Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Is it SMA’s account or is someone running it for him?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
No way they ever played the loader role on TT8 during the basic course. I feel sorry for her crew, busting track is a hell of a thing with a 3 man crew.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/gmfxRWg.jpg
Put them on this little afternoon project... report back to me how it went....
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

My tank looked just like that once.  Our male LT did not lift a finger to help.  A female LT can do exactly the same thing.

Actually, we were thrilled to have that idiot leave us alone to work.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:16:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I live a few miles from Ft Sill and use their facilities as a retiree.  It is a culture shock every time I drive on that base.  
God help us if we every have another world war.
View Quote

No worries if it's a real war, instead of a profit expedition for defense industry, we will just draft every single male in the country and Chuck em in the meat grinder to save the asses of whatever dumb ass got us into it.  The fat pregnant female soldiers wont be anywhere near the shit you can take that to the bank.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Guarantee they will spend more time as a company xo or in the 3 shop than with a tank platoon.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:19:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
And how heavy are the sabot rounds? Gals gonna need to hit the gym.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not worried about PMCS because it's rare that an officer has time to do any of that, but does she even have the upper body strength to open the TCs hatch without aid of the loader or other crew member?

Don't bother asking why I pose this question.
And how heavy are the sabot rounds? Gals gonna need to hit the gym.

Because it's a better balanced round, the M829 series APFSDS-T Sabot isn't too bad IMHO compared to the old M830 HEAT which is very nose heavy, but the M830 HEAT is out of US production and has been mostly phased out for the M830A1 HEAT-MP / MPAT round, which I understand is being phased out for yet another, more versatile round.  Still heavy and awkward to maneuver inside the turret when speed counts and you need a reserve of upper body strength to be effective.  Loading the main gun while on the move and with the main gun stab on isn't something you want to be casual about.    

This is such a shit idea, and it's not just armor that will be impacted negatively.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I had a female in my FAOBC at Sill in ‘91, she was a West Point grad. Not totally sure where she ended up, but IIRC she went to a MLRS Bttry or a training Bat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

and that's before we get into the distraction and drama of having females in units of testosterone-filled, competitive, hard-charging males.

Females in an S1 or JAG office? Fine.

Females in an artillery battery or infantry company? Nope.

I had a female in my FAOBC at Sill in ‘91, she was a West Point grad. Not totally sure where she ended up, but IIRC she went to a MLRS Bttry or a training Bat.

She was still in the training Bat when I went through in  95.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:21:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I agree with this statement.  If you can meet the set standards and want to be in the fight, I want you to have the opportunity.

18Z50....SFAS, we separate the wheat from the chaff.
View Quote

Didn't they alter the land nav test so women could pass?

LOL, you should know better.  They never make women meet the same requirements.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm not worried about PMCS because it's rare that an officer has time to do any of that, but does she even have the upper body strength to open the TCs hatch without aid of the loader or other crew member?

View Quote

Imagine if they still had M85s to mount....I'd pay to watch that.  And the charging process.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Imagine if they still had M85s to mount....I'd pay to watch that.  And the charging process.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The M48 (M2 Cal. .50 MG with M10 charger assy) is no lightweight either.  Then again, that's what *male* loaders are for now I suppose.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:55:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Is it SMA’s account or is someone running it for him?
View Quote

His
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 3:57:33 PM EDT
[#12]
All this SJW shit does is weaken the military and put lives in danger.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]
She's hawt.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:01:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I can tell you right now that at least one will be unable to help out because she's on pregnancy limited duty.

I was fairly neutral on female soldiers getting pregnant when I was on AD, but towards the end I saw it just fucking abused to get out of deployments, to get off work at exactly 1700 because "gotta pick up muh kids at the base daycare," to double her income by collecting BAH from multiple senior NCO babydaddies.  I've come around to the point of "if they get pregnant, throw them out."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I can tell you right now that at least one will be unable to help out because she's on pregnancy limited duty.

I was fairly neutral on female soldiers getting pregnant when I was on AD, but towards the end I saw it just fucking abused to get out of deployments, to get off work at exactly 1700 because "gotta pick up muh kids at the base daycare," to double her income by collecting BAH from multiple senior NCO babydaddies.  I've come around to the point of "if they get pregnant, throw them out."

We had several in our unit and we called baby deployment dodgers.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The M48 (M2 Cal. .50 MG with M10 charger assy) is no lightweight either.  Then again, that's what *male* loaders are for now I suppose.
View Quote

I think the M2 is actually heavier, but the M85 was a one-person-only job, at a really bad angle.  Also, I'm going to need a couple of you to re-hang these side skirts...
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Less and less of us Iraq and Afghanistan vets still serving each day.

Half of these people would have never signed up during the surge years in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now they are in just to be military Tiktokers, or Instagram models.

20 years is coming up quick for me, but part of me still wants to stay in hoping for the next war, so I can see all these young'ens shit themselves.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 4:03:00 PM EDT
[#17]
I said thirty years ago we could have female armor lieutenants- male or female, none has ever worked on my track and are equally useless.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:00:31 PM EDT
[#18]
My last 6+ in the Corps I was a instructor at Aberdeen Proving Grounds (late 80's to mid 90's) teaching both self-propelled, towed artillery and a bunch of other stuff to USMC, US Army and foreign students. The only real issues I had were the female soldiers not being able to meet standards, both physical and academic. I'd fail them (after the requisite 3 chances) and recommend reassignment to another MOS the Army Warrant or his boss would overrule my failing them and then either GIVE them the MOS without further testing or have them coached through the test by an Army instructor.

With very rare exceptions they as a whole could not....break track, torque trunnions, lift and remove equilibrators, remove the 5hp hydraulic motors, and many other required tasks requiring upper body strength. They were a serious danger to anyone working with them because they would just let go of anything they could not handle and let it drop on whoever had the other side. Lots of faux injuries by the females and several real injuries to the males. Even with documented proof the powers that be ignored it and let them move on to operational units. Their academic performance was just as dismal but at least not injurious to others. (until they fucked up at their units)

Of course this was in the same time period that MANY of the DS's were being caught fucking, passing around and pimping their female soldiers. Ended up giving testimony a few times in that mess also.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:03:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I agree with this statement.  If you can meet the set standards and want to be in the fight, I want you to have the opportunity.

View Quote

We had a few women from Battalion HQ get sent out on combat patrols with us like two or three times. Things went fine; even one of them was all gung ho and saying "if the turret guy goes down, I'm jumping on the gun". We didn't make enemy contact those nights, so I don't know how things would have gone. I didn't have a negative experience in working alongside women in that regard.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I think the M2 is actually heavier, but the M85 was a one-person-only job, at a really bad angle.  Also, I'm going to need a couple of you to re-hang these side skirts...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The M85 weighs 65lbs. vs the M2's 84 lb weight, but yeah, loading the M85 up thru the cupola cradle at a 45 degree angle and then holding it with one hand while you crank the elevation down so you can then muscle it around and get the rear pin in is not going to be done by any one of those three split tails...

And every LT I ever had  had his dick in the mud.. punching tubes, replacing track.... I made sure of that....

And if you shoot it, you instal it... Hell, I want to see them pull the Charging handle to load the M2.

Mark my words, there will be an all female tank crew show cased at some point down the road...the ultimate PR coupe.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:09:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Did i make it in before someone compares females in the IDF to fat lazy females in the US Army as a justification for females in US Infantry units ?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:10:51 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Will they (women) be able to stand the gore of real combat is the question

View Quote

The Who?

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

The M85 weighs 65lbs. vs the M2's 84 lb weight, but yeah, loading the M85 up thru the cupola cradle at a 45 degree angle and then holding it with one hand while you crank the elevation down so you can then muscle it around and get the rear pin in is not going to be done by any one of those three split tails...

And every LT I ever had  had his dick in the mud.. punching tubes, replacing track.... I made sure of that....

And if you shoot it, you instal it... Hell, I want to see them pull the Charging handle to load the M2.

Mark my words, there will be an all female tank crew showcased at some point down the road...the ultimate PR coupe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mark my words, there will be an all female tank crew showcased at some point down the road...the ultimate PR coupe.

Pulling batteries out from the sub turret floor during services was always a joy too:  Some crews passed them up through the loaders hatch, others knocked out the drivers escape hatch using a hammer and passed them through the drivers station to someone laying on the ground under the hull.  The Abrams was such an improvement over the old, lumbering M60A1 in every way, especially maintenance.  Still, the vast majority of wimminz were and are not designed or suited to being tank crewmen for a 70 ton AFV.  The USMC tried, but could not find qualified women to become 1812s (equivalent to a US Army 19K) before the MOS and the M1A1 were discarded from the FMF.

Yes, you are correct about an all-female tank crew, just like the USAF had an all-female crew for a C-17 a while back.  Someone will be tripping all over themselves to have that bullet point on their OER and justify it for "recruiting and retention".

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What are the standards?

Different sets for different sexes?  Who would you have loading artillery: a group of average men or a group of average women.  Be honest now.

View Quote

That’s where trannies come into the plan. Average “women” who can perform as well as average men, because they are men....
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Time to learn Chinese.
View Quote

^this.

China will be winning over Latin America and Latino's next.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:42:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
My last 6+ in the Corps I was a instructor at Aberdeen Proving Grounds (late 80's to mid 90's) teaching both self-propelled, towed artillery and a bunch of other stuff to USMC, US Army and foreign students. The only real issues I had were the female soldiers not being able to meet standards, both physical and academic. I'd fail them (after the requisite 3 chances) and recommend reassignment to another MOS the Army Warrant or his boss would overrule my failing them and then either GIVE them the MOS without further testing or have them coached through the test by an Army instructor.

With very rare exceptions they as a whole could not....break track, torque trunnions, lift and remove equilibrators, remove the 5hp hydraulic motors, and many other required tasks requiring upper body strength. They were a serious danger to anyone working with them because they would just let go of anything they could not handle and let it drop on whoever had the other side. Lots of faux injuries by the females and several real injuries to the males. Even with documented proof the powers that be ignored it and let them move on to operational units. Their academic performance was just as dismal but at least not injurious to others. (until they fucked up at their units)

Of course this was in the same time period that MANY of the DS's were being caught fucking, passing around and pimping their female soldiers. Ended up giving testimony a few times in that mess also.
View Quote

Part of the problem is that the Army-being a much larger organization-has recruiting challenges that the USMC doesn't have to contend with, thankfully.  Pushing people through instead of throwing money at the problem and offering enlistment incentives to attract the right kind of talent is the cheap and easy way to deal with the problem you witnessed.    

Your perspective is a good case for conscription;  either increase pay / and or bonus money to incentivize service, or start drafting young men again.  Recruiting women into jobs they have no hope in succeeding at is a waste of money, immoral, and a fools' errand.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:48:16 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote
She (?) looks to me like a cat that is trying to decide if you are small enough to kill and eat.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:51:24 PM EDT
[#29]
'Bad boy?" Did she assume the Stetson's gender? Send her to sensitivity training. With such biased attitudes, she may be unfit to serve
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 6:55:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I thought Lt. Longoria was pretty hot till I scrolled down and saw all the tats.  She has more tats than a sailor.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Driving a tank, loading artillery shells, humping a rifle and a ruck are only tasks. Part of a soldiers role is to integrate with the rest of the unit. If you cannot do that also then you do not belong.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:00:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Pulling batteries out from the sub turret floor during services was always a joy too:  Some crews passed them up through the loaders hatch, others knocked out the drivers escape hatch using a hammer and passed them through the drivers station to someone laying on the ground under the hull.  The Abrams was such an improvement over the old, lumbering M60A1 in every way, especially maintenance.  Still, the vast majority of wimminz were and are not designed or suited to being tank crewmen for a 70 ton AFV.  The USMC tried, but could not find qualified women to become 1812s (equivalent to a US Army 19K) before the MOS and the M1A1 were discarded from the FMF.

Yes, you are correct about an all-female tank crew, just like the USAF had an all-female crew for a C-17 a while back.  Someone will be tripping all over themselves to have that bullet point on their OER and justify it for "recruiting and retention".

View Quote

And lets not forget the breechblock.... rotating sprockets, opening up the front skirt...pulling a road wheel off a dogbone...and cross loading ammo from the TC's side to the loaders side.

Plus... If I recall... they will all have to do the events in the new PT test that are geared for the Heavy lift Combat Arms MOS's.... I'm sure they will all max that with no problems.... As soon as they unfuck that.... My poor beloved Army....What happened to you...
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:03:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I wanna see that bitch break track and load a ready rack, mount and charge an M2.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

They’d break a nail.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:05:06 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah this pretty bitch. Get on those tow pintals with that cable.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Less and less of us Iraq and Afghanistan vets still serving each day.

Half of these people would have never signed up during the surge years in Iraq and Afghanistan. Now they are in just to be military Tiktokers, or Instagram models.

20 years is coming up quick for me, but part of me still wants to stay in hoping for the next war, so I can see all these young'ens shit themselves.
View Quote

Yea, you should get out.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:12:44 PM EDT
[#37]
So we are gonna have suicide bombers now?
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:17:16 PM EDT
[#38]
When the Russians took back a town in WWII they gave everyone who could stand a PPSH and took them into the next battle.   We have an amazing professional army but so did Germany.

Leon De Grille:  "When the Russians retook a town they gave every ragamuffin and barefoot boy an automatic,  thus making an inexhaustible supply of human material"

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

If someone is going to be sharing a fighting position with me, all I give a shit about is whose side they're on and their ability to get the job done.

But we're also at a point where I hope the .mil keeps on with their self-destructive PC bullshit, because it'll help reduce their effectiveness when turned on us.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:18:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I live a few miles from Ft Sill and use their facilities as a retiree.  It is a culture shock every time I drive on that base.  
View Quote

The Chinese are going to push our shit in.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got one better. We had an M88 throw it's track while towing an Abrams downhill. The tank rolled up on top of the broken track and it was right in the middle of a switchback turn so it was almost impossible to get any other vehicles in there. That recovery took the better part of 16 hours.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:28:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Will they (women) be able to stand the gore of real combat is the question

View Quote

Since 2001 many women have served in roles placing them in, or close to, direct combat. Many of these women have handled it, and many haven't. Many men have been in the same positions and have handled it fine, but many also haven't.

Many ARFCOMers will post about how they can't wait for a Boogaloo, but many will never be able to stomach what a real civil war on their soil actually looks like.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#43]
We're fucked.

"Hey Mav, what's the number to that Chinese language school?"
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:33:49 PM EDT
[#44]
WTF?

Off to burn my hat and party shirt.

So glad I’m not a part of all this political correct BS
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:36:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

If you listen to what we are being told, particularly by the overlords at the World Economic Forum, the US will "no longer be a super power" in the near future.  

Consequently, the overlords within the US government don't give two fucks who makes up the hard-chargers, and the reason is simple, hard-charging will no longer matter.  

Roadmap found here.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:39:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
She could break track for sure......
View Quote

The Army will spare no expense to prove that women CAN break and fix track, to include spending billions on making it easier.
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:47:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:48:35 PM EDT
[#48]
Went from focusing on war to focusing on social justice issues....one of trumps main failures, not purging the leftist scum from brass
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:49:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Let me translate his tweets

"Please don't replace me with a minority woman...ILL SUCK YOUR DICK..ILL SUCK YOUR DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICK"
Link Posted: 2/21/2021 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Many ARFCOMers will post about how they can't wait for a Boogaloo, but many will never be able to stomach what a real civil war on their soil actually looks like.
View Quote
Elite Warriors of the Internet.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top