contact West Midlands Police on 101, or visit: www.west-midlands.police.uk/your-options/hate-crime.

https://www.iambirmingham.co.uk/2018/05/01/sickening-racist-graffiti-daubed-predominantly-muslim-neighbourhood-birmingham/

----------

I'm glad their local police agencies are so proactive in working to stop these vile hate crimes.

Perhaps they will prosecute the perpetrators of the actual rapes with the same vigor.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Sooo.. I was not supposed to laugh at that first picture?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:27:25 PM EDT
[#3]
What's sickening about facts?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:27:27 PM EDT
[#4]
But they are Paki pedo cunts.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:29:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Pass the Coke please.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:30:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought it was Birmingham, Alabama and I was going to write "Hoax".

Still think there is a good chance it is a hoax.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:30:19 PM EDT
[#7]
My field of fucks is barren and cold.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:31:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m glad they don’t call themselves Great Britain anymore, because if this news story is any indication, that ship sailed into a rock and went down with all hands.

They went from a nation that ruled a worldwide empire to a pathetic cesspool of political “correctness” and craven cowardice.

Can’t wait to see how the new masters of England rename everything.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:31:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Here come the ARFCOM bigots.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:31:05 PM EDT
[#10]
But its true.  What wrong with it
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:32:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Truth is an offense
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:32:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Isn't graffiti urban art and culture ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#13]
The first three pictures were taken at the same location
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:34:52 PM EDT
[#14]
What is daubed?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:35:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote
and they are sexist too...
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:35:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:36:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What is daubed?
View Quote
What is "Google"?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:37:34 PM EDT
[#18]
So diverse and inclusive.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But they are Paki pedo cunts.
View Quote
Seems that way.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:39:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What is daubed?
View Quote
Like a dirt dauber.

Do they have those in California?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:40:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The first three pictures were taken at the same location
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:41:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Where the lie at tho?

Ministry of truth does not approve I'm sure!
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:42:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Any updates?  This happened 7 months ago.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:42:56 PM EDT
[#24]
hmmm
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Ah, Brum. a place I remember fondly.  I worked and went to collage there for 4 years.

It is a shit hole city like most large urban areas.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:45:11 PM EDT
[#26]
False flag.

Those damn kids!
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:45:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#28]
"Paki Pedo Cunts"

That sure cuts right to the heart of the matter, doesn't it.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:46:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm glad they don't call themselves Great Britain anymore, because if this news story is any indication, that ship sailed into a rock and went down with all hands.

They went from a nation that ruled a worldwide empire to a pathetic cesspool of political "correctness" and craven cowardice.

Can't wait to see how the new masters of England rename everything.
View Quote
There's a video of some Muslim immigrants wandering around a mosque berating and accosting people, calling themselves the "Muslim patrol" and telling anyone who wasn't Muslim to step away from the mosque.

At one point they walk up on some guy holding a beer and start yelling at him about the evils of alcohol and he tells them something along the lines of "I can walk around with a drink, this is Great Britain" and then one of the filthy third world imports yells at him "Oh no this is not so Great Britain!" before slapping the beer our of the guys hand.

That video came out years ago. When I first watched it I thought "you scummy little ingrate foreigners" (thought worse than that, but CoC). Now it seems that maybe they were right. Great Britain is now Not So Great Britain.

ETA: My recollection was off, the "not so great Britain" remark was directed at some woman they were arguing with. The beer thing was a separate event. You get the idea though.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey, mullah. Whatcha doin'?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#31]
I read it as racist giraffe
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:51:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
What's sickening about facts?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:52:08 PM EDT
[#33]
I’ll have a Coke.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:53:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Paki made gets you laid?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:55:46 PM EDT
[#35]
Don't they have cameras everywhere over there?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:56:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Aaaahhh,  Birmingham England.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#37]
My fucks! Has anyone seen my fucks?! Nope
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:01:04 PM EDT
[#38]
A bunch of articles from around the same time might explain the graffiti?

Google: birmingham gb pakistan rape

ETA: I love the term “Asians”. Perhaps we can go back to oriental to describe myself, just so there’s no confusion.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:02:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Paki is a racial slur?
What race is it referring to?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:14:40 PM EDT
[#40]
Apparently as it was the “same font and style” as previous graffiti, it’s more newsworthy. Perhaps if it was New Times Roman flush left in uppercase/lowercase, it wouldn’t have gotten such extensive news coverage.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:24:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Isn't graffiti urban art and culture ?
View Quote
Bwahahaha... Yes, use their own retardation against them, hold them accountable to their own rules.

There's a reason nobody likes Pakistan, and that distrust extends to its people.

Same goes for muslims.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:24:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Yeah, I'm having a real hard time finding anything to feel bad about this.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:25:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
What's bigoted about wanting Muslims to stay in their own country, since their belief system is not compatible with the beliefs of the civilized world?

They should not be welcome in America, Europe, Asia, or anywhere that values individuality. Keep them in their caves in the Middle East. Better if we just close those caves off also.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:25:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Was that wrong? Should I have not done that?
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:26:22 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
It’s not bigotry if it’s true.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:27:19 PM EDT
[#46]
I’m good with it
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:27:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
What's bigoted about wanting Muslims to stay in their own country, since their belief system is not compatible with the beliefs of the civilized world?

They should not be welcome in America, Europe, Asia, or anywhere that values individuality. Keep them in their caves in the Middle East. Better if we just close those caves off also.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for proving my point.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:29:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
You say that like it's a bad thing. Not all cultures are equal.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:29:14 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's right.

These are only posted on boy/goat Thursdays.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Hmm...still illegal to tell the truth in Britain, eh?  lol

Sorry, but as described by our media and college professors; vandalism isn't hate.  Nor is it any sort of true vandalism.
It's art and free expression.  Sorry, but zero fucks given.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top