Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/13/2023 12:16:42 PM EDT
I have a few 39mm Seiko 5 Sports (SRPE) automatics that I would like to have regulated to make the most of their moderate accuracy potential, beginning with one watch that runs particularly slow.

Can anyone direct me to a shop or individual who can capably regulate a Seiko 4R36 movement to the better end of factory specs?  I'd also love to have the finished product pressure tested to 100m after reinstalling the case back.

Thanks all!
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 6:36:19 PM EDT
[#1]
OST.
I have an old Seiko I'd love to have regulated. It gains a minute per day, has done so since it was new.
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OST.
I have an old Seiko I'd love to have regulated. It gains a minute per day, has done so since it was new.
View Quote
is it magnetized?
Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:10:17 PM EDT
[#3]
1st, nice username!

Its pretty easy to do it yourself. I use a timegrapher app and the microphone on my apple earbuds.
For what you would pay someone to do it, a legit time grapher would pay for itself after a few watches, about $160. Amazon timegrapher
How Do I Regulate My Seiko Watch? 7S26, 4R36, NH36, NH35 Movement Regulation with Timegrapher

I haven't had any issues with re-installing the case back, no water intrusion so far. Looks like a pressure tester is about $150.
pressure tester

Link Posted: 5/13/2023 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
1st, nice username!

Its pretty easy to do it yourself. I use a timegrapher app and the microphone on my apple earbuds.
For what you would pay someone to do it, a legit time grapher would pay for itself after a few watches, about $160. Amazon timegrapher
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VPeKFk1axbA
I haven't had any issues with re-installing the case back, no water intrusion so far. Looks like a pressure tester is about $150.
pressure tester

View Quote

Haha.  I've noticed your username in the past, as well.

Under different circumstances, I would gladly invest in the simple tools and try this myself, but I admittedly have a lot of irons in the fire right now.  As such, I'd love to pay a pro or experienced enthusiast to dial these in for me.

Link Posted: 5/22/2023 10:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Bump for suggestions.
Link Posted: 5/22/2023 1:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
is it magnetized?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
OST.
is it magnetized?

Nope.
At least, not that I know.
I took it back to the store 1 week after buying it and they said that there was nothing they could do. I think they just didn't want to do the extra work; after all, they already had my money!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nope.
At least, not that I know.
I took it back to the store 1 week after buying it and they said that there was nothing they could do. I think they just didn't want to do the extra work; after all, they already had my money!
View Quote

You can check it with a small button compass. If it repels one of the poles as you move the compass around the case, it's magnetized. You can buy a cheap degausser on Amazon, or just run it over the RFID thingy at a checkout counter.
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 12:13:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

You can check it with a small button compass. If it repels one of the poles as you move the compass around the case, it's magnetized. You can buy a cheap degausser on Amazon, or just run it over the RFID thingy at a checkout counter.
View Quote

Thanks, I will try that!
Link Posted: 5/23/2023 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Not sure how old yours are but seiko’s warranty is three years. You can send in the watch and your warranty card and they will fix/adjust it for free. If out of warranty they will send an email with the cost to repair.
Link Posted: 5/24/2023 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Not sure how old yours are but seiko’s warranty is three years. You can send in the watch and your warranty card and they will fix/adjust it for free. If out of warranty they will send an email with the cost to repair.
View Quote

I am looking to send it to somebody for aftermarket support as Seiko could only reasonably be expected to ensure that the watch is +45 to -35 seconds per day, which is their standard for that movement.  I am hoping to get it dialed in just a bit closer than that.
Top Top