BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Posted: 1/23/2022 9:18:41 PM EDT
UPDATE:

The details as I understand them:

Interventional radiology techs and nurses from one hospital get hired at another for higher pay. The hospital they’re leaving sues the hospital they were hired at saying that care would be adversely impacted if they leave. Before the lawsuit, the employees say “pay us more and we will stay.”

It was leaked that administrators said “it’s not worth the long term cost to pay you more.” So they said bye.

Then the administrators filed a lawsuit. It is a right to work state. There is no noncompete clause. Judge halts their employment with the new hospital AND the old hospital and says the two hospitals should work it out. Meanwhile there’s a court date set for tomorrow at 10:00 AM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/what-to-know-about-the-battle-over-fox-valley-health-care-workers-now-playing-out-in-court/ar-AAT1za7

“APPLETON - It was unclear whether a group of former ThedaCare employees would be allowed to start their new jobs at Ascension Northeast Wisconsin Monday after lawyers for both health systems made their first appearance in court Friday morning.

The uncertainty is the latest development in a battle over health care employees that began late Thursday and is now playing out in court. It comes as staff shortages strain health systems nationwide — nearly one in five health care workers have quit their jobs since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic.  

ThedaCare requested Thursday that an Outagamie County judge temporarily block seven of its employees who had applied for and accepted jobs at Ascension from beginning work there on Monday until the health system could find replacements for them.”

Imagine being these workers. This seems outrageous
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:23:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Maximum Clown world engaged….
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:24:18 PM EDT
[#2]
So they HAVE to work at the old hospital, or else?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:24:44 PM EDT
[#3]
I would not show up at the now former assholes no matter what unless the police carry me there
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
That judge is a tard
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Maximum honk!
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:26:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I would not show up at the now former assholes no matter what unless the police carry me there
View Quote

The hospital suing told the employees who want to leave to ignore the judges order and come back to work stating that it’s unenforceable. Not kidding
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
WTF
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:26:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Hospital Sues At-Will Workers for Getting Better Jobs
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

FPMFNI
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Forcing you into a place and forcing you to work? When did slavery become legal again?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:32:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That judge is a tard
View Quote

They all are.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:33:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Forcing you into a place and forcing you to work? When did slavery become legal again?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In Soviet Union you work for the good of the state.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#13]
How about the old hospital stop accepting patients if they can't handle it.?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Democrats and liberals always believed in slavery… as long as they could pick who was going to be enslaved.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
How about the old hospital stop accepting patients if they can't handle it.?
View Quote

Then that’s on ThedaCare’s administration. Not the workers.

This isn’t a union environment where the judge is stopping a union from striking.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:43:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Judge is a pos
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#17]
This sounds like a really bad plot on that terrible show "Picket Fences".
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:44:56 PM EDT
[#18]
wonder how many traveling nurses that hospital is using?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:45:09 PM EDT
[#19]
I would do exactly as I pleased, come do something about it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:45:17 PM EDT
[#20]
New america
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Somebody ought to tell the judge where he has to work and prevent him from seeking alternatives.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:46:48 PM EDT
[#22]
They should totally pay lots of attorney fees so the now extremely disgruntled employees can bitch to their coworkers about how much more money they could be working if management wasn't total idiots, who will inspire even more to leave.  Surely that will fix the problem that caused people to leave in the first place.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:47:30 PM EDT
[#23]
Democrats sure do like their slavery, don't they?
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:52:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
That judge is a tard Fascist Commie
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:53:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They should totally pay lots of attorney fees so the now extremely disgruntled employees can bitch to their coworkers about how much more money they could be working if management wasn't total idiots, who will inspire even more to leave.  Surely that will fix the problem that caused people to leave in the first place.
View Quote

Now you know how hospital administrators operate across the spectrum. They are literally this retarded
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:54:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Fuck that judge and most others.
Fuck the hospital administration in question and all of the others too.

Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Then the administrators filed a lawsuit. It is a right to work state. There is no noncompete clause. Judge halts their employment with the new hospital AND the old hospital and says the two hospitals should work it out. Meanwhile there’s a court date set for tomorrow at 10:00 AM
View Quote

Right to work only affects unions, so it does not apply here.  Employment at will is the correct policy.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:57:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The hospital suing told the employees who want to leave to ignore the judges order and come back to work stating that it’s unenforceable. Not kidding
View Quote

That’s what I would do.
Unless there’s a non compete in place, there’s no legal basis to stop someone changing employers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:57:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Judge should be disbarred.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:58:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And hospital corporations wonder why health care workers despise them, Lol.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#31]
Likelyl current "employer" will eventually be paying these employees a nice stipend to work at new employer.

Pants on retarded clown world.

Also;

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:59:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Right to work only affects unions, so it does not apply here.  Employment at will is the correct policy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the clarification. A quick search reveals it is an at Will state
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Yet another teachable moment .

I’ll be deciding where I work judge .
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:00:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I would promptly sue my former employer for impediment of my right to work. Fuck them.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:00:09 PM EDT
[#35]

"Irreparable harm..."

Bullshit. Clown hospital is forced to sub contract those services out to a hospital capable of those services, or stop advertising the ability to perform them. Clown hospital made a choice by not matching wages. This problem could have resolved itself without clown judge sticking his dick in it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:01:54 PM EDT
[#36]
Heroes
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:02:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Employees should file a federal employment  claim against the judge.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#38]
Hahha if those 7 are smart and team up with a good lawyer, they won't have to work for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:03:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I would promptly sue my former employer for impediment of my right to work. Fuck them.
View Quote

Yes. And encourage every damned other nurse and tech I know there to leave. I'd also report everything I could to every regulatory body.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:03:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

That’s what I would do.
Unless there’s a non compete in place, there’s no legal basis to stop someone changing employers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That’s what I would do.

@MedmanKS

Non competes have a very poor track record of being enforced in the medical world.  As it was explained to me, lawyers can decide to hang up their own shingle in the same town after leaving a law firm, so historically judges have been reluctant to enforce non competes.

Being in the medical field, I’m definitely interested in how this turns out!
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:04:59 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

@whiskerz

I’ve seen that threatened and the hospital did back down.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:08:48 PM EDT
[#42]
laws were put in place to prevent existing full time healthcare workers from quitting to become emergency workers (which were not permanent positions, but paid more).  The real problem was they needed more workers and wanted to induce workers who had left the work force to come back to fulfill short term shortages - having workers paying musical jobs did nothing to increase the number of healthcare workers.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:09:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Judge should be disbarred.
View Quote

Yep,  i would be calling a few lawyers and getting ready for a fat check and a field day for the lawyers at his expense on the way out the door for him..

Tell me where i have to work ??..lol
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:09:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Wife and I are both in healthcare laughing out asses off at this.

Hospitals completely ignore their staff, have a mass migration, then she to prevent the migration while staying they refuse to change salary to match the competition.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:11:03 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@MedmanKS

Non competes have a very poor track record of being enforced in the medical world.  As it was explained to me, lawyers can decide to hang up their own shingle in the same town after leaving a law firm, so historically judges have been reluctant to enforce non competes.

View Quote

IANAL, but my understanding is that there are some states where they’re moot, OK is one I believe. Unfortunately KS recognizes them, but there’s a burden of proof.

Just switching employers, and not actively taking clients, wouldn’t meet that burden of proof I believe.

This judge sounds like a fucktard lib. But that’s not surprising.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

IANAL, but my understanding is that there are some states where they’re moot, OK is one I believe. Unfortunately KS recognizes them, but there’s a burden of proof.

Just switching employers, and not actively taking clients, wouldn’t meet that burden of proof I believe.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@MedmanKS

Good to know.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:13:54 PM EDT
[#47]
Uh, slavery?  Arrest the judge and the plaintiffs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:14:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Family quit Theta a month back as the culture has gotten so horrible there was no light at the end of the tunnel.

Jab requirement led to a sizable loss of employees. Way more than reported.

The only folks left are navigating round after round of lockdowns and booster shots. Even those who got the jab are burned out getting sick of all of the unnecessary garbage they have to deal with aside from the highly politicized vaccine.

Sad.
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#50]
How is there a valid noncompete for mundane shit like being a nurse or radiology tech?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 9
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top