Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2022 4:49:22 PM EDT
Has anyone had luck selling wood boards? I've got a decent stash of rough cut, planed, hand hewn and some other pieces that I really don't want to move to my new shop.  It's enough that its worth putting some time into selling, especially with some of the prices I've seen stuff going for lately. I've got it on Craigslist, but anyone have any idea where else I might be able to sell?
I don't have any local yards (that I've heard of) that purchase from individuals.  

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Located in central PA if it matters

Link Posted: 8/15/2022 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Location and pick-up vs. shipping matters quite a bit, in my limited experience.

I had a friend who about 15 years ago sold off a shed full of seasoned pecan & hickory planks in Central Florida that was sourced in KY/VA and shipped south via boxcar.  He made significantly more bank here where we don't have those trees compared to trying to sell it up north.

Set up a deal to have some Amish/Mennonites bring the wood down here to Pinecraft and sell it for you for a percentage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top