Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2020 3:50:46 PM EDT
I've been looking to build up a road/gravel bike and want titanium, however, they are just so damn expensive.

I found I can get the above frame for a good deal (I believe) that is manufactured by Lynskey but I'm torn.  It doesn't have thru axle's and it doesn't have a tapered steering tube plus it isn't disc, however, it otherwise seems like a great deal.

I'm not trying to race or anything and David thinks it should fit me just fine with the 62cm frame as I'm 6'6" and 225lbs but I'm just being wishy washy about it.

I was thinking of going with this groupset but I'm not sure on fork or wheels yet.  I'd like to stay around $2K for the build if at all possible.

Does anyone have any thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/10/2020 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#1]
For a road bike non disc brakes work just fine.
For gravel where you will have mud on your wheels which will diminish braking performance  id pass.
I rode mountain bikes for many years with cantilever/v-brakes, if set up properly (assuming  you have quality brakes) work great except when you get em wet or muddy.
With that said disc brakes are just superior and not only offer more consistent performance,  but greatly reduces hand fatigue on long descents.
Link Posted: 9/6/2020 4:18:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you run a disc on another fork and just do a front disc?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top