Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2018 8:08:55 PM EDT
See the attached chart.  Agree, disagree?  What do you think?

Do you also agree that the belt should match the shoes?

What about socks?  Should be similar color family to pants unless you are trying to make a statement?

What are some shoes, socks and pants combinations with socks to make a statement?

What about adding a blazer?  What colors go together?
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 8:23:08 PM EDT
[#1]
That's ghey.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 10:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's ghey.
View Quote
Take that trailer trash behavior back to GD.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
If by "classic shoes" they're talking about dress shoes, that seems pretty reasonable to me.  As far as the other two that represent "contemporary", it's hard to say as there are some (to me) fairly odd colors in the tables I just wouldn't wear, like red trousers or orange/purple/red shoes.  If it were me I'd just stick with casual shoes in black, a couple shades of brown, and maybe burgundy.  I'd also add burgundy shoes to the "classic" table as well.
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 8:00:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I mix it up. Like yesterday for example...

Dark blue chambray button down

Orange tie with green purple and blue and yellow paisley.

Olive pants, cognac brown shoes and belt and navy sock with red orange and purple stripes.

Got complements from the ladies all day.

Looking good and smelling good will get you pretty dang far.

I think if it works it works
Link Posted: 11/29/2018 9:41:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Who wears red pants?

other than that, i agree with the classic chart.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Sorry for the delayed response.

I am not sure on the red pants thing.  I guess whatever floats your boat.

I took the contemporary to refer to both design and/or color and not necessarily both at the same time and classic is just referring to the 3 classic colors of shoes.

I would think most people would have burgundy or similar color dress shoes and I would consider that more classic than contemporary.

I’ve been using mainly brown, tan and burgundy shoes with matching belts (not a huge fan of black shoes, although did just pick up a pair of black cordovan cap-toe oxfords).  With that I use gray pants in in different shades, navy pants and some dress wool pants that are kind of gray, kind of light brown-tanish. Then for socks I try to get relatively close in base color at different shades, maybe some very mild patterns.

Shirts are pretty low key, mild patterns or solids, rarely wear ties.

I wouldn’t mind being a bit bolder on the socks, but I don’t have much of an eye for picking that kind of thing.  I’ve asked for some for Christmas, so we’ll see what a couple of ladies are able to come up with for me.

For blazers I just go with a navy or a brownish-gray jacket, but I don’t wear them very often.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File
Tan is definitely the most versatile. They look good with beige, tan, brown, blue, navy, grey and charcoal. Half my dress shoes are tan because I wear them the most. Brown gets the second most wear, then mahogany quite a bit with navy, charcoal and sometimes black. I only wear black shoes with black pants and typically only for funerals or very formal occasions.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:28:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/34777/IMG_3550_JPG-762843.JPGTan is definitely the most versatile. They look good with beige, tan, brown, blue, navy, grey and charcoal. Half my dress shoes are tan because I wear them the most. Brown gets the second most wear, then mahogany quite a bit with navy, charcoal and sometimes black. I only wear black shoes with black pants and typically only for funerals or very formal occasions.
View Quote
IMO black is an incredibly overused color.  God forbid you tell some of the people around here that a black suit isn't meant to be everyday wear.  Then again, there's also arguments about why anyone should be bothered to dress up any more than a polo shirt and clean jeans, or taking your hat off indoors/at the table.
Link Posted: 12/10/2018 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's ghey.
yeah you uncivilized oaf, this is a technical forum

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top