Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2022 1:05:39 PM EDT
Just have a few questions.
I know Fedex used to allow individuals to ship to an FFL under certain restrictions but it seems they don't anymore. Their website now says "Nonlicensees are prohibited from shipping firearms with FedEx."   https://www.fedex.com/en-us/shipping/how-to-ship-firearms.html

Does UPS still allow this? Is that the only way to go now?

Are my responsibilities as the seller/sender to ship it next day air, include a copy of my driver's license and the FFL I am shipping to and notify the UPS clerk that it's a firearm?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:22:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Get insurance.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Can you get the FFL to send you a label?

Red
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:43:12 PM EDT
[#3]
No, you read wrong.  Both UPS and Fedex will allow individuals to ship handguns to FFL's.  But they must be shipped via overnight express, which is quite expensive.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, you read wrong.  Both UPS and Fedex will allow individuals to ship handguns to FFL's.  But they must be shipped via overnight express, which is quite expensive.
View Quote

I can't find that on the Fedex page. It seems to clearly state you can only ship through Fedex if you are an FFL. Could be wrong but could you let me know where they say an individual can ship if it's overnight express?
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:03:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:10:58 PM EDT
[#6]
FedEx recently changed their tariff and prohibit individuals shipping handguns, maybe all firearms, don't recall.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:56:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Last September FedEx changed their policy.  Not only will they only accept shipments from FFL's, but the FFL must be accepted in their Firearms Shipping Compliance Program.

For the OP, it might be cheaper/easier to find a local dealer to ship it for you, as FFL's can use USPS.  So, USPS Priority + transfer fee will probably be less than UPS express overnight.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 2:57:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Too many guns getting robbed out of Mumpfes
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]
USPS, flat rate priority, insured and include a copy of your DL. Good to go.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:25:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I can't find that on the Fedex page. It seems to clearly state you can only ship through Fedex if you are an FFL. Could be wrong but could you let me know where they say an individual can ship if it's overnight express?
View Quote

My FFL says he can ship if for me cheaper than I can because he is not required to overnight it and he gets a better rate anyway.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:  USPS, flat rate priority, insured and include a copy of your DL. Good to go.
View Quote

Sigh.  USPS doesn't allow anything but rifles & shotguns, & antique firearms to be shipped by a non-licensed individual.  Not even stripped lowers.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:03:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

First result for "Shipping Firearms With Fedex" via google. There's no special provision for overnight, 2 day, express, whatever.

Non licensees can't ship with Fedex.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 5:46:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

While physically one could try/do that... it's not lawful.

Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:09:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Concealed means concealed.
View Quote

While that's true, being as we're in the legal section I assumed OP was looking for actual info.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 7:13:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 8:18:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, great way to catch a felony. A member here did that and the ffl holder called the atf and reported him.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#18]
I would not ship anything by FedX ground or air.  If something goes wrong their insurance will f*** you over until you give up dealing with the bastards.

Speaking from several recent dealings with them!

We have had great dealings with UPS
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top