Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2021 11:36:13 PM EDT
I have a Aussie that is coming up on 2 years old. Hes a great playmate for my 4 year old and a good watchdog.

Unfortunately I live in the suburbs and have neighbors. My dog hates all the surrounding dogs and barks like a lunatic at them.

I bought him a vibration collar which worked for about a week, but now he just barks through it. He's waking up our baby and wearing out his welcome with my neighbors.

Anyone have any experience with a shock collar? I would prefer something that works automatically when he barks because if im at work my wife usually has her hands full with both kids.  

I really don't want to do this to my buddy but I dont know what else to do.

Here is the offender.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:27:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Smart dog bark collar. It's waterproof rechargeable and worked incredibly well with a 90# bull headed lab mix.

https://images.app.goo.gl/xx5o4eCiZSkLMRtu5 dog

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:29:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Betting all the other dogs in neighborhood bark too.

Also Aussies are smart easily trained.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 12:30:25 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm no help, I live in the country, my dog barks when coyotes or moose or deer get close she's outside barking right now.  Nice looking Aussie you have.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I tried two different auto shock collars.  I think my dog actually LIKED the shock.

He ended up with raw BURN marks on his neck.  It was awful.

I had better luck with a remote controlled collar that did sound - or - vibrate - or - shock (which I never used).

The thing with the remote control is you command the dog to stop barking and when he does not obey, you correct him.  He thinks "shit, he has the hand of God, he can reach me from way over there...".  It's training instead of just punishment.

Anyway, that's my experience.
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top